Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

New Season, new fixture list...

30 minutes ago, kick it off said:

If we're allowed, I will be at all of those - I really want to go to Wycombe to see Akinfenwa in the flesh before he retires!

You can probably see him from where you are if you look hard enough.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

For a Exile Suvverner this is absolute 💩....

Bournemouth 26th September (doubt you'll be allowed in).

Brentfords new stadium 24th October (Tuesday Night)

Reading 16th Dec (Weds Night)

Millwall 16th Jan 🤮

QPR 24th April

Isthmian League calling LOL!

I'm really going to miss Griffin Park- such a great away trip.

Yep, Huddersfield away was my guess in the other thread, so predictable. For first, final, boxing day and cup fixtures it feels like we have a 90% chance of being drawn away, I refuse to believe this is done randomly.

People on here have been talking about all the grounds they may be able to visit but it seems highly unlikely that clubs will be admitting any away fans at all this season, certainly not until there's full capacity again.

You look after your own fans first.

Sorry to rain on the party .....🙂

• Like 1

Just out of interest, what is the problem with being away for the opening game, Boxing Day and the final day?

I can maybe understand that Boxing Day is a popular game during the festive period, but we're at home on the 29th and the 2nd of January, so that balances out.

I can understand that the last game is often important, but it's only Barnsley.

We play every team twice; once at home and once away. Does it really matter when?

28 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'm really going to miss Griffin Park- such a great away trip.

Isthmian League teams had better facilities than the away $h*thole at GP 🙃

So, what do we know about Huddersfield?

Managed to stay up last season but the Cowley brothers left as soon as they were safe.

Have appointed a new manager who was Bielsa's asst. at Leeds.

Pre-season they play

Southport 22/8

Fleetwood 26/8 @ 16:00

Bradford 26/8 @ 18:00

then

Cup Rochdale 05/11.

Bearing in mind the Bielsa connection I expect someone to be scouting out a leafy hiding place to get some info on them under the new boss. 😀

3 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

People on here have been talking about all the grounds they may be able to visit but it seems highly unlikely that clubs will be admitting any away fans at all this season, certainly not until there's full capacity again.

Who said anything about being an away fan ?? I had to endure the Mugglesboro end at Wembley - until they all left at half time 😂

• Like 1

How long is it normally before TV schedules start getting worked out for this ? 

6 minutes ago, Haus said:

How long is it normally before TV schedules start getting worked out for this ? 

After Holly Hamilton's comments this morning, I'd suggest the BBC are endorsing the use of "Illegal Streaming" as they won't be able to show any live football this season.

51 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Commonsense really.   Less travelling equals less potential to spread the virus.

3 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Playing Watford, Bournemouth and Derby in the last five fixtures. That could be some real top to the table clashes around that time if all those teams (and Norwich) live up to pre-season expectations. 

It's good that two of them are at home though and I've noticed we get a good number of difficult away games out the way early.  Bournemouth, Brentford, Bristol, Middlesbrough, Stoke all in the first 3 months then Watford away on boxing day. The rest of our festive fixtures are at home. End of the fixtures are a bit more difficult, but the business end of the season always is if you're going for promotion.

So all in all good fixtures I think.

Edited by KiwiScot

3 hours ago, king canary said:

Also, has anyone else found this totally snuck up on them? In my head the new season was still 6-8 weeks away and then suddenly I realised it's the end of August and we're less than a month from this new season.

It's so weird, I haven't finished watching last season yet as I'm watching all the Champions league and Europa League matches! 

I've also got the Tour De France and rest of the cycling season to fit in as well. Can't remember when the last TDF overlapped the footy season!

In terms of the fixture list I think the only thing certain is the order in which the matches will be played. I wouldn't get too hung up on the dates and days as they are only provisional for anything other than the first few weeks.

I see Huddersfield have had to call off a pre-season friendly tonight due to Covid issues.  Surely good news for us?

• Like 1