Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

What do they do in traynin?

11 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Those are 'Playermaker' it is a wearable tracker specifically for football (the company is part owned by Arsene Wenger I think).

https://playermaker.com/

It is all about collecting that 'orrible data.

@Bill is gonna burst a blood vessel

• Haha 3

They're also to help keep their boots on, as most footballers can't tie their laces.

Anything to take from this? We can see Drmic and Trybull's numbers taken - some key players not seen too....

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Anything to take from this? We can see Drmic and Trybull's numbers taken - some key players not seen too....

Which ones? I can only think of Zimmerman and Hanley as key players that I didn't see? (I didn't see Vrancic, Trybull, Drmic or Leitner either but don't think they are key players). I saw all of 5 of the young lads were are expecting are 'wanted' by bigger clubs.

Hanley and Zimmerman may be there and I missed them but I didn't look that closely.

2 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Which ones? I can only think of Zimmerman and Hanley as key players that I didn't see? (I didn't see Vrancic, Trybull, Drmic or Leitner either but don't think they are key players). I saw all of 5 of the young lads were are expecting are 'wanted' by bigger clubs.

Hanley and Zimmerman may be there and I missed them but I didn't look that closely.

Hanley is still injured so won't be training yet. Zimmermann is there, he still has long hair and the alice band. Vrancic is also in the video.

Leitner is in Germany, he is recovering from his surgery, but is also out there to secure a move. Trybull is also in Germany, while his wife is expecting a baby. Drmic is missing - probably trying to secure a club in Germany.

27 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Vrancic is there.

Trybull, Drmic and Leitner aren't.

Nor are Byram, Hanley and Zimm although I assume that's due to recoveries from injury.

Mumba, Sinani, Sitti and McCullum all look to be very much part of the first team squad.

Shows what a strong squad we currently have at champ level, especially if Hugill joins. Nice to see the players look relatively cheerful although I guess they'd never just all look p**sed off on camera.

I thought Drmic shared a photo on Instagram of him on a plane saying "Back to training".  Or was it a dream?

44 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

To be fair it appears im just rubbish and missed most of them. Was Godfrey in there?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, South Sider said:

Discuss hairstyles and what pair of gloves 'gets the job done

Laying out on a dedicated Styling Coach is really starting to pay dividends. 🤣

Apples

This is how it should be done. On 8 seconds there's a pose by a manager that says it all. 😀

Edited by A Load of Squit
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

This is how it should be done. On 8 seconds there's a pose by a manager that says it all. 😀

Steve Grapes thigh muscles got so big he couldn't get his shorts on! 

I think the players dreaded Winterton more than Mousehold. Some didn't bother to have breakfast because they knew they would throw it up. 

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

When men were men

and women were glad of it

Footballers are far fitter today than ever before with the application of science to every aspect of their routine and match preparation. It turns out that running up and down a hill until you vomit is not the best form of physical training.

Thankfully the world has also (mostly) moved on from the highly destructive idea of masculinity being all about brute force; and the anachronistic suggestion that all women do or should like the same thing.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, hogesar said:

@Bill is gonna burst a blood vessel

err no

people believe in horoscopes, that the dead can talk to us and that there are creatures living on Mars

it is when they try to peddle that those idiocies have any truth ... or value in this case

that I am happy to disprove those delusions

6 hours ago, hogesar said:

To be fair it appears im just rubbish and missed most of them. Was Godfrey in there?

It's OK, I managed to miss both Vrancic and Zimmerman too! Yes, Godfrey is there; having just checked again, he's in it a few times, the clearest is probably at 2:42 in the centre-left of the picture.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

In this picture all of the players have black straps attached to their boots, what is it? Is it one of those modern sports science gizmo's?

Photos courtesy of Marcelo Bielsa

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Bill said:

err no

people believe in horoscopes, that the dead can talk to us and that there are creatures living on Mars

it is when they try to peddle that those idiocies have any truth ... or value in this case

So our director of football and chief scout have said we use stats to identify players but you are telling them they don’t?

I get this overwhelming impression that the thickness of your skull is greater than the length of your penis. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bill said:

err no

Erm

I feel that most people with at least half a brain don't believe any of that.

But do believe in science. And sport science being, you know, an actual thing of immense value in the sports industry. 

Not living in the days where we just 'used our eyes' and instead gain a much larger wealth of knowledge in a sport of fine margins is called progress. Give it a look.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, South Sider said:

Erm

I feel that most people with at least half a brain don't believe any of that.

But do believe in science. And sport science being, you know, an actual thing of immense value in the sports industry. 

Not living in the days where we just 'used our eyes' and instead gain a much larger wealth of knowledge in a sport of fine margins is called progress. Give it a look.

Just for the record I have a whole brain and although I don't believe that the dead can speak to us I have seen a ghost and it scared the life out of me.

Agree about sports science, it adds so much value to many parts of the sports world and allows for informed decisions to be made about many things such as rehab, substitutions (not that Farke uses it for that) and for signing players.

18 hours ago, Petriix said:

Footballers are far fitter today than ever before with the application of science to every aspect of their routine and match preparation. It turns out that running up and down a hill until you vomit is not the best form of physical training.

Thankfully the world has also (mostly) moved on from the highly destructive idea of masculinity being all about brute force; and the anachronistic suggestion that all women do or should like the same thing.

No sense of humour today? It was an old schoolboy joke meant to illustrate how we have moved on. Way too much ridiculous seriousness about football. 

Personally I can be both childish and serious.

It's hard to infer tone on the Internet. In any case, jokes about offensive subjects are still offensive.