Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Free streams for ST

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yeah this is my thinking.

Right now I pay £30 a month or so for Sky Sports. On an average weekend I have access to 4 live Premier League/Championship games, so for that £30 I'm getting about 16 games to watch. Paying £40 for 4 games in a month, even if they are Norwich games, doesn't feel like brilliant value.

On the flip side, lack of ticket revenue is going to hurt the club and if this helps then so be it. While I get people not wanting to pay it, I think dodgy streams/vpns that will deny the club much needed income isn't the right thing to do.

Ifollow have also invested quite a bit into protecting themselves from the VPN scenario too - building a database of known VPN servers and not allowing access through them. I imagine plenty of people will be able to start using then find their VPN provider has been blocked and will then be paying for something they can't access.

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Its actually more unlikely than usual that there will be illegal free streams for this.

disagree here. Since every game was available on ifollow after project restart, there were streams for every championship game. I watched several of the promotion run in games. Thats a pretty recent precedent for them being available

23 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Ifollow have also invested quite a bit into protecting themselves from the VPN scenario too - building a database of known VPN servers and not allowing access through them. I imagine plenty of people will be able to start using then find their VPN provider has been blocked and will then be paying for something they can't access.

That's the way that BBC, Netflix, etc. All do it, however the best paid for vpn devices also spend a fair bit of time/money cycling ip addresses to get around this blacklisting. It's a constant game of whack a mole and the content providers are by nature playing catch up...

14 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

That's the way that BBC, Netflix, etc. All do it, however the best paid for vpn devices also spend a fair bit of time/money cycling ip addresses to get around this blacklisting. It's a constant game of whack a mole and the content providers are by nature playing catch up...

Yeah of course, but at least it adds some 'risk' for those circumventing that they might not be able to access what they're paying for if their VPN provider does get caught out and is slow to sort themselves out.

37 minutes ago, kick it off said:

disagree here. Since every game was available on ifollow after project restart, there were streams for every championship game. I watched several of the promotion run in games. Thats a pretty recent precedent for them being available

Yes, I did notice that. I also note that quite a significant amount of them were actually taken down 'during' streams. I'm not sure how many in total there were. A load of the IPTV guys who host have also been taken down by local law enforcement too - it'll be interesting to see how things go this coming season.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Yeah of course, but at least it adds some 'risk' for those circumventing that they might not be able to access what they're paying for if their VPN provider does get caught out and is slow to sort themselves out.

Yes, I did notice that. I also note that quite a significant amount of them were actually taken down 'during' streams. I'm not sure how many in total there were. A load of the IPTV guys who host have also been taken down by local law enforcement too - it'll be interesting to see how things go this coming season.

Fair enough, none of the ones I was watching got taken down but might just be coincidence

5 hours ago, hogesar said:

The tech moves faster than they can keep up with. Using the cloud I could spin up a server anywhere in the world with a new zip address in about 5 mins and route my browser through it. They may be able to target some providers but they’ll always be a way around.

31 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

The tech moves faster than they can keep up with. Using the cloud I could spin up a server anywhere in the world with a new zip address in about 5 mins and route my browser through it. They may be able to target some providers but they’ll always be a way around.

Yeah, of course you could. And of course, you can't expect a service like iFollow to keep up when Netflix etc struggle. But to be fair, they know that. The point is to make it 'less easy' and more frustrating. Targetting providers and regularly updating a blacklist means people have to spend that extra '5 mins' you refer to - and it puts people off. 

There was a big fallout when the big IPTV servers got taken over by local law enforcement and it took them a while to re-route everything - a few days where big matches were missed - people signed up to sky just not to miss out etc. 

Late to this thread, so what’s happening to us season ticket holders next season. Do we get a rebate, on line coverage and a smaller rebate, no rebate, or brown sauce?

On 22/08/2020 at 12:27, CANARYKING said:

Daily Mail are reporting an agreement with Sky and EFL for free streams for ST holders and £10 per game for casuals

Or for absolutely nothing if you know where to look.

If it's televised there will be a free stream.

100% guaranteed.