Sign in to follow this  
Sideshow Tim

Struggling to get excited

I’m really struggling to have any kind excitement for the upcoming new season. I’m almost uninterested.

Whether it’s the hangover of the pathetic end to last season or the fact that we cannot return to Carrow Road any time soon I’m not sure. I’m not even bothered about tomorrow’s fixture list release and that’s usually a preseason highlight for me. 

is anybody else feeling the same way? 

• Like 1

I thought I'd lack excitement because not being able to go to football kind of misses the point for me. But having made a host of signings I'm now excited to see them play for us, and I can't wait for the season to start...

Probably not quite as excited as I'd be if I knew I was going to FCR any time soon, but I'm really positive about the squad we've built here. We've been ridiculously proactive in identifying and capturing our targets, before even a single player has been sold. Webber/Farke clearly had a plan for what they wanted to change and how, and have executed it impressively.

• Like 2

Yes It's a fresh start with some new faces, we'll see whether the clubs lack of ambition last season continues to bite Mr Webber on the **** I just hope we don't do a Leeds and spend the next 16 years trying

10 hours ago, Sideshow Tim said:

I’m really struggling to have any kind excitement for the upcoming new season. I’m almost uninterested.

Whether it’s the hangover of the pathetic end to last season or the fact that we cannot return to Carrow Road any time soon I’m not sure. I’m not even bothered about tomorrow’s fixture list release and that’s usually a preseason highlight for me. 

100%. Hated the restart . Hated Football being so sterile and soulless . Hated relegation and the fact that we will now lose the cohort of young players I so enjoyed watching in the Champs. 

Golf is the future. 

• Haha 1

Very much looking forward to it. Absolutely no excuses this season and it will be very interesting how the club deals with the expectation.

It will be a very different season in terms of watching games. I'm getting used to watching on TV and player's have embraced, and seem to enjoy, playing BCD.

I'm sure that once the games kick off you'll get dragged back into the drama/ talking points pretty quickly.

One nagging black cloud for me is ... in the best case scenario we'll win the league title but will we be THAT much better in the Premier League following promotion? Yes, there are more signings to come in the windows ahead BUT will we ever be recruiting good enough players to give us a fighting chance (especially with the style of football that Farke / Webber favour)?

On a separate note ... I'm also a huge ice hockey fan and I'm neck deep in following the Playoffs right now. The difference in the vibrancy, intensity and brilliance of the two sports in empty arenas since the restart is HUGE. I wonder if that is due to the manner of the sports or that football's electricity really comes from the crowd atmosphere more than the sportsmen (although the roar of an ice hockey crowd is pretty awesome)???

Edited by Cantiaci Canary

I'm looking forward to it starting for sure. It's football and I love watching us play. I mean... I didn't much enjoy watching us play at the end of last season but, even with that display after the restart, I was still buzzing with anticipation of the game. 

So, yes, with the new signings and the possibility of getting into stadiums around the corner, I am excited to see what lays ahead. Regardless of how odd things have and will be in the forthcoming months. 

13 hours ago, Sideshow Tim said:

Yes, I know your feeling.

I dont know the new players Will be funn to see them.

But we have to sell players, so hard to geth exited when 50% of the starting 11 can be gone to the next game. Its a long time to deadlineday.

15 hours ago, Sideshow Tim said:

Yes I am, but in my case it is entirely because the season will start in the same farcical and artificial way as last season finished.

The fact that we lost a string of games at the end of last season is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned because they weren't real football matches - they were a TV charade, or second rate TV reality show if you prefer. They should never have happened and I've got no interest in watching a new series.

I've loved football all my life and this is the first time ever I've not been excited/interested/expectant at the start of the season because even in the years when there is great reason to hope for a lot you can't help feeling some excitement at the start of a fresh season. This season, in normal circumstances, I would be really be looking forward to because Championship football is far more exciting (IMO) than Premiership and this year we have a very real chance of doing well, which makes it even better.

But at the moment, I've no interest at all.

I'm very pessimistic about the new season for the first time. 

The game has been ruined by covid and shouldn't start again before all the fans are allowed back. 

We have adjusted very badly to the new format, it's dangerous to think next season is going to be much better. 

1 minute ago, curious yellow said:

I'm very pessimistic about the new season for the first time. 

The game has been ruined by covid and shouldn't start again before all the fans are allowed back. 

We have adjusted very badly to the new format, it's dangerous to think next season is going to be much better. 

Football and life in general may not be able to wait that long. I find not following the news daily, not being struck down by fear and trying to have some degree of normality works quite well. 

My new shirt arrived in the post on Tuesday and now that the fixtures are out I've allowed myself to get a bit excited. Let's hope the results are worth keeping that excitement going!

Normally this year i am busy writing down the dates of fixtures in my diary and looking forward to seeing the live action and players that i have not seen before. It is self evident that this season was always going to be different and will continue to be until we can sit down and watch all the games we want to and take in that match day atmosphere, in particular for me evening games. I also take note of cup games to see if there is a club i have not seen before, the same goes with friendlies. I am interested and in particular with comings and goings. I want us to do well but for all of us short term and many of us for a more protracted period it is going to be a more virtual experience which is a million miles from what we are used to and want, but it cannot be helped and we need to make the best of it, i will get my turn to go back in due course but probably some of the younger and fitter fans ahead of me

Struggling to get excited....... 

Thats a very brave thing for a man to declare on a public forum and hats off to you for bringing this, one of the most tricky problems for men, into the public domain for discussion. Though of course, I for one, have no idea what you are talking about. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Struggling to get excited....... 

Thats a very brave thing for a man to declare on a public forum and hats off to you for bringing this, one of the most tricky problems for men, into the public domain for discussion. Though of course, I for one, have no idea what you are talking about. 

Debbie does Dallas should sort it