Sign in to follow this  
grababackpackcanary

First Pre-season friendly announced...

Aug 29th was a date touted for a possible rearrangement of League Cup games on Sept 5th if they were called off due to international call ups?.....looks like we're going to Luton with no internationals then??!

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

MK Dons have just announced a friendly with Norwich this Friday.

Reflexively thought 'oh good that isn't far from me, might go.' Disappointment. 

Same with Luton cup draw.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Also one against Paderborn on 29 August has also been announced on their Twitter. Looks like the German camp will go ahead as normal.

Darmstadt.

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yes, same here. Just hope Luton and Wycombe away games are later in the season when hopefully fans will be allowed back!

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Four friendlies? Should be enough for all our players to get a match each, just about.

One curiosity is that the League Cup game won't be moved. I can't say I'm too bothered that we'll put the reserves out.

Guessing the League Cup game will basically be a 5th friendly

32 minutes ago, king canary said:

The less money MK make the better, only decent thing about them is Russel Martin.

Other than that would not be fussed if their club folded.

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

I wonder if they will stream any of these games.

If I remember  rightly  Jimbo, they  were streamed last German  camp through the  German  Teams websites   , think I had to join  but was simple and free.

....so if this means we are playing Luton on Sept 5th in the League Cup, during an international window, we may well do without any goalkeepers (Krul,Netherlands..McGovern,N.I)...or strikers (Pukki,Fin..Idah, Ire U21..Drmic, suspended) ??

15 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

....so if this means we are playing Luton on Sept 5th in the League Cup, during an international window, we may well do without any goalkeepers (Krul,Netherlands..McGovern,N.I)...or strikers (Pukki,Fin..Idah, Ire U21..Drmic, suspended) ??

Good point. I know DF gave the cups a right good go in his first season (which I loved at time), and last season’s fa cup exploits speak for themselves. Lots of goodwill for that

Times change though.. & I for one won’t blame them for throwing everything at re-promotion this year. 

Just wonder if there isn’t a feeling now in the club about this league cup tie that, well, que sera...