1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Honestly surprisied we didnt sell him. Wonder if any bids came in?

I imagine players like him will be difficult to shift permanently in the current market. 

• Like 1

He is 29 so you really have to ask is he going to have any future here as 30 when he comes back. Another poor signing last season for me.

He wasn’t signed last season, though - came in when we were in the Champs and may well have worked out at that level given a decent run at it.  We now have other options so all makes sense.

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

He is 29 so you really have to ask is he going to have any future here as 30 when he comes back. Another poor signing last season for me.

Norwich will have made an overall profit on the loan fees for Heise now - so not really a problem.

Was signed when there was only one left back in the squad so provided vital cover in the Championship season but ultimately kept out of the first team by one of the best young left backs in the country.

If Jamal had got injured in the run in to the 2018/19 season everyone would have bemoaned the lack of cover in the team. 

• Like 10

Having seen him close up in the Toulouse pre-season game, felt there was an "Sc" missing from the beginning of his surname.

Edited by Fuzzar
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Norwich will have made an overall profit on the loan fees for Heise now - so not really a problem.

Was signed when there was only one left back in the squad so provided vital cover in the Championship season but ultimately kept out of the first team by one of the best young left backs in the country.

If Jamal had got injured in the run in to the 2018/19 season everyone would have bemoaned the lack of cover in the team. 

When he came here he was injured from the off yet never made an appearance and during the Premeirship season made one appearance in the league Cup defeat at Crawley. As for making a profit on his loan fees i am beginning to wonder whether we are building a football team or a bank.

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Common sense as usual Bethno. No issues for me with the signing , loans and use of Heise. As you say we may have needed him, as it turned out, we didn't.  Happy days, and hasnt cost us anything. 

• Like 1

At the rate we are going Neil Adams will be knocking on Webber's door asking for him to appoint an assistant loans manager to give him a hand.

Edited by TIL 1010

Can't really see the problem. Squad player when he came here, better players played and he didn't. Surplus to requirements now, off you pop. 

Mind, given the performance he put in at Crawley we should be grateful for that and even more grateful that anyone is willing to take him on loan...🙂

You win some you lose some. Our foray into the German lower division has been a  mixed bag. Successes  at least at Championship level with Vrancic, Trybul, Zimmermann, Steipermann and Hernandez  failures with Heisse, Franke and Srbeney and Leitner a score draw some liked him some didn't. The financial outlay for all the lot added together will have been modest  probably less than half the fee we got for Madison and we would not have got promoted   without the contribution of the ones that were a success

15 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

As for making a profit on his loan fees i am beginning to wonder whether we are building a football team or a bank.

Surely nothing wrong with making money, after all if we have more money we can spend more on players. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Great post. Hadn't considered the loan fee's but always felt it was important we had him there in that Championship season. As it so happened Lewis kept himself fit and his form was good. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

As for making a profit on his loan fees i am beginning to wonder whether we are building a football team or a bank.

You'd prefer us not to loan the players out and just have them sitting around as a drain on our financial resources? You'd rather we were paying them and not another team because it would mean we were spending money rather than saving it or spending it more productively? I must be missing your point here spectacularly. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Having seen him close up in the Toulon pre-season game, felt there was an "Sc" missing from the beginning of his surname.

Harsh. But funny.

Him coming in as a back up was certainly required, we had been forced into playing Godfrey at LB when Lewis got injured.

46 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

unlike you to find something to moan about, plod

for my point he was probably up to Championship standard when we signed him..... but we have moved on from there

.....shame you can't

still stuck in your whiney old git mode 😛

40 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Is that a fact? His transfer fee was 500k from memory, could be wrong? A 3.5 year contract on say 10k a week equates to £1.9 million. With a promotion bonus, medical insurances, employers NI, etc, the total deal could well be close to the £3 million mark - probably more. 

Obviously all depends on his wage split whilst out on loan, but I doubt it's more than 50%, therefore any profit is likely to be peanuts. I can't imagine the two loan fees are much at all,  barely covering the initial transfer fee. 

I think stating an overall profit is a bit misleading. I could very well be wrong, but I think to say we've not lost anything would be more accurate. 

24 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Is that a fact? His transfer fee was 500k from memory, could be wrong? A 3.5 year contract on say 10k a week equates to £1.9 million. With a promotion bonus, medical insurances, employers NI, etc, the total deal could well be close to the £3 million mark - probably more. 

Obviously all depends on his wage split whilst out on loan, but I doubt it's more than 50%, therefore any profit is likely to be peanuts. I can't imagine the two loan fees are much at all,  barely covering the initial transfer fee. 

I think stating an overall profit is a bit misleading. I could very well be wrong, but I think to say we've not lost anything would be more accurate. 

All the loans have seen his wages covered 100% apparently. He has had a few clubs after him every time so Norwich could be demanding with wages and fees. £200k - £300k would be in the normal range for a season long loan to a 2. Bundesliga club. 

Also understand that his fee was quoted to be £500k, but much of that was in appearance related clauses, which obviously never kicked in.

Was told that clubs tried to sign Heise last summer, but Norwich turned it down as loaning out was a more profitable route for them. 

Edited by Bethnal Yellow and Green
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Great post. Hadn't considered the loan fee's but always felt it was important we had him there in that Championship season. As it so happened Lewis kept himself fit and his form was good. 

Heise came here injured and required a hernia operation almost straightaway so his importance did not end up stacking up.

38 minutes ago, Bill said:

unlike you to find something to moan about, plod

for my point he was probably up to Championship standard when we signed him..... but we have moved on from there

.....shame you can't

still stuck in your whiney old git mode 😛

Just a shame that he was injured before he even kicked a ball for us which seems to be overlooked by you and others.

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Heise came here injured and required a hernia operation almost straightaway so his importance did not end up stacking up.

Like I say, that was all irrelevant because Lewis kept his place and performed well. The fact we couldn't predict he would shortly be injured is hardly a warranted criticism anyway. Alongside Bethnals information i'm not quite sure what the problem is here?

55 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

You'd prefer us not to loan the players out and just have them sitting around as a drain on our financial resources? You'd rather we were paying them and not another team because it would mean we were spending money rather than saving it or spending it more productively? I must be missing your point here spectacularly. 

What i am struggling with is this continuous conveyor belt of signing players to immediately send them out on loan some for more than just the one season. I thought we signed players to improve the squad not have them ' sitting around ' as you put it Dunc ?  I have lost count of the players out on loan who have failed to make  the squad. Maybe someone could provide a list for last season and this coming one ?

There is no problem, Mr. Tilson is just looking for any old excuse to set up another meeting at St. Andrew's Hall.

1 minute ago, ncfcstar said:

There is no problem, Mr. Tilson is just looking for any old excuse to set up another meeting at St. Andrew's Hall.

St Andrews is soooooooooooooo yesterday ncfcstar. Today is the world of banging away on the interenet in most cases whilst remaining anonymous. 😜

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Absolutely this. Was cover for Jamal but wasn’t required. We have one new LB in the building and seemingly another coming so thanks and goodbye. 

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Just a shame that he was injured before he even kicked a ball for us which seems to be overlooked by you and others.

it was a hernia op, something not foreseen

as with others it is a case of some you win.......

and for every player like Heisse there is a Buendia - every youth player who falls by the way there is an Aarons

so it is stupid to keep bleating about one side of that equation without looking at the whole picture

the club has been turned around in a very short space of time, we are in a healthy position both on and off the pitch

te recent signings have probably surprised us all, and certainly give thought to the belief we can win the title again

so cheer up my old flat foot, cast your eye down the A140 and know you will most likely not have another pint in the station hotel on matchday, but you will certainly have a few more in the Nelson after enjoying another win at CR keeping us top of the table

follow this chaps example   would be myadvice

21 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

All the loans have seen his wages covered 100% apparently. He has had a few clubs after him every time so Norwich could be demanding with wages and fees. £200k - £300k would be in the normal range for a season long loan to a 2. Bundesliga club. 

Also understand that his fee was quoted to be £500k, but much of that was in appearance related clauses, which obviously never kicked in.

Was told that clubs tried to sign Heise last summer, but Norwich turned it down as loaning out was a more profitable route for them. 

I know Chelsea used to get a lot of criticism for it, but by using there wealth, status and superior scouting structure, they were able to sign relatively unknown European gems from places such as Belgium and loan them for big fees to other European, Premiership and Championship clubs. Most didn't get near Chelsea's first team, and we're never signed to be,  but they were put in the shop window in decent leagues which made more cash in big transfer fees. Ethically not great, but as a business model. Of course Chelsea are super rich anyway, but there is a sustainable model somewhere if done right. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

What i am struggling with is this continuous conveyor belt of signing players to immediately send them out on loan some for more than just the one season. I thought we signed players to improve the squad not have them ' sitting around ' as you put it Dunc ?  I have lost count of the players out on loan who have failed to make  the squad. Maybe someone could provide a list for last season and this coming one ?

Heise was brought in as left back cover, we bought better so didn't need him and still don't so we either sell him or he goes out on loan. We buy promising youngsters and try to develop them into the finished article, a key component of that, often, is loaning them out and it's certainly worked for Cantwell, Godfrey, Maddison and others. Then there are those we have tried with but are likely not going to quite cut it here such as Morris and Thompson. They are under contract but unlikely to play here and if they did would be in the u23 and possibly blocking the path of younger players that COULD make it, best option is for them to go out and play before we cut them loose at the end of their contracts. It's pretty standard stuff isn't it? And, as you say, it keeps Neyul busy. 

• Like 1