Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Free streams for ST

Daily Mail are reporting an agreement with Sky and EFL for free streams for ST holders and £10 per game for casuals

Seems fair enough - I’m sure the ‘Casuals’ will be able to find their own free streams should they choose.  Tbh I’m not too sure whether to bother coming for matches until it is relatively back to normal, I’m not sure that travelling for 3+ hours each way to sit miles from anyone in a quarter-empty sanitised stadium is really what I think of as ‘fun’.  But I daresay when push comes to shove I’ll put my name in the hat with everyone else!

Edited by Branston Pickle

14 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Daily Mail are reporting an agreement with Sky and EFL for free streams for ST holders and £10 per game for casuals

For £10 a week, I’d happily pay

Do i want to watch it on a stream.....no not really. Do i want to go to a quarter full Carrow Road sitting with empty seats around me.....not fussed so probably why i have booked a couple of holidays before Christmas without even consulting the fixture list.

Yeah, I have to say I'm not that fussed about attending matches with the reduced capacities if I can watch for free. Things are really tight financially at the moment, so the opportunity to save money on our season tickets without losing them permanently is quite attractive - especially when I know I'll be able to watch all the matches live, and probably with friends and family who I wouldn't be able to watch with in the stadium.

15 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

For £10 a week, I’d happily pay

2 games a week, it'll be 70 or 80 quid a month. Rip off.

Il get a vpn and buy a foreign season pass for 100 quid ish for the season

19 minutes ago, kick it off said:

There's always one just desperate to be offended...

Its a tenner. That is not a bad deal if you want to watch a game.

Take it or leave it, but nobody has a gun to your head.

Edited by South Sider

18 minutes ago, kick it off said:

It’s handy for someone who has to make 340 mile round trips to games!

13 minutes ago, South Sider said:

Calm down, snowflake

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, kirku said:

Calm down, snowflake

I think the guy losing it at being charged a tenner a game is the snowflake. You know, the one who is dying to be offended - the very modern definition of a snowflake.

Not sure you have judged the situation correctly.

9 minutes ago, South Sider said:

I think the guy losing it at being charged a tenner a game is the snowflake. You know, the one who is dying to be offended - the very modern definition of a snowflake.

Facts don't care about your feelings

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So these £10 a squirt streams, will they be of better quality than the freebies? Quality streams rely on someone to broadcast the game on TV, why not just let the ST holder/paying fan watch the TV broadcast? I watch streams all the while, quality is variable to say the least, so not sure I would want to pay.

£10 a game is a bit steep- wonder if they might offer some kind of stream season ticket- £400 for the whole of maybe?

2 hours ago, South Sider said:

Making one post on a forum = losing it.

Right.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, South Sider said:

I'm not offended, just pointing out that 80 quid a month is quite a chunk of money for something you can get for 100 quid for the entire season if you have a VPN and use the same company.

As I said, I'll take it, at the vastly reduced price.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, South Sider said:

Losing it?! Because I said it was a rip off. No swearing, no flying off the handle, no elongated rant, just that it was a rip off when I can get the exact same service for 20% of the price with a VPN.

You're accusing me of getting "offended" easily, yet you're crying about my entirely innocuous post. I think there is definitely a snowflake round here but it ain't me.

Get a grip, you utter weirdo!

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Losing it?! Because I said it was a rip off. No swearing, no flying off the handle, no elongated rant, just that it was a rip off when I can get the exact same service for 20% of the price with a VPN.

You're accusing me of getting "offended" easily, yet you're crying about my entirely innocuous post. I think there is definitely a snowflake round here but it ain't me.

Get a grip, you utter weirdo!

You can get them a lot cheaper on iptv packages

2 hours ago, king canary said:

£10 a game is a bit steep- wonder if they might offer some kind of stream season ticket- £400 for the whole of maybe?

Think a TV season ticket sounds a good idea but £400 would be a bit steep .

It would only cost £460 on a pay-as-you-go basis ( although there'd be at least two cup games too )

the choice is by paying you can guarantee what you are getting - and that you will always get that

whether through a UK fee, or via a VPN

The games will be free on 'naughty' streaming, but you take your chance without any guarantee (as above)

Whether you watch or not will be down to whether you are interested in the game, or the 'experience'

On 22/08/2020 at 18:20, Bill said:

the choice is by paying you can guarantee what you are getting - and that you will always get that

whether through a UK fee, or via a VPN

The games will be free on 'naughty' streaming, but you take your chance without any guarantee (as above)

Whether you watch or not will be down to whether you are interested in the game, or the 'experience'

Its actually more unlikely than usual that there will be illegal free streams for this.

The dodgy stream providers have struggled with iFollows protection in the past, and most never really bothered with the effort involved because the numbers interested in watching are so much lower than the prem.

With iFollow apparently having further improved their security and protection - and if season ticket holders are going to be given free access- the numbers won't make sense for any of the dodgy sites to bother with it.

• Thanks 1

As a point of comparison, £10 a game is more than NowTV charges for an EPL game. That does sound a bit steep to watch the likes of Luton, Wycombe etc. Additionally, if I then wanted to watch all the home games, it would cost me £230 total. That’s a lot less than the price of a season ticket, sure, but still strikes me as quite pricey to watch a stream every 10 days or so rather than being in the ground, watching it live and feeling the atmosphere etc. If they do some kind of season pass It might be better value, and personally I don’t have the time to watch every game anyway so picking to watch a game “on the day” suits me fine.

There should be a plastic tariff to help the club raise badly needed revenue 

the less home and away games you do the higher the cost of a plastic pass

seems the most equitable way of doing it

53 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

There should be a plastic tariff to help the club raise badly needed revenue 

the less home and away games you do the higher the cost of a plastic pass

seems the most equitable way of doing it

Is it true you are being considered as next Chancellor of the exchequer, with such intelligent fiscal policies, the country will be in tatters within 5 years. Go Freddo.

What’s not to like about this ?

Able to see every game free and a bonus for supporters who have a long journey to get to the ground only to have to watch it in a pretty sterile atmosphere. You can’t normally beat being there but however it’s dressed up watching football live this season is likely to be a very weird experience.

To reward their loyalty I hope they will  include Members in the scheme which would be nice.

I don't mind the club utilising my £837.00 paid upfront Season Ticket for me to witness a glittering and exciting 2020/21 season of live behind closed doors quality streams.....What's not to like?.....Well worth £40.00+ a stream. Anyway, I'd only waste that ST money on jazz mags, sweets and panda pops.....Oh, and luvverly lap dancing divas.....

Alternatively.....I could be an entrepreneur, demand a rebate of my ST money, go onto the auto-trader website 'commercial vehicles section' and hopefully purchase an old or well used but functional and roadworthy 'cherry picker'....Then on matchdays and when we're at home, park up at the ground between the Barclay and that Premier illustrious Hotel and watch our games live.....I'll maybe charge a tidy sum for two other troo loyal fans to accompany me in the platform cage for that ultimate live viewing experience?.....Unfortunately due to size of the cage and social distancing and SWL and NWL  weight restrictions, our jolly chubsters, portly pink 'un posters and pleasantly plump and big-boned Canary fans sadly can't be considered for this uplifting experience.....Although, if you're one of Norfolk's canary supporting resident stick insects, you're more than welcome......I'm also considering taking the cherry picker to some away fixtures if their local authorities give me licence to extend outside their stadia?....But away passengers/supporters travelling in the cab must not smell of rotting cabbage, stale wee wee or bring their sugar beet sarnies to consume on the journey.....

image.jpeg.d6cc37c8e2fdc94b716d62867fbb1034.jpeg  'It's as good as it gets'......

2 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

As a point of comparison, £10 a game is more than NowTV charges for an EPL game. That does sound a bit steep to watch the likes of Luton, Wycombe etc. Additionally, if I then wanted to watch all the home games, it would cost me £230 total. That’s a lot less than the price of a season ticket, sure, but still strikes me as quite pricey to watch a stream every 10 days or so rather than being in the ground, watching it live and feeling the atmosphere etc. If they do some kind of season pass It might be better value, and personally I don’t have the time to watch every game anyway so picking to watch a game “on the day” suits me fine.

Yeah this is my thinking.

Right now I pay £30 a month or so for Sky Sports. On an average weekend I have access to 4 live Premier League/Championship games, so for that £30 I'm getting about 16 games to watch. Paying £40 for 4 games in a month, even if they are Norwich games, doesn't feel like brilliant value.

On the flip side, lack of ticket revenue is going to hurt the club and if this helps then so be it. While I get people not wanting to pay it, I think dodgy streams/vpns that will deny the club much needed income isn't the right thing to do.

• Like 2