Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

Good squad, good manager.

Looking forward to at least play offs this season.It will be a different approach in the prem when we go up this time. 

If we can play with the same cocky confidence we had last time in the championship and Buendia, Pukki and Cantwell stay I think we could be in for a fun season. Pukki knows where the net is he just needs a supply of chances. I also really like Farke he's honest and genuine and I probably like him more than Mike Walker who was one of our best.

If the lads play to their potential it's going to be a fun ride.

39 minutes ago, mr footy said:

Looking forward to at least play offs this season.It will be a different approach in the prem when we go up this time. 

Really?

There is absolutely no reason to be optimistic 

same weak squad as last season added by a few journey men and untested youngsters 

mid table at best 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

It will be no different at all off the pitch unless we get external investment.

Differs from what Webber and Farke have suggested then, which is that if we were to get promoted again now, we'd be in a much more able financial position. I'm sure the ethos would be the same though.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Really?

Probably depends on what he means by approach. Are we suddenly going to spend loads of money? no we arent. The club would be in a far better position than they were last season though.

We'd automatically have an extra £30m(?) to spend as we wouldn't be paying off a training ground bond. Our younger players will have had another year of experience under their belts and will hopefully be better players meaning we wouldn't actually need as many new players to make a fist of it.

The profile of player we've been signing/approaching this summer says to me that they are learning from mistakes. We're signing physicality and pace, if we get Hugil or a player like him up top we have a definite plan b too, something we've lacked for Farke's entire 3 seasons.

Big test for Farke 

Got us up playing great football

Took us down breaking most poor result records on the way ( not helped by lack of investment and signings )

Which will it be this season ?

Lambert is a great for me , Farke could be but i will wait until end of season if he gets us up Again then better than Lambert for me 

4 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Big test for Farke 

Got us up playing great football

Took us down breaking most poor result records on the way ( not helped by lack of investment and signings )

Which will it be this season ?

Lambert is a great for me , Farke could be but i will wait until end of season if he gets us up Again then better than Lambert for me 

"Lambert is a great for me"

Sure he did work miricles with us, but given he joined the binners takes him out the great range.. Although he did get them relegated so that's a bonus

Nah, Lambert will always be remembered as a "great", also ruthless, ambitious, prepared to threaten to leave us to advance his own ambitious, and then ultimately did leave, and then fail / fall. However you can't argue with those three seasons of fantastic results. 

I know it's a "what if" but what if he'd been allowed to sign Benteke for us and not Villa? 

• Like 1

It's hard to ignore the way Lambert left & what went on in the Carrow in the derby, but those three amazing years can never be taken away and will linger longer in the memory. Good times! If the measure of a management team is comparing the state of the club from when they come in to when they move on, then PL is right up there with our best ever managers.

• Like 1