Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Fans allowed back at tier 7 and below

Only a start but an important one.This means fans can return for clubs in the leagues below the conference south, so locally the Wroxhams, Fakenhams etc. Until we can get back into Carrow Road it may be nice to pop down and see some live football, social distancing should not be a problem. I suspect Conference and lower leagues may be next, but there have to be pilots first which for some reason cannot start before October. Many lower league clubs could allow their fans back pretty safely. When my in laws were alive i used to take in the odd Carlisle game when visiting, their ground hold 15000 and they normally get crowds of about 3000 including away fans so much less of a challenge than the bigger clubs

I suppose the challenge could be people are drawn to these games and the crowds increase. However are fans that desperate for live football? Probably not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I suppose the challenge could be people are drawn to these games and the crowds increase. However are fans that desperate for live football? Probably not.

I think a few may go but probably not the majority. I would take in a few conference games if Kings Lynn open up before us and at best we will only get one game a month in the immediate future

Would be good if people did go to some of these games but agree that few will. Financially it’d be a big help to grass roots football. 

This is below National League N/S, I think.

It does mean I can go and watch my local side(s) Kingstonian and Corinthian Casuals, who (groundshare and) play just over a mile away👍🙂

1 hour ago, City fan said:

Lowestoft for me. 

My local team are in the same league as Lowestoft- will this level be low enough to have fans?

• Like 1

Should be - think step 7 is Isthmian, Southern and Northern Premier (or whatever they are now calked).  I think Lowestoft moved from Isthmian to Southern Premier a season or two back.

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

This is below National League N/S, I think.

It does mean I can go and watch my local side(s) Kingstonian and Corinthian Casuals, who (groundshare and) play just over a mile away👍🙂

This is correct, it's all leagues below National League North and South.

4 hours ago, Foxy2600 said:

https://www.horshamfc.co.uk/2020/08/17/the-ifs-buts-and-maybes-of-project-restart/

Not 'your' Horsham but ours  daaarn Saaarf......and I can wear my 💛💚 and shout Yellows!

Also my local team.

Never been to see them, but perhaps in these strange times I should wander along to their shiny new stadium and take in a game. As you say already have the colours.

3 hours ago, king canary said:

My local team are in the same league as Lowestoft- will this level be low enough to have fans?

Yes all sides below National league North and South

When it starts I'll put a thread up with local games so we can all add ones we like the look of. 

Dereham have always been worth watching and Mulbarton are good as well. 

I can't wait to see football again 

• Like 1

i will go and watch Lowestoft and Wroxham 

At wroxham should not be to bad , never had a big Fanbase which is a shame  

If possible like to go and see Kings Lynn 

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

This government's handling of coronavirus so far suggests they think clubs below tier 7 don't have spectators at all. 😉

And because they are a lower level can apply social distancing to the players as well, just as we are expecting a 2nd spike.

Op said

I suspect Conference and lower leagues may be next, but there have to be pilots first which for some reason cannot start before October. 

With my tin hat on I will say that there is a fair chance of the over 50’s and vulnerable being able to be vaccinated in October or November. 

Well I'm gonna get this topic back on top.... Went to my first Tier 7 (Isthmian) tonight in many a year. Supporting the local YEEEEELLLLLOWWWS!

Horsham 5 - Enfield 2 - some great goals, decent play, no falling over, NO F'in VAR!!! Got a bit tasty towards the end with punches flying.

Added Bonus? Enfield play in Blue and White LOL!!

"Always Sh!t on the Old Blue and White" - sang nobody.......except me 😁

Any exile Canaries most welcome Daaarn Saaarf!! At the Camping World Community Stadium (I kid you not) - or Cawwow as its known.

IMG_9859.thumb.JPG.4adf58cf7612b60804d14ab39bb54676.JPG

• Like 1

On 19/08/2020 at 19:07, ......and Smith must score. said:

This government's handling of coronavirus so far suggests they think clubs below tier 7 don't have spectators at all. 😉

631 tonight and Smith scored the first goal 

IMG_9857.JPG

• Like 1

Hornets 'marching' on - 2-1 at CWS against Corinthian Casuals - last game for a month or so. Yellllooowwws!

IMG_9888.JPG

• Like 1