Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

Louis Thompson out on loan

Not a surprise. If he can get 30+ games and keep himself fit then who knows. Unfortunately the same with Morris I doubt we will see them playing for us again.

Who's next, Heise, Trybull, Leitner, Vrancic, Drmic.

Watching his few performances championship season, he looked decent.

Not happy he hasn't been given the opportunity to play for us this season.

1 hour ago, Six Pack said:

No room in the squad for another injury-blighted player, let alone a midfielder as we now have an abundance of them. If he can keep fit this season and play near-enough every game to prove his fitness and quality there'll be a place for him an NCFC season after I'd imagine.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

No room in the squad for another injury-blighted player, let alone a midfielder as we now have an abundance of them. If he can keep fit this season and play near-enough every game to prove his fitness and quality there'll be a place for him an NCFC season after I'd imagine.

Fingers crossed for him. It would be a great story if he can come back after the injuries he'd had.

I can't imagine MK Done are paying much toward his wages or a loan fee in his case though.

When does his contract run out, if he has another 2 years left and does well he may get a sniff at making it here but looking less and less likely.I hope he keeps fit and does well it is a vital season for him, injuries and or a poor season could in reality end his career in these difficult times when clubs will be even less keen to carry injury prone players

How much would I love to see Louis have a big season unhindered by injury. So much deserves it.

• Like 3

I just hope that he can stay fit long enough to find a new permanent home, to be honest. He'll be 26 in December, and whatever potential he had must surely have diminished significantly by the amount of time he's had on the treatment table. Can't see him ever playing for us again, personally, but I really hope the poor lad can still make a living from the game. I'm sure Russ will get the best out of him if he stays fit.

11 hours ago, Six Pack said:

No room to carry anyone this season and we are bulking out the squad with a complete overhaul by the looks of it

7 hours ago, Paul101 said:

No room to carry anyone this season and we are bulking out the squad with a complete overhaul by the looks of it

Carry ???

He hasn't been carried - when he got injuried he was left out of the team. They didn't continue playing him.

Overhaul of the team - as long as it's quality and better coming in. It looks more like a headless chicken who failed miserably last season blaming the players and not himself - yes why not haulhaul Webber !

4 hours ago, Six Pack said:

Overhaul of the team - as long as it's quality and better coming in. It looks more like a headless chicken who failed miserably last season blaming the players and not himself - yes why not haulhaul Webber !

Are you ok?

Best of luck this season Louis. 👍 At the time it looked like a tidy signing but he's been ravaged by injuries. He deserves a good run. 

• Like 1

some real anger there six pack

and maybe less concern about Lewis and more just a stick to beat the club with

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

good luck to Lewis would like to see him come out good

Always thought LT looked a class act as a youngster, every bit a potential first teamer, but that injury record , poor lad. If anyone deserves the backing of his parent  Club, by being contracted for a longer period than many would have thought wise, it is him.  It will have given him time to rebuild his career at little cost to us. If by any chance, however slim, he can fulfil his earlier potential, then he's still our player. It would be a real tearjerker if he ever did manage to get back into our first team and nail down a place. I do realise with every passing month this unlikely outcome is even less likely. If this kind of loyalty to promising but injury prone youngish players doesnt cost us too much, then it is a good thing.

16 hours ago, Paul101 said:

some real anger there six pack

and maybe less concern about Lewis and more just a stick to beat the club with

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

good luck to Lewis would like to see him come out good

Not beating up on my club ! I don't associate everything at the club with Webber

True, at the moment he has control of the footballing side - which is destructive !

I'm concerned enough about Louis Thompson to get the spelling of his name right.