3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not like theres a transfer rumour thread you could post this i-

Oh god I've become the forum police lord help me

I thought when a player actually signs thats enough to earn their own thread really...

• Like 8

Well...we wanted him...and we got him. Good timing (as ever) for pre season.

I have to say, I was very much on the fence when I first heard the rumour but I have come round to the idea. The trio of Pukki, Hugill and Idah all have differing styles and qualities as well as a good mix of youth and experience so it looks a decent set of options on paper. Fingers crossed there are enough goals there: if Pukki's drought continues there will be a lot of pressure on Hugill and Idah to perform.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Hucks6 said:

Not yet

Paddy Davitt wouldnt be releasing an exclusive unless he knows.

• Like 1

Essentially getting Hugill and losing Drmic would appear to suit every party here.

In a team that makes chances he can score goals, at least at Champs level. Pukki, Hugill with Idah champing at the bit is a nice set of options for us. 

If he can repeat what he did with Preston and QPR it's a good signing. Looks strong, know's where the goal is and scores with his head. Grant Holt the 2nd

• Like 1

Really like the look of him in the vid. Strong, all action player plus some very exuberant goal celebrations!

29 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Don't know if this has been posted:

Saw that earlier - not a penalty among them and he scores the type of goals I haven’t seen us score since Holt wore the shirt.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I have to say, I was very much on the fence when I first heard the rumour but I have come round to the idea. The trio of Pukki, Hugill and Idah all have differing styles and qualities as well as a good mix of youth and experience so it looks a decent set of options on paper. Fingers crossed there are enough goals there: if Pukki's drought continues there will be a lot of pressure on Hugill and Idah to perform.

Pukki will be fine next season. 20 plus goals easy. 

28 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Saw that earlier - not a penalty among them and he scores the type of goals I haven’t seen us score since Holt wore the shirt.

Indeed, a few headers in there, and a few tidy finishes from snappy wide play, even a set-piece or two. This could end up being a very shrewd signing for this season, a la another recent Jordan. Agree with Ron Obvious above though, some of that defending is shocking. Welcome aboard Mr Hugill! ✔😎💪👍

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

Pukki will be fine next season. 20 plus goals easy. 

I hope you're right - I think we may have witnessed a striker go through an incredible purple patch, which he may - or may not - find again. 

Pukki did seem to lose his mojo towards the end of the season.His strength was always drifting wide of his marker and inviting the through ball into his path and a precise control and finish. Latterly he developed a habit of receiving the ball with his back to the goal. Not his style really.

If this signing is true, great to have options in attack.

8 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

Essentially getting Hugill and losing Drmic would appear to suit every party here.

In a team that makes chances he can score goals, at least at Champs level. Pukki, Hugill with Idah champing at the bit is a nice set of options for us. 

Would make a great front line with a 4 3 3 line up lol

Oh dear, where's the article gone from the pinkun home page?

Edited by lharman7

On the face of it a good signing. What we need to do is give him the service and especially some good crosses. We don't score many headed goals.

Squad coming together nicely. Just Centre Half to strengthen now.

9 minutes ago, lharman7 said:

Oh dear, where's the article gone from the pinkun home page?

It's still there

Edited by Crabbycanary3

Hands up, who else expected some pictures of some village sign called Hugill in some back and beyond town?

Pretty happy with this, I can see the logic and with the options within our means this is probably right up there in terms of a ready to go player. The fact that West Ham did once upon a time sign him, and there was interest from QPR and Forrest shows he is a man fancied for this league and above.