Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Skipp signs on loan

1 hour ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Rumor has it that Mike used to line up his skips in a 4-4-2 formation with overlapping wing-skips.

OTBC

We used to do a good demolition job on teams in those days 😉

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Think its a fantastic signing.

I also agree . He’s potentially a real talent . Sounds like lots of other clubs were after him . Glad he chose us . I like to think taking over 9000 fans down to White Hart Lane midweek would have done our case no harm at all ! 

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Our history of loans with awful. We should never agree to loan any players in again

Huckerby, Crouch, Gunn weren't too bad!

Arrrggghhh, people on social media. Do they not think that a player highly thought of by Spurs’ manager and supporters might just be better than what we already have? Did they not watch the games last season and realise that we were often being overrun in the middle of the park? Are people that daft that they think players are signed in an ‘order of priority’? ‘We need a central duffendah! We need a stroiker’! 

I’m genuinely pleasantly surprised and pleased at how the squad is being revamped and I fully expect there to be two or three more signings yet, not including the Spanish lad. 

8 minutes ago, Badger said:

Don’t give him the satisfaction of a reply, @Badger. He’s the talksport of this forum. Talks sensationalist dribble all day in the hopes someone finally gives him the attention he’s obviously lacking from elsewhere. 

• Like 1

Good signing this, seems we are basically blaming our set up or centre mid for our problems last season rather than the centre backs.

Skip and Sorenson will provide some strong options in the middle

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Badger said:

i remember Elvis was brought in at the same time , 2 out of 3 was not bad 

Did someone point out on Twitter he was paraded in Drmic’s number? Interesting...

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

i remember Elvis was brought in at the same time , 2 out of 3 was not bad 

I thought it was  Cooper* we got with Huckerby and Crouch, not Hammond? *or was it Harper, I can't remember what way round we got them.

5 minutes ago, Big O said:

Did someone point out on Twitter he was paraded in Drmic’s number? Interesting...

Well spotted, he was wearing the number 20 shirt that Drmic had last season.

5 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Good signing this, seems we are basically blaming our set up or centre mid for our problems last season rather than the centre backs.

Skip and Sorenson will provide some strong options in the middle

And with Dowell looking like a starter, we could have a much more youthful and energetic midfield. Along with Placheta and Martin backed up by Sinani and Sitti, I am hopeful of a real change in tactics.

Trouble is with about 32 in the current squad, it does seem we are banking on some leaving.

I would imagine Vrancic, Leitner, Trybull, Drmic and Thompson plus at least two of of our stars.

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

We’ve bought some duds too. Should we stop buying players as well?

Yes, also plenty of players from the academy never make it, so let's scrap that too.  Actually, let's never sign anyone ever again, that way we'll never end up with any duds.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Arrrggghhh, people on social media. Do they not think that a player highly thought of by Spurs’ manager and supporters might just be better than what we already have? Did they not watch the games last season and realise that we were often being overrun in the middle of the park? Are people that daft that they think players are signed in an ‘order of priority’? ‘We need a central duffendah! We need a stroiker’! 

I’m genuinely pleasantly surprised and pleased at how the squad is being revamped and I fully expect there to be two or three more signings yet, not including the Spanish lad. 

You've got to remember that most of those on social media have never seen him play yet decided he's no good for us, and also he dunt scorez enuf gowls fur us buh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Yes, also plenty of players from the academy never make it, so let's scrap that too.  Actually, let's never sign anyone ever again, that way we'll never end up with any duds.

I heard Georgie Weah's cousin might be worth a punt?

1 hour ago, All the Germans said:

I thought it was  Cooper* we got with Huckerby and Crouch, not Hammond? *or was it Harper, I can't remember what way round we got them.

You are right it was Harper 

A very good signing. We needed a few changes from last season to make it feel different. We need to offload a few now...

11 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

A very good signing. We needed a few changes from last season to make it feel different. We need to offload a few now...

We do look incredibly overloaded, I can only assume we've had enough interest in the players we don't want that we felt safe bringing players in first!

Anyone want to guess when one of our main stars and which one will be departing soon? I’ll be delighted to have called this completely wrong but surely only a matter of days away now. My guess is Cantwell followed by one of the full backs.

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Anyone want to guess when one of our main stars and which one will be departing soon? I’ll be delighted to have called this completely wrong but surely only a matter of days away now. My guess is Cantwell followed by one of the full backs.

Buendia is my guess. I think the homegrown four may be more likely to go in January (probably get an inflated price too if we're lucky) simply as we don't have too many home-growners in the ranks, although it will have increased a bit with the signings of Skipp, Dowell, and McCallum.

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Buendia is my guess. I think the homegrown four may be more likely to go in January (probably get an inflated price too if we're lucky) simply as we don't have too many home-growners in the ranks, although it will have increased a bit with the signings of Skipp, Dowell, and McCallum.

There’s been speculation McCallum may be sent back on loan. I’d be a little surprised If true but maybe initial training sessions have shown he needs more time. Coventry would be the obvious choice as he could fit straight in and progress with guaranteed game time. 

23 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Well I still think your initial call that we'd lose all of them is not going to happen. If we lost one fullback and cantwell we'd be in a very, very good position.

9 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

There’s been speculation McCallum may be sent back on loan. I’d be a little surprised If true but maybe initial training sessions have shown he needs more time. Coventry would be the obvious choice as he could fit straight in and progress with guaranteed game time. 

McCallum will likely go out on loan if Lewis isn't sold. I don't think the club want to throw him in as first choice left back with little back-up. So if Lewis goes there will be McCallum and the Quintilla, if Lewis stays it will be Lewis and Quintilla with McCallum off to a Championship clubs to get 40 games under his belt.

McCallum was in the non-league only two seasons ago - to go from that to being first choice at a club that's goal is promotion from the Championship is a huge step up for a player that is only 19.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

If that's true, I would say that makes Lewis less likely to leave unless the Spanish lad is nailed on to come. One thing Farke's demonstrated during his time here is a remarkable ability to gauge when a youngster is ready to make the leap into the first team. I'd ignore the little cameos dotted around the end of the Premiership season as I think those were handed out to keep youngsters hungry as a psychological tactic, particularly as we had a lot of injuries.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Well I still think your initial call that we'd lose all of them is not going to happen. If we lost one fullback and cantwell we'd be in a very, very good position.

If only we knew what’s going on behind the scenes. It doesn’t look like any players have thrown their toys out demanding a move but that doesn’t mean they’ll stay. A lot could happen very quickly as the transfer merry go round hasn’t really warmed up yet. 

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Did I say all of them or at least 4 from 6 including Pukki? Your estimate is looking far more likely but things happen very quickly in football. 

Skipp seems a very promising prospect and if his energy and youth can help do a job for us this season then  i welcome his arrival and wish him well. Even if we get promoted it may be a one season only job, although  i suppose if he did well but considered still not ready for a top club ie Spurs in the PL then they may even let us have him for another season who knows. There is little or no prospect of buying him but we go into this with our eyes wide open and any contribution he can make will be greatly appreciated. Our recent history of loans signing has been truly awful so we are due to get it right eventually and hopefully this young man is our much overdue loan success

A couple of spurs season ticket holders I know rate Skipp very highly and think he'll have a decent season with us.

Watched him in the FA cup against us last season - my impression at the time - very average player.

All this hype is getting the flock excited ! - didn't Everton fans say Naismith was good ?

I don't want us selling our good players and replacing them with "lemons"

2 hours ago, Six Pack said:

Watched him in the FA cup against us last season - my impression at the time - very average player.

All this hype is getting the flock excited ! - didn't Everton fans say Naismith was good ?

I don't want us selling our good players and replacing them with "lemons"

Three things;

1. You are judging him on one game?

2. Completely different set of circumstances to Naismith

3. Who might we be selling in the position Skipp plays?