Sign in to follow this  
Jools

New GB News Channel

15 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

You haven't had Mackie's ice cream, have you? 😉

😀

No I haven't and I've also just remembered Innis & Gunn beer which was very nice too. Bawbag's been knocked down to third already.

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

😀

No I haven't and I've also just remembered Innis & Gunn beer which was very nice too. Bawbag's been knocked down to third already.

Mackie's double-cream vanilla ice cream and Dean's shortbread. If that's not the best combo out of Scotland, I don't know what is.

1 hour ago, Herman said:

It's nonsense. As the guy said on QT it was set up as an anti woke, culture war channel with Neil fully involved. The fact it got bat**** crazy very quickly is no surprise, it was the only way it was going to get its name about. 

One thing that annoyed me last night  on QT is that when he was pressed about whether he felt the channel was far too much to the right (asked a couple of times by Fiona Bruce) he kept saying "that's for everyone to decide for themselves". Yet, when Kate Green, the shadow secretary for Education stated she felt the rule of law should be honoured (in the Begum case), Neil was irritated and suggested perhaps she could have a view! It was okay for him to give a 'political' reply in answer to a direct challenge but not okay for her.

He is a formidable interviewer and sharp as a knife, no doubt about that. Yet, he has a completely annoying way of always having an answer for everything, a smugness that borders on arrogance. No-one, you sense, can ever tell him anything.

I reckon he has thought about his longer term reputation and decided to cut his losses and get out quick. You only need to see the roster of people who have been prepared to go on the channel to see its direction of travel.

This country appears to be moving towards the USA in every area of life...language and media  influences, populism, a kind of individualism and capitalist greed ...and so on. I guess it depends on your stance.........GB News feels a bit of an anachronism. It's not a representation of the (so-called?) GB in which I grew up with a rough sense of belonging. It is where Brexit comes in yet again. Grrrrrr

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, sonyc said:

One thing that annoyed me last night  on QT is that when he was pressed about whether he felt the channel was far too much to the right (asked a couple of times by Fiona Bruce) he kept saying "that's for everyone to decide for themselves". Yet, when Kate Green, the shadow secretary for Education stated she felt the rule of law should be honoured (in the Begum case), Neil was irritated and suggested perhaps she could have a view! It was okay for him to give a 'political' reply in answer to a direct challenge but not okay for her.

He is a formidable interviewer and sharp as a knife, no doubt about that. Yet, he has a completely annoying way of always having an answer for everything, a smugness that borders on arrogance. No-one, you sense, can ever tell him anything.

I reckon he has thought about his longer term reputation and decided to cut his losses and get out quick. You only need to see the roster of people who have been prepared to go on the channel to see its direction of travel.

This country appears to be moving towards the USA in every area of life...language and media  influences, populism, a kind of individualism and capitalist greed ...and so on. I guess it depends on your stance.........GB News feels a bit of an anachronism. It's not a representation of the (so-called?) GB in which I grew up with a rough sense of belonging. It is where Brexit comes in yet again. Grrrrrr

He’s happy to put others under the spotlight but not so keen when it’s turned on him

Can't disagree with any of that Sonyc.👍

As Surfer has pointed the right wing of this country has very quickly become like the Republicans in the US. Lies, dishonesty, extreme greed and just general horrible people and it's being done to hide what an awful mess they have made of the country. This country is a great place but if these people, with help from media like GB News, Mail, Telegraph etc carry on this way there won't be much left worth fighting for.

On 20/07/2021 at 00:39, Bill said:

so none of this is the truth

"to have been a senior manager at BMW, to have made thousands in one day on the stock market, to have raised money (alone) for a memorial to a crashed WW2 pilot

and the girlfriend which turned out to be an instagram photo"

I think there are others on here who remember the numerous lies you have posted about the above

As you got me band for 2 months, i thought I'd put the record straight.

I was a manager at BMW  NOT SENIOR !  You made that up.

I did not say I made thousands in a day, just a profit  = another lie 

I did raise money for the Canadian pilot, I did note mention I dId  it all alone =  Another thing you posted whilst I could not reply.

I've explained it time and time again how I posted a photo of Pearl when it was not her,  but you seem to forget that all the time.

PS. you have not logged in whilst I was away, is it because you were only on here the annoy me ? 

38 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I've explained it time and time again how I posted a photo of Pearl when it was not her,  but you seem to forget that all the time.

Explain again because this sounds so wonderfully pathetic and I could do with a laugh. It might even be better than Bill's iFollow faux pas.

23 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

You get yourself banned by what you post.

I wrote his name after he tried to email me saying he was a moderator from the Pink'Un 

14 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I wrote his name after he tried to email me saying he was a moderator from the Pink'Un 

So you got banned for something you posted.

It's like these people who blame the speed camera when they get caught speeding.

5 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

So you got banned for something you posted.

It's like these people who blame the speed camera when they get caught speeding.

no it's not

5 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

did you know that you can't name someone on here ? I'm not worried about it, would you be ? 

Now you are admitting that you got yourself banned. You signed up to the rules. Ignorance is no defence. You should take responsibility for your actions, stop blaming everyone else when you know and have admitted it was you.

My name is Martin James, stop trying to wind me up !

tell me the rules of this forum as I'm a little confused how come he can call me names yet I can't name him?

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

You get yourself banned by what you post.

These days you get banned for saying you're a Swindo. These days.

32 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

tell me the rules of this forum as I'm a little confused how come he can call me names yet I can't name him?

When you registered you agreed to abide by the rules, if you break the rules you agreed to abide by then you will suffer the consequences. If you don't like the rules you can find another forum that has rules you like, start your own forum or just don't post on here. It's that simple.

If you need a refresher you can ask Peter Raven, I'm sure he would help you as he's a moderator.

• Haha 1

Is this like the time Swindon posted stock photographs and pretended the model was his girlfriend?

That was excellent

10 minutes ago, kirku said:

Is this like the time Swindon posted stock photographs and pretended the model was his girlfriend?

That was excellent

I've explained that a number of times, but all you remainers tend to forget it!

34 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Yes and it's getting more rating than all other news channels 

Perhaps you would like to comment on the following Express article posted today. Seems your grasp of the facts remains as completely dodgy as it always was:

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1497879/GB-News-ratings-60-percent-Andrew-Neil-quit

GB News ratings plummet by 60 percent as Andrew Neil brands channel 'disaster'

GB NEWS more than half of its previous viewers since launching in June falling short of its aim to attract more viewers than Sky News and BBC.

15:03, Tue, Sep 28, 2021 | UPDATED: 15:03, Tue, Sep 28, 2021
GB News was spearheaded by Andrew Neil, who wanted to provide a platform for all kinds of views. It was launched in the summer but has had a hard time competing with rival channels. According to Broadcast now, GB News reeled in an average of 20,000 viewers last week, down from 157,000 on its first air day. Andrew, 72, has now left this involvement with the new channel despite being its founder and the prominent chair during the first few months.
Ratings of rivals broadcasters BBC and Sky News strongly overshadow GB News' falling statistics.
Sky attracted an average viewership of 57,000 during the same time period, while BBC obtained an audience of 103,000.
Edited by horsefly

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

No! You're a LOT confused if you don't understand the difference (and potential serious implications) of revealing someone's actual name in contrast to someone calling you names.

55 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Is GB News still going ?

Well, it's still going, but only in the sense of the expression "Going, going, gone!"

23 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Yes and it's getting more rating than all other news channels 

You've just had a couple of months away, you could've used that time to learn how to verify information so that you wouldn't reply with things that are not true.

• Like 1