paul moy

Bournemouth sell Ramsdale

27 minutes ago, Will Dance For Chocolate said:

Thanks for the words and the welcomes. I'll be honest, I can't wait for the matches to start again so that rather than speculation becomes the main topic!

However, as an addition to the recent savings on the wage bill, the club have announced that Francis and Surman have been released. Francis was offered a backroom job but wants to carry on playing. Surman was fifth choice and barely got a look-in last season plus we have a quite highly rated young CM coming through so that seemed inevitable.

Daniels will stay with the club whilst he continues to recover from his injury. Whether there will be a contract waiting for him should he make it or not time will tell.

I said before I expected all three to be released so it isn't too much of a surprise that the first two are gone.

Probably not what you want to hear but you remind me of us when we last came down, with a big wage bill and ageing squad, releasing lots of 30+ high earners then having to rebuild. Worked out well in the end but I can't see you challenging for promotion this year with so much change, and I suspect you'll see a transition period of some sort.

Similar to Swansea also, who now look like they are benefiting from stripping out the high earners and are on upwards trajectory again.

I also think it makes sense not to get the high profile well paid manager for that transition period, because your fans won't understand when you are struggling to keep pace with the top sides and have teething problems bedding in new players. Think of our season in 14th with James Maddison, with a squad which included many of the players who finished 1st the following season. Vrancic, Zimmermann, etc, took time to bed in. 

Your cheap new manager is well placed to be the 'fall guy' with a tremendously difficult job this season, and cheap to sack, then your next manager will benefit from the rewards of a half finished canvas. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

29 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Are you prepared to try and understand how transfer fees typically work in football Bill, or do you just want to continue being an ignorant fool?

I'll try anyway.

Often when a club has an offer accepted for £10m and they sign a player on a four year contract the fee will be spread over a four year period. I'm sure you've bought a house sometime, similar principle.

So they'll put £2.5m up, but not have to pay a further £2.5m for another year. 

Sometimes a club will pay cash up front in a single lump sum, but this has become increasingly rare.

It means that most clubs owe money on transfer fees, and most clubs are also owed transfer fees. This is why the Naismith deal was problematic to us, not only did we have to pay his wages but also transfer fee installments to Everton. The installments may well have exceeded his salary cost.

Using future due transfer payments against Bournemouth would be odd, as its industry standard practice. 

If the Nathan Ake fee is spread over the 5 years of his contract then that would be £8.2m per year for five years. If the Billing fee were structured in a similar way then that is £3m a year for 5 years.

Its about their ability to make these payments, you have no evidence at all that they are in financial distress based on a very old set of accounts, although admittedly the likelihood is that cloth cutting and prudent spending will be necessary. 

(As it happens Man City have probably put more than that down, possibly even all at once, but they aren't a normal club). 

thank you, you have just re-affirmed what I have been saying on this forum for years

as to evidence I would state that the club's parachute payments will be, and their other income

parachute £42m-£46m

gate money £5m

commercial revenue £10m

the latter two I suspect will be lower due relegation

so you don't have to look far to know what that club's income will be, so as to also know that it will struggle to meet what is owed, never mind spending

as to Francis and Sturman now leaving that owes more to a headline in the local rag than it does choco's knowledge of the club. As they were both out of contract they had already left.

So I can guess where choco is coming from, and it is..............................

41 minutes ago, Bill said:

as to Francis and Sturman now leaving that owes more to a headline in the local rag than it does choco's knowledge of the club. As they were both out of contract they had already left.

What on earth are you warbling on about.

You keep quoting the wage bill from the season before last, so obviously Ibe, Boruc, Fraser, Surman and Francis leaving at the end of their deals is relevant to that, as that's probably £6m+ off the wage bill already. 

The wage bill you keep stating includes the wages of Jermaine Defoe too, who was on £5.2m a year.

Throwing around really old numbers does you no favours whatsoever and most of their high earners now could probably be sold if necessary, like King and Wilson.

They are probably paying Arter more than they would like, and Solanke was a disaster of a signing, but they really don't seem to be loaded up with too much deadwood. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

aha, the old

'make it up and argue' against that instead' ploy

I never made that comment - I merely pointed out that the two named players had long left the club before today - which was a comment on chocos continuing lack of knowledge about AFCB

but do continue, if making up stuff is your forte

4 hours ago, Indy_Bones said:

I've re-read that thread and I just don't get where you are coming from tbh.

He posted fair and reasonable responses to your points, explained his understanding of the ground situation, why he thought the owner had structured finances the way he had, admitted that further sales were expected and that there was an understanding of a relegation wage drop (like ours) for all players except Ake (who's sold anyway).

Everything he posted was well reasoned and he didn't claim to know exact details of things that only those in charge of their club would actually know, and you claim that's him presenting lies and misrepresenation instead.

Sorry dude, but I don't see it that way, and I'm certainly not a "usual suspect crawling out to have a pop", but I don't agree with you over this discussion point, nor do I share your vitriol and seeming hatred of their club either, so please don't lump me in with the people you regularly disagree with, because I'm simply disagreeing over this particular debate and playing the posts rather than the poster.

I've been here too IB................it's ridiculous and annoying. If you prove him wrong, he will simply ignore the post and move on to something else - complete tool

4 hours ago, Indy_Bones said:

I've re-read that thread and I just don't get where you are coming from tbh.

He posted fair and reasonable responses to your points, explained his understanding of the ground situation, why he thought the owner had structured finances the way he had, admitted that further sales were expected and that there was an understanding of a relegation wage drop (like ours) for all players except Ake (who's sold anyway).

Everything he posted was well reasoned and he didn't claim to know exact details of things that only those in charge of their club would actually know, and you claim that's him presenting lies and misrepresenation instead.

Sorry dude, but I don't see it that way, and I'm certainly not a "usual suspect crawling out to have a pop", but I don't agree with you over this discussion point, nor do I share your vitriol and seeming hatred of their club either, so please don't lump me in with the people you regularly disagree with, because I'm simply disagreeing over this particular debate and playing the posts rather than the poster.

Mate, that's literally everybody else.

The 99.99% of us who aren't too bright, lie, and make stuff up to fit our agenda... as opposed to the pure, unadulterated source of truth that represents the other 0.01%.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Mark .Y. said:

I've been here too IB................it's ridiculous and annoying. If you prove him wrong, he will simply ignore the post and move on to something else - complete tool

that I would welcome

not the endless whining about how awful I am

somehow it is always the latter, and never the former

1 hour ago, Bill said:

as to evidence I would state that the club's parachute payments will be, and their other income

parachute £42m-£46m

gate money £5m

commercial revenue £10m

the latter two I suspect will be lower due relegation

so you don't have to look far to know what that club's income will be, so as to also know that it will struggle to meet what is owed, never mind spending

No TV income then ?

15 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

No TV income then ?

commercial income

28 minutes ago, Bill said:

commercial income

So TV income, sponsorship, advertising ,hospitality, merchandise etc will amount to £10 million....yeah whatever.

Edited by TIL 1010

FWIW Will Dance I think you will be fine as you have a way of playing that will work just fine in the Championship. BTW what do you think of your new kit? My wife would call it “interesting” 

18 hours ago, DraytonBoy said:

That was Grimsdale.

I thought that was the guy at the Labour Exchange in the Charlie Drake sketches. Or perhaps it was both 

24 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Bournemouth Owner can wipe out the Debt easy so Huge Difference to us when we were in debt ,

I'm not up with all this money malarkey but it crossed my mind if he can why doesn't he?

In other news I seem to remember it was Mr Pugh🙃

I fear for Bournemouth. They owe a lot of money to external people and their wage bill is huge compared to their income. That billionaire owner may not be able to bail them out thanks to covid.

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I'm not up with all this money malarkey but it crossed my mind if he can why doesn't he?

we'll have less of that blasphemous talk here young lad

he's an hinvestor and it is a pure oversight that the money he put in was in the form of a loan, not equity

and that by some other oversight the stadium etc happens to be in his name

as is the land where the training ground WAS to be built

all a consequence of a kindly old chap whose generosity made him take his eye of the legal stuff

..... and yes there are numpties daft enough to believe that.......................🤣

15 hours ago, Surfer said:

FWIW Will Dance I think you will be fine as you have a way of playing that will work just fine in the Championship. BTW what do you think of your new kit? My wife would call it “interesting” 

Looks like they let the YTS kid loose with Photoshop where he discovered gradients and then nobody had the heart to tell him.

Edited by Will Dance For Chocolate

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

Bournemouth Owner can wipe out the Debt easy so Huge Difference to us when we were in debt ,

Not so sure he can. He's wealthy but not that kind of wealthy.

35 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

I fear for Bournemouth. They owe a lot of money to external people and their wage bill is huge compared to their income. That billionaire owner may not be able to bail them out thanks to covid.

He isn't a billionaire.

Having said that, the wage bill has been massively slashed already and around £60m generated with more undoubtedly to come when King/Wilson and maybe others if the right bid comes in move on.

well nutty surely you can understand if Bournemouth are say 100millon in debt but owner is worth 900 millon 

It is Better Than were we were before we went up and sold Maddison ?

When we were in Debt it was closer to what Delia is estimated to be  worth 

that's is why i said there was a difference one can pay it if wanted the other could not 

1 hour ago, Will Dance For Chocolate said:

Not so sure he can. He's wealthy but not that kind of wealthy.

He isn't a billionaire.

Having said that, the wage bill has been massively slashed already and around £60m generated with more undoubtedly to come when King/Wilson and maybe others if the right bid comes in move on.

it will need far more to clear what is owed on transfers

it will need the wage bill cut to at least 40% of what it was

City own their ground/Colney

AFCB own diddley squat, and owe £100m on top of the above

lets hope those owed do not see this as their last chance to get their money back

Edited by Bill

40 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

well nutty surely you can understand if Bournemouth are say 100millon in debt but owner is worth 900 millon 

It is Better Than were we were before we went up and sold Maddison ?

When we were in Debt it was closer to what Delia is estimated to be  worth 

that's is why i said there was a difference one can pay it if wanted the other could not 

No, I don't really understand it. 

Why get 100m in debt?

I suspect it's more complicated than your explanation.

12 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

No, I don't really understand it. 

Why get 100m in debt?

I suspect it's more complicated than your explanation.

Oh i Agree with you There Nutty silly to Get 100 mil in debt in first place 

But all i was saying if you have a Rich enough owner he could if wanted write it off 

Just now, norfolkngood said:

But all i was saying if you have a Rich enough owner he could if wanted write it off 

Doesn't seem to work that way though.

Binboy mucus is a rich enough owner yet lives in a league one debtors prison. Is that by choice?

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Doesn't seem to work that way though.

Binboy mucus is a rich enough owner yet lives in a league one debtors prison. Is that by choice?

Evans is the worst Owner i have seen 

i think he runs that at a loss as his other business makes money ?

to pay less tax overall ?

i think he Charges more interest on the loan than a bank ? 

i really do not understand Evans if you had his money wouldn't you want to be playing in the best league ?

What i have read Bournemouth owner is Not the Evans Type 

22 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Anyone can write of what they have lent, as they no longer have that money

Of the debt, Bmouth borrowed £16m* against incoming transfer fees, one of the reasons they have such an imbalance. They have already spent money in advance of future payments

Despite the nonsense peddled on here they are pretty much fcked, financially, through living beyond their means.

* not sure if any more of their debt has been taken out through this method

19 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i really do not understand Evans if you had his money wouldn't you want to be playing in the best league ?

why

he's a spiv come ticket tout

I doubt any o their kind give a flying fcj about who is playing when they are touting

far, far less are involved for the 'love of the game' than you seem to think

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

Like I said I'm not up with this money malarkey but I'm pretty sure it's more complicated than that.

Posters talk in hundreds of millions like it's all under control. I hope it is for our club but we made a 38m loss last season and will now have Covid losses for goodness knows how long.

Hopefully we haven't borrowed against future broadcasting money but I understand many clubs do.

Most football clubs are completely unsustainable and when you see businesses closing all over the country even while they are still being subsidised you have to worry what will happen later in the year.

I doubt football will be immune.

Like I said I don't really get it but when I played monopoly I was always thankful that I could always have 1500 quid to start the next game however many times I went bankrupt.

5 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

That was Charlie Drake