Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

Interesting to note that in the main page interview with Farke re strikers and the friendlies there is no mention of Drmic at all, only Pukki, Idah and Hugill. Indeed he implies Hugill will have to start v Luton as no other options.

i can’t recall if Drmic has played any minutes in friendlies or even if he has travelled to Germany?

anyone have any idea

ps and yes I am hoping this means we are shipping him out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, he isn't part of DF's plans. Mentioned earlier in the month that we would be looking for Leitner, Drmic & Trybull to find new clubs. We will build our strike force around the 3 you've named.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drmic is not with the squad or in the UK. He, along with Trybull and Leitner have been told to not come to training and to focus their efforts in finding a new club. 

While Drmic has a list of teams interested in taking him, finances for everyone are tight and clubs are very wary of making any longterm commitments on players right now. I suspect something will pop up for him (and the others) in the fullness of time but the market is painfully slow right now and everyone is finding it hard to move players on. Hence Norwich getting Hugill and Dowell for such low fees

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Drmic is not with the squad or in the UK. He, along with Trybull and Leitner have been told to not come to training and to focus their efforts in finding a new club. 

While Drmic has a list of teams interested in taking him, finances for everyone are tight and clubs are very wary of making any longterm commitments on players right now. I suspect something will pop up for him (and the others) in the fullness of time but the market is painfully slow right now and everyone is finding it hard to move players on. Hence Norwich getting Hugill and Dowell for such low fees

Are we asking fees for them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Are we asking fees for them?

Guess the club will take what they can get with the market in the state it currently is - some now saying it is much worse than expected. Biggest fee paid so far in 2. Bundesliga - most likely landing for Trybull and Leitner - is £750k and only 3 clubs have spent any money on signings. A loan might be the only option.

Bundesliga starts mid-September and their window closes mid-October so no one is feeling the pressure right yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And people on the transfer rumours thread were saying this window would not be affected by Covid.  How wrong they were.  So far its only NCFC who seem to have decided not to play the waiting game.  Lil ole Norwich indeed.🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Did we pay a fee for them?

 

Drmic was a Free Transfer. We'd need to pay someone to take him unless it's possible to erase all evidence of the Premier League restart.

Edited by Drazen Muzinic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Drmic was a Free Transfer. We'd need to pay someone to take him unless it's possible to erase all evidence of the Premier League restart.

Cheaper to give him a record contract to get him off the football books?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Cheaper to give him a record contract to get him off the football books?

Simon Cowell  was listening  to  Drmics  demo tape when he crashed his electric  bike, apparently he preffered hospitalization  to listening  to any more of it.....and this is the man that gave us james Arthur. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

And people on the transfer rumours thread were saying this window would not be affected by Covid.  How wrong they were.  So far its only NCFC who seem to have decided not to play the waiting game.  Lil ole Norwich indeed.🤔

So is this a good time for Chelsea to be spending £220m? I think the impact of Covid is restricted, somehow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

And people on the transfer rumours thread were saying this window would not be affected by Covid.  How wrong they were.  So far its only NCFC who seem to have decided not to play the waiting game.  Lil ole Norwich indeed.🤔

I think the £2.8m we allegedly paid for Hugill is definitely the post-covid price for a 15 goal Championship striker.

What would they have wanted otherwise, £7m? £8m? That is in line with what Waghorn cost at that age.

Does make you wonder whether we'll see a player leave for significantly less than we expected though to help fund our business, as £15m may be the new £30m at the top end. We've already seen the Jamal Lewis offer for a taster.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Drmic was a Free Transfer. We'd need to pay someone to take him unless it's possible to erase all evidence of the Premier League restart.


Given his contribution after the restart it is staggering that Borussia Monchengladbach once paid circa £9mill for him 😵

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/josip-drmic/profil/spieler/140579

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

So is this a good time for Chelsea to be spending £220m? I think the impact of Covid is restricted, somehow.

Remember that they've had 2 or 3 transfer windows of spending nothing, so average that out.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sgncfc said:

So is this a good time for Chelsea to be spending £220m? I think the impact of Covid is restricted, somehow.

Chelsea have sold £200m worth of players over the last two seasons so are sitting on a pile of cash due to their transfer ban. Chelsea are taking advantage of very few other clubs spending money this summer - the only reason they could get Werner is because Liverpool couldn't afford the deal anymore.

Look at the Premier League as a whole - very few deals have been done, and many that have are just pre agreed transfers being activated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, zema abbey football genius said:

Given his contribution after the restart it is staggering that Borussia Monchengladbach once paid circa £9mill for him 😵

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/josip-drmic/profil/spieler/140579

In the same way that it was difficult to see how the Michael Owen at Stoke (or indeed, at Man Utd) once won the Ballon D'or, injuries wreck players. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Drmic is not with the squad or in the UK. He, along with Trybull and Leitner have been told to not come to training and to focus their efforts in finding a new club. 

That sounds a bit harsh really, to instruct them not to come back for training, particularly in the case of Trybull who whoever limited as a player hasn't ever shown a poor attitude or lack of effort.

Should imagine they were given the option but with a bit of hint dropping, rather than instructed not to return to Colney, as PFA would be most interested in something like that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

That sounds a bit harsh really, to instruct them not to come back for training, particularly in the case of Trybull who whoever limited as a player hasn't ever shown a poor attitude or lack of effort.

Should imagine they were given the option but with a bit of hint dropping, rather than instructed not to return to Colney, as PFA would be most interested in something like that? 

Plenty of clubs tell players to not attend training while they are looking for a move, it is to avoid having a disruptive influence around the place. You only have to look at Leitner and Trybull's social media to know that neither returned from Germany at the beginning of pre-season. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Plenty of clubs tell players to not attend training while they are looking for a move, it is to avoid having a disruptive influence around the place. You only have to look at Leitner and Trybull's social media to know that neither returned from Germany at the beginning of pre-season. 

Well nobody will be surprised if Leitner has been disruptive.

There was a rumour floating around that Trybull's wife wanted a Germany return, so may be why he has been lumped in with those two. 

Haven't they just had a baby? Was due in August I think. If so, no surprise that she wants to be closer to family. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Well nobody will be surprised if Leitner has been disruptive.

There was a rumour floating around that Trybull's wife wanted a Germany return, so may be why he has been lumped in with those two. 

Trybull was in and out of the team last time Norwich were in the Championship and hasn't progressed since.

Guess the club feel that they can do better with someone like Sorenson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its easy to forget they were part of the Championship winners. They just weren't good enough for the EPL, but they weren't the only ones.

Anyone who has played for us deserves a thank you and good luck in the future.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Well nobody will be surprised if Leitner has been disruptive.

There was a rumour floating around that Trybull's wife wanted a Germany return, so may be why he has been lumped in with those two. 

Haven't they just had a baby? Was due in August I think. If so, no surprise that she wants to be closer to family. 

Trying to get away from retired coppers with telephoto lenses. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They used to rent house off fifers lane, empty now perhaps that answers some questions 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Well nobody will be surprised if Leitner has been disruptive.

There was a rumour floating around that Trybull's wife wanted a Germany return, so may be why he has been lumped in with those two. 

Haven't they just had a baby? Was due in August I think. If so, no surprise that she wants to be closer to family. 

I believe that she wanted to go back to have the baby and the family support network, but then pukki's wife did the same to Finland to have their latest (didn't she?) and teemu is still here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Its easy to forget they were part of the Championship winners. They just weren't good enough for the EPL, but they weren't the only ones.

Anyone who has played for us deserves a thank you and good luck in the future.

Tommy and his wife did some good community stuff during lockdown so all the best to him in particular. TT was in and out the team during our Championship year mainly due to injury and was actually a consistent performer at that level.

Leitner is a difficult one as he's a decent player but doesn't get on with Farke. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

I believe that she wanted to go back to have the baby and the family support network, but then pukki's wife did the same to Finland to have their latest (didn't she?) and teemu is still here...

Every family is different and what is good for one family may not suit another. Pukki’s wife is back in Norwich now anyway it seems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hucks6 said:

They used to rent house off fifers lane, empty now perhaps that answers some questions 

Don’t disbelieve you but that seems a strange for them to live, can’t imagine any other players living there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

He is George Weah's cousin and has the same agent as Ali Dia. 

Drmic is weah's cousin? Small world init?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...