Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

MK Dons preseason- OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Think you will find the real Wimbledon are AFC

The point was that Dean Lewington played for Wimbledon before AFC had a need to exist.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Think you will find the real Wimbledon are AFC

Like it or not MK Dons are the development of the old Wimbledon, AFC Wimbledon are the new club.

I had a walk round the stadium pre Oxford game a few seasons ago, very nice ground, sort of place we should have built if we had the funds, far too good for a third division side.

6 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Now if only we got to see our new boys play..

Seriously though if we are unable to beat a bunch of tralists and 37 year olds with this team we are in trouble

You'd like to think that 11 will turn them over but it's only a friendly so there are few conclusions to be had

6 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

None of the 'crown jewels' playing, so they are all being sold obviously. 

Interesting to see Sinani starting as a striker.

..think we'll know more when we see who is/isnt on the plane to Germany..

2 minutes ago, kirku said:

You'd like to think that 11 will turn them over but it's only a friendly so there are few conclusions to be had

Like I said- MK are playing a bunch of rotation old men and literal 16 year old non professional tralists.

Much as I wouldent put too much stock into a loss if we do lose to them it would be rather embarrassing 

6 new signings starting. Interesting! Surprised to see Krul involved. Sinani up top is intriguing too. I wonder if it's to be played in thirds or quarters? And if a completely different 11 will finish the game? 

Does seem to have come around quickly! 

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Like I said- MK are playing a bunch of rotation old men and literal 16 year old non professional tralists.

Much as I wouldent put too much stock into a loss if we do lose to them it would be rather embarrassing 

Why do you feel it necessary to make the same point three times in such quick succession? It's almost like you want them to get stuffed. 

1 minute ago, paddycanary said:

Why do you feel it necessary to make the same point three times in such quick succession? It's almost like you want them to get stuffed. 

Have a close friend who was a lifetime fan of Wimbledon. MK stole his club.

Would be nice to see them get stuffed.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Interesting to see Sinani starting as a striker.

For what it's worth, Paddy Davitt has been fairly adamant in his Monday debates that the working plan is to use Sinani as a striker long-term.

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's a friendly. It means nothing.

• Like 1

Based on the youtube clips I had a feeling we'd be seeing Sinani used as a striker. Obviously in a much lower tier of football but you could see he has those instincts.

14 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Based on the youtube clips I had a feeling we'd be seeing Sinani used as a striker. Obviously in a much lower tier of football but you could see he has those instincts.

Already got an assit for us!