Sign in to follow this  
Jools

New GB News Channel

Watched 20 mins just now to give it a chance. Desperately poor! Crappy jumble-sale set, crappy presenters, crappy guests. Summed up for me by interviewing a guy from the Falkland Islands to mark 39 year aniversary since the war; he moved there 35 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bit saddened that Neil Oliver is a bit of a berk. Nevermind, let's hope it dies like brillo's wig. 

5 minutes ago, Herman said:

Bit saddened that Neil Oliver is a bit of a berk. Nevermind, let's hope it dies like brillo's wig. 

If it's like Brillo's wig it will hang on for dear life despite all the odds

8 minutes ago, kirku said:

What's this brillo thing all about?

It's the nickname he was given by Private Eye due to his hair/wig looking like it has the texture of a Brillo Pad. A Brillo Pad is a cleaning item made from wire wool. Wire wool does not come from sheep.

• Haha 1

On 30/05/2021 at 17:47, Van wink said:

Shall be inquisitive to see what it’s like. I see a lot of dissin of Andrew Neil in this thread, I thought he was one of the best political journalists on the BBC when he was there. Keeping an open mind and shall watch with interest.

Was is the key word there @Van wink, it has been years since he had any credibility. His unprofessionalism dealing with Owen Jones effectively ended his career as a front line journalist.

Edited by BigFish
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Was is the key word there @Van wink, it has been years since he had any credibility. His unprofessionalism dealing with Owen Jones effectively ended his career as a front line journalist.

Don’t know the history to that but Owen Jones is a bit of a tool isn’t he.

53 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Don’t know the history to that but Owen Jones is a bit of a tool isn’t he.

Maybe, but successfully ended Neill's career at the BBC

16 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Maybe, but successfully ended Neill's career at the BBC

Quite possibly, no idea. Last time I saw Jones he seemed to be rather self consciously trying to distancing himself from Corbyn, a most unseemly and embarrassing spectacle.

On 14/06/2021 at 12:21, horsefly said:

Watched 20 mins just now to give it a chance. Desperately poor! Crappy jumble-sale set, crappy presenters, crappy guests. Summed up for me by interviewing a guy from the Falkland Islands to mark 39 year aniversary since the war; he moved there 35 years ago.

Is Brillo fronting it from his home in France or did he make a special effort and return to GB for the launch?

Just asking for a friend.....😀

3 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Is Brillo fronting it from his home in France or did he make a special effort and return to GB for the launch?

Just asking for a friend.....😀

Tell your friend I haven't a clue as i couldn't get beyond the 20 minutes of agony I forced myself to suffer. He certainly didn't appear in that god awful spell and I would be amazed if he bothered to turn up for that ragout of rubbish. It made Loose Women look like the Brains Trust.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Daz Sparks said:

I'll have a couple of pineapple rings with that please waiter.

image.png.e20f4fa473bd6f9c91007d725ad01748.png

And don't skimp on the cherries

I'm dipping in and out of it while reminding myself I never watch any other news channel other than the BBC and finding it all a bit weird. Got put off when they were talking about having to pay more for fruit pickers due a staff storage and the woman started slagging off the type of British people who would do fruit picking.

Will check out again, but I could always watch Russia Today or Al-that-jazz

We should really starve it oxygen. (Like Brillo's wig.) But is there any news or is it simply GB Opinion?

3 hours ago, Herman said:

We should really starve it oxygen. (Like Brillo's wig.) But is there any news or is it simply GB Opinion?

Yes that is my view- same as with morons like Laurence Fox or Katie Hopkins. The more left wing people retweet and share clips, even to disagree or 'dunk' on them the more coverage it gets, the bigger it becomes. 

If it wasn't for left leaning journalists and others tweeting about it I wouldn't have seen any of it. Yet due to that I'm now aware of various presenters I didn't know before. Its stupid. 

• Like 1

Ultimately, this is the free market in action. A channel provides unedifying and dubious content and sponsors decide to move away from it in response. Same as with BK8 and us. Other sponsors raised their concerns, our Board took action.

Focus should be on those who want to boil this down to a culture war. They're the problem.

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Ultimately, this is the free market in action. A channel provides unedifying and dubious content and sponsors decide to move away from it in response. Same as with BK8 and us. Other sponsors raised their concerns, our Board took action.

Focus should be on those who want to boil this down to a culture war. They're the problem.

Yep! the "woke" RWNJs are desperate to cancel the right of companies like Ikea to express their freedom. Just like the RWNJ "woke" football fans want to cancel the right of footballers to express their freedom of thought by taking the knee. Such a bunch of "snowflakes" on the far right.

Football fans are expressing their views and people are fed up with leftist inspired cancel culture. The pile on against GB News channel comes as no surprise

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

Football fans are expressing their views and people are fed up with leftist inspired cancel culture. The pile on against GB News channel comes as no surprise

How dumb to complain about so-called "cancel culture" by supporting a right wing mob who want to cancel the right of footballers to express their opinion with a few seconds of protest.

Simon was very rude to my friend Hugh Jass. He's thinking of complaining to Ofcom about his treatment.

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Can't see this working, a plea for only sensible messages to be sent to Gammon News. 😀

As they protest that the abuse of twitter messaging is hampering their attempt to do serious news, a jaunty jingle is prematurely played over their talk. That sums up the production values of this car-crash of a channel. 

On 22/08/2020 at 15:59, Jools said:

An impartial UK news channel --- About time 👍

21414c90-8f1a-445b-989f-74a955755b28-678

Not had a chance to watch this yet, but...

If it is an impartial UK news channel, why is it called GB news?

Does it cover Northern Irish news?