12 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

You'd think if the club had any kind of mitigation or loophole they would have had a press release ready to go. Seems like someone has made a monumental error of judgement here, and the club's probably already in negotiation with the government about what they can do to clean up the mess.

A good solution all round would be if we have to forfeit our place in the League Cup, but that's wishful thinking! Will today's friendly at MK Dons be going ahead, for example? I wouldn't have thought they'd be able to risk it, even behind closed doors.

I doubt the Government are getting involved at this stage. It will be a matter for the League and FA to work with Norwich over it.

I suspect we will hear from the club at some point this morning and potential a statement from the EFL regarding their rules for clarification. 

The friendly today will probably go ahead, but I suspect Quintilla will not be involved - he may have to start a 14 day quarantine from today. 

Norwich being the first to get caught out probably helps them to be honest. 

11 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Norwich being the first to get caught out probably helps them to be honest. 

As long as we dont get caught up in a ' pour encourager les autres' scenario.

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

In fairness, both of those games were in Germany.

I get that, but the fact that they all interacted and I can imagine there has been no quarantining when united and wolves got back. It just stinks of double standards

6 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I get that, but the fact that they all interacted and I can imagine there has been no quarantining when united and wolves got back. It just stinks of double standards

Government policy doesn’t prohibit people from interacting with people from Spain. It relates to the country you are travelling from.

Also, clear policy was set out that sports teams are allowed to travel to play games in Europe. There are no double standards in that respect. 

Edited by Bethnal Yellow and Green

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

If he's been tested, then I don't see why not. And I'm not sure it can be seen as a 'monumental error of judgement' when it's pretty clear that the rules are incredibly unclear!

Possibly an overreaction on my part, Hoggy 🙂

Personally, I think a fair punishment would be expulsion from the League Cup...

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Government policy doesn’t prohibit people from interacting with people from Spain. It relates to the country you are travelling from.

Also, clear policy was set out that sports teams are allowed to travel to play games in Europe. There are no double standards in that respect. 

Quintilla will be able to travel to Germany though, so does the fact that he will travel there and potentially play (and I assume get tested for corona) supersede the advice on quarantining? 

I'm assuming the answer is 'he's been in Spain, so he has to quarantine', but with club under obligation to test players surely it makes it far easier to justify him taking part.

22 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Possibly an overreaction on my part, Hoggy 🙂

Personally, I think a fair punishment would be expulsion from the League Cup...

Doubt there'd be too many complaints!

For me it just depends on if the govt have made it clear to EFL and thus to clubs on the rules and also what the testing practices have been etc. I do find it odd that Buendia can go holiday in Spain and come back, not having to isolate, but a player who we've signed from Spain does have to isolate...

Does anyone know if all the players/staff at the training ground are still undergoing routine testing? 

If so I imagine its likely the club simply overlooked this detail, but it shouldn't end up being too much of a problem in the long run.

1 hour ago, ncfcstar said:

Quintilla will be able to travel to Germany though, so does the fact that he will travel there and potentially play (and I assume get tested for corona) supersede the advice on quarantining? 

I'm assuming the answer is 'he's been in Spain, so he has to quarantine', but with club under obligation to test players surely it makes it far easier to justify him taking part.

You're correct. You have to fill in a passenger information form if you come to the UK, say where you have come from and if you have been in any other countries prior to your arrival in the UK. It stops people driving from France into Germany and then flying directly here without quarantine, in theory.