Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Messi to Leeds

In terms of delusional fans, they are right up there. Theres tons of examples online, just one below to get started. 😂

Screenshot_20200825-225837_Twitter.jpg

50 to 1 with skybet... basically you give them a quid and they keep it!

Hell of a signing getting Rodrigo though to be fair to them. How have they got so much money ready to spend? borrowing off the owners and then paying back their prem prize money when it comes in?

15 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Hell of a signing getting Rodrigo though to be fair to them. How have they got so much money ready to spend? borrowing off the owners and then paying back their prem prize money when it comes in?

That’s how promoted clubs do it, borrow up front to shore up the squad and pay it back as the Sky money rolls in. Not possible for us as our owners have nothing up front to lend, and we don’t want to take on any outside debt.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Not always and I was on it

Untitled.png

It really doesn't surprise me that they believe that messi would go to Leeds, their fans seem to be completely delusional. They have a god given right to be in the premier league even though for the last 16 years they were not good enough and only seem to be in the Premier league due to the break due to C-19 because normally they are knackered by the end of the season and throw it away. I'm sure they their fans will expect champions league this season because they deserve to be in Europe. Personally I hope they go down.

• Like 1

You joke, but Leeds have shown more intent in one signing than we did with all ours on going up. 

Edited by Jerrykerry

5 hours ago, Jerrykerry said:

You joke, but Leeds have shown more intent in one signing than we did with all ours on going up.

I would be appalled if we spent £30m on a guy who is 29, scored 4 goals and made 1 assist in an incredibly talented side last year and is having to sell anything that moves now to cover costs.

Valencia must be laughing all the way to the bank with this one. It's not a sign of ambition, it's a sign of desperation.

Edited by TheGoogler
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

I would be appalled if we spent £30m on a guy who is 29, scored 4 goals and made 1 assist in an incredibly talented side last year and is having to sell anything that moves now to cover costs.

Valencia must be laughing all the way to the bank with this one. It's not a sign of ambition, it's a sign of desperation.

Yeah - couldn’t believe the fee for a player who has been in such obvious decline for the past few seasons. 

They haven’t managed to replace Ben White yet either, so they have spend £45m and have a squad that’s weaker than the one they got promoted with. 

Leeds and WBA struggles so far in the market show why Norwich just decided it might be better to just sign nobody. 

• Like 1

Not sure about Rodrigo, would have preferred Watkins - cheaper and younger. As for Messi to Leeds, why not?😀

There is likely to be major investment in the club over the next few months, the San Francisco 49ers already own 10% and want a bigger stake, Leeds are now valued at £300 million. Staying in the PL is a must.

9 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

Not sure about Rodrigo, would have preferred Watkins - cheaper and younger. As for Messi to Leeds, why not?😀

There is likely to be major investment in the club over the next few months, the San Francisco 49ers already own 10% and want a bigger stake, Leeds are now valued at £300 million. Staying in the PL is a must.

Not trying to start an argument but how on earth can Leeds be valued at £300m.

What do they have in that business that makes it worth that much?

39 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

This is where football has disappeared up its own backside. Money and fanciful valuations matter more to some than entertaining the fans on a matchday.

8 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

That’s how promoted clubs do it, borrow up front to shore up the squad and pay it back as the Sky money rolls in. Not possible for us as our owners have nothing up front to lend, and we don’t want to take on any outside debt.

Yeah, Leeds have spent circa 30m on a player who scored less than 5 goals last season in a decent team. I bet Valencia can't believe their luck!

6 hours ago, Jerrykerry said:

shown a pretty good intent to pay way over the odds for a player who seems to have got worse, yeah. 

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Yeah, Leeds have spent circa 30m on a player who scored less than 5 goals last season in a decent team. I bet Valencia can't believe their luck!

I didn’t comment on the Leeds transfer, only how they’d funded it. Personally I think they vastly overpaid.

6 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I didn’t comment on the Leeds transfer, only how they’d funded it. Personally I think they vastly overpaid.

Sorry, shouldn't have really quoted your post!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Norwich took on a debt of £20m after promotion to fund player bonuses and transfer spending. The Leeds owner is not putting any of his own cash in - he doesn't have that much - and is also borrowing money. Problem with borrowed money is it costs extra money to pay it back.

2 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Leeds and WBA struggles so far in the market show why Norwich just decided it might be better to just sign nobody. 

Whilst I agree with this completely, I think the general consensus in some ex-player + press quarters seems to be that you have to spend to the limit, even if it does not improve the quality of your squad - cf the Daily Mail article (Samuels?).

Otherwise you are not playing the game.

Messi would only want about 500k a week. I'm sure he will settle for 100k so he can join Leeds. It's his dream to play up top with Bamford. 

Realistically hes going to Man City, PSG, MLS or back to Argentina.

I would like to see how Messi could perform in the EPL. No question an obscenely talented player but could he handle the physicality of the league? 

Personally I'd like to see him go somewhere like a Leeds and give something back to the game as he's got so much money he probably doesn't know what to do with it.

Problem with the UK is that he'd be paying an awful lot of tax!

13 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Messi would only want about 500k a week. I'm sure he will settle for 100k so he can join Leeds. It's his dream to play up top with Bamford. 

Realistically hes going to Man City, PSG, MLS or back to Argentina.

£500k a week would be a considerable pay cut for him as he's currently on roughly £1m a week. Messi has been sort of the saving and ruinous force on Barcelona. 

2 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Whether you like them or not they are a big club with a worldwide fan base that has grown since Bielsa became manager, this season's turnover is forecast to be £200 million which is the same as AC Milan's. 

18 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

Whether you like them or not they are a big club with a worldwide fan base that has grown since Bielsa became manager, this season's turnover is forecast to be £200 million which is the same as AC Milan's. 

I'm not trying to disagree for the sake of it, but I am genuinely curious where that extra income will come from (i.e. the cash that is over and above what, for example, Fulham will turn over)? That's a lot of extra shirt sales.

Edited by Nuff Said

27 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

£500k a week would be a considerable pay cut for him as he's currently on roughly £1m a week. Messi has been sort of the saving and ruinous force on Barcelona. 

Well he's going to have to take a pay cut to move anywhere pretty much.

I just hope he doesn't go to Qatar or similar.

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

Well he's going to have to take a pay cut to move anywhere pretty much.

I just hope he doesn't go to Qatar or similar.

If he can get out of his contract and no fee is required, I reckon there will be a club stupid enough to pay him £52m for a season. PSG and Man U both seem that stupid.

9 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

If he can get out of his contract and no fee is required, I reckon there will be a club stupid enough to pay him £52m for a season. PSG and Man U both seem that stupid.

He will bring a lot of revenue in too I guess, 

13 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Personally I'd love to see him in the Premier League, would it really be that stupid?

9 minutes ago, Haus said:

He will bring a lot of revenue in too I guess, 

Debatable how much he'll bring. Messi will want to keep hold of most of his image rights so a lot of additional income related to him being at Man U would actually end up in Messi's pocket. 

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

Personally I'd love to see him in the Premier League, would it really be that stupid?

He is such a disruptive force in the dressing room that I can see he unbalancing any team. PSG would potentially be a better move for the club as he'd probably give them enough at a good shot to win the Champions League, but I don't think his impact would deliver that for Man U who are pretty far off that level. 

The stupidity would correlate to the length of the contract, for a season £52m might be worth it - but Messi would likely demand a 4 year deal at least.

12 hours ago, hogesar said:

In terms of delusional fans, they are right up there. Theres tons of examples online, just one below to get started. 😂

Screenshot_20200825-225837_Twitter.jpg

Jesus christ 🤣🤣🤣. This is something else, why do Leeds feel that they are a massive club and that the fat spy is such a great pull for messi 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TheGoogler said:

I of course meant in terms of total spending outlay.