paul moy

Bournemouth sell Ramsdale

59 minutes ago, Will Dance For Chocolate said:

Oh, I can see his reply now you've quoted it.

It's really odd how he wants us to keep paying the salaries of the players we've sold or that are out of contract. Does he think you're still having to pay James Maddison's salary? Seems like a poor deal if you do. I even listed those players for him before.

As for no evidence of reductions, well you can say that about any club until the accounts come out. Unless payslips or contracts leak. Or you can rely on the journalists that report with frequently accurate reports about the club and so clearly have someone whispering in their ear. I wouldn't have a clue which of the local journalists that report on Norwich are reliable like that but I would guess people that post here do. Or you can stick your fingers in your ears and go 'lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala'.

The irony of quoting a news report trying to use it as if it's fact and then a few posts later saying you can't rely on journalists reports.

Anyone in the team I listed could be sold if their valuation is met and they want to move. The same as for Norwich. The same as at any club. If you go back and read the post with the team on it I even said that at the time. I'm not yet convinced by Travers so hope we can get in a decent replacement but if the manager wants to back him as the number one of course I'm happy to give him a chance.

As for why I'm here, well I usually post on a couple of other club's forums each season. The relegation means a change of scenery and I've always kind of liked Norwich so thought I'd add a bit here. Until the season kicks off all I've got to offer is stuff about AFCB but we'll see when the matches start. Most places usually appreciate a different point of view. Most places usually have an oddball that you end up having to ignore despite trying to reason with them at the start.

Mate, pay no mind to the Gibberwocky, we only bite when he outright nailed on lies, lies and then doubles down on those lies. He's  an eeejit who thinks he knows everything  just because he's  got little else  to do other than trawl the internet for anything he can sling....at anyone. He's  a Tad unstable too, so you will soon be accused of something or being someone he doesnt like ....but that's paranoia  for ya. 

Tough times ahead for both our teams with a lot of expectation.  Fair play to you for putting up with Bilious for as long as you did before blocking him, hes probably  our most blocked poster. Posters from other teams( except one team) are generally  made to feel welcome unless they are on a wind-up, which you don't seem to be. So on behalf of the rest of us apologies for  the  rudeness and ignorance of our ' unhinged one'.

• Like 3

the problem being, with £79m owe out in transfer payments all incoming money will be taken up paying off those outstanding payments. So the idea they will be buying is farcical

All things being equal their income this season will be around £50-55m, which after running costs will leave around £45-50m to meet a wage bill that hopefully for them has seen around £65m cut off.

For those not too bright I would suggest reading our accounts after we had last been relegated. Ours was a matter of £20m or so in total as a shortfall.... and remember the concern,

Now magnify that ten times and you might just begin to grasp the problem.

And why Howe bailed out, and why the cheapest option was put in his place.

ps the fee being quoted may not turn out to be the true figure either 😅

7 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Mate, pay no mind to the Gibberwocky, we only bite when he outright nailed on lies, lies and then doubles down on those lies. He's  an eeejit who thinks he knows everything  just because he's  got little else  to do other than trawl the internet for anything he can sling....at anyone. He's  a Tad unstable too, so you will soon be accused of something or being someone he doesnt like ....but that's paranoia  for ya. 

Tough times ahead for both our teams with a lot of expectation.  Fair play to you for putting up with Bilious for as long as you did before blocking him, hes probably  our most blocked poster. Posters from other teams( except one team) are generally  made to feel welcome unless they are on a wind-up, which you don't seem to be. So on behalf of the rest of us apologies for  the  rudeness and ignorance of our ' unhinged one'.

I hope you haven't been using hand cranks spell checker again

ps not sure what double down is... a quilt, perhaps, but thanks for pointing out to everyone the lies - and for taking on the BB role of telling everyone how terrible I am and how much everything is ruined by me 🤩

But they've already sold players to the value of around 65 mil in total with Ake and now Ramsdale. I fully expect Wilson, King and a few others to also be leaving for at least 15-20 mil each, and their wage bill is already massively lower just from the players sold/released.

I don't disagree they're in a terrible position financially, but that is being mitigated quite heavily by these sales and incoming money from the PL/parachute payments.

All I've asked is that you have a reasonable debate with the guy, that's not too much to ask surely?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

All I've asked is that you have a reasonable debate with the guy, that's not too much to ask surely?

Oh yes it is.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

So he didn't see a deal coming for Ramsdale - so what?

It's blatantly obvious that they're in a tough position as a club and that quite a few players would be leaving either for financial reasons or for not wanting to play in the Champs when they can easily get a move to another PL club.

Nope

The whole point f my posts has been to state that. Something that is only now being discussed.

Previously the talk was of Bournemouth being the main challengers for promotion, how lucky they are to have a multi millionaire back.

If someone chooses to lie or misrepresent then don't have a hissy fit if I refute that guff.

And that club's financial problems are of their own making. They pursued a path of over spending and living way beyond their means - a path our directors are consistently castigated for not following.

So if me putting out the truth, upsets some then so be it.

Now watch to see how much of that £18.5m (even £21m) turns out to be true. And count the empty seats in their silly little ground come mid January.

But what has any of their finances got to do with one of their supporters trying to have a decent debate with fans of other clubs???

The guy came on here, admitted he wasn't happy with the Tindall appointment, agreed they'd have a lot of players leaving, and clarified a few points regarding the ground situation that I'm sure most of us have no clue about because we're not Bournemouth fans, and somehow that turned into a mudslinging exercise as you appear to have a real issue with their club and they way they've gone about their business.

Like any of us, you're fully entitled to air your views and if you feel information is misrepresented then of course you can challenge that, but it's more about HOW you challenge it (and why) rather than the fact you want to disagree with the points the other poster is making.

I'm not the forum police, you (and everyone else) will post as they wish, but I do think it's a bit of a poor show when the guy tries to have a fair chat with us City fans and you bite his head off whilst calling him a liar and belittling his club for no apparent reason.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

I'm not the forum police, you (and everyone else) will post as they wish, but I do think it's a bit of a poor show when the guy tries to have a fair chat with us City fans and you bite his head off whilst calling him a liar and belittling his club for no apparent reason.

I bet Bills a bundle of joy in real life too! Bitter man who only gets pleasure from belittling people and taking joy from the demise of other clubs!

I just can’t be arsed to waste time on him Indy B.

I enjoy it when we get decent fans from other clubs to talk with, they give a decent perspective on our club too.

• Like 1

Cracking bit of business by Bournemouth which ever way you look at it.

Not sure Sheff Utd fans would agree though. Ramsdale is no Henderson and that's a fair old chunk of their transfer budget one would have thought.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

If you care to cast your mind back this chap replied to a thread I started, by posting up misinformation and stating that what I said was incorrect.

My reply was that my figures were from his own club's accounts did not stop his continued misrepresentations (or lies)

As to me being the guilty party for correcting his lies, then I can live with that - same as the usual suspects crawling out to have a pop.

But let us see the true figures in relation to this deal, when it goes through. And let's not forget how much of professional football has been distorted by silly little clubs over spending, and cheating the system to get promoted

Holding them to account is what is needed, not whinny posters all too ready to have a fit of the vapours when it is put over robustle.

37 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

But what has any of their finances got to do with one of their supporters trying to have a decent debate with fans of other clubs???

The guy came on here, admitted he wasn't happy with the Tindall appointment, agreed they'd have a lot of players leaving, and clarified a few points regarding the ground situation that I'm sure most of us have no clue about because we're not Bournemouth fans, and somehow that turned into a mudslinging exercise as you appear to have a real issue with their club and they way they've gone about their business.

Like any of us, you're fully entitled to air your views and if you feel information is misrepresented then of course you can challenge that, but it's more about HOW you challenge it (and why) rather than the fact you want to disagree with the points the other poster is making.

It isn't worth your time mate.

He seems to take even a mild and civil difference of opinion as a personal slight and so out come the insults and the 'oh dear oh dear' ****.

I just feel a bit sorry for him at this point but the forum is immediately improved the second you block his ramblings.

• Like 2

I've re-read that thread and I just don't get where you are coming from tbh.

He posted fair and reasonable responses to your points, explained his understanding of the ground situation, why he thought the owner had structured finances the way he had, admitted that further sales were expected and that there was an understanding of a relegation wage drop (like ours) for all players except Ake (who's sold anyway).

Everything he posted was well reasoned and he didn't claim to know exact details of things that only those in charge of their club would actually know, and you claim that's him presenting lies and misrepresenation instead.

Sorry dude, but I don't see it that way, and I'm certainly not a "usual suspect crawling out to have a pop", but I don't agree with you over this discussion point, nor do I share your vitriol and seeming hatred of their club either, so please don't lump me in with the people you regularly disagree with, because I'm simply disagreeing over this particular debate and playing the posts rather than the poster.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Will Dance For Chocolate said:

As for why I'm here, well I usually post on a couple of other club's forums each season. The relegation means a change of scenery and I've always kind of liked Norwich so thought I'd add a bit here. Until the season kicks off all I've got to offer is stuff about AFCB but we'll see when the matches start. Most places usually appreciate a different point of view. Most places usually have an oddball that you end up having to ignore despite trying to reason with them at the start.

Please keep posting WDFC. I enjoy, as I'm sure most of the posters on here do, a good debate with fans of different clubs. As you indicate, a different perspective can be most valuable. It will be good to have your input through the season and to see how the discussion evolves.

41 minutes ago, king canary said:

....the forum is immediately improved the second you block his ramblings.

Amen to that brother King.

OTBC

image.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Will Dance For Chocolate said:

Most places usually have an oddball that you end up having to ignore despite trying to reason with them at the start.

Plot twist. We have waaaaaaay more than one oddball.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I just don't get this vitriol either with regard to Bournemouth. Been there two or three times in recent seasons and if it goes financially pear shaped for them i feel sorry for the town and their fans. A lovely place, a decent little ground with good welcoming pubs everywhere plus decent fans.

Keep posting WDFC as it is good to read posts from opposing fans who do not feel the need to give it the Billy Big Bollox.

It must be a first for a visiting fan to register on here and within a few days block one of the locals which says it all really.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I just don't get this vitriol either with regard to Bournemouth. Been there two or three times in recent seasons and if it goes financially pear shaped for them i feel sorry for the town and their fans. A lovely place, a decent little ground with good welcoming pubs everywhere plus decent fans.

Keep posting WDFC as it is good to read posts from opposing fans who do not feel the need to give it the Billy Big Bollox.

It must be a first for a visiting fan to register on here and within a few days block one of the locals which says it all really.

Who has he blocked?

24 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Who has he blocked?

You would never guess in a million years.  😜

Our new friend from the South coast posted this near the bottom of page one.................Oh, I can see his reply now you've quoted it.

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You would never guess in a million years.  😜

Our new friend from the South coast posted this near the bottom of page one.................Oh, I can see his reply now you've quoted it.

Quelle Surprise, as we say in Rennes.

9 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Not quite as crazy as Pogba, out for  850K, back in for 85 million !!!

Chelsea turned down Pulisic on trial when he was 14, signed him at 19 for £58m, another good one. 

6 hours ago, Bill said:

errr, that's not wiped out the £100m debt

the £79m owed out=n on transfer payments

I know you aren't the sharpest knife in the knife block Bill, but £79m owned in transfer payments would be included in that £100m debt figure wouldn't it? As I've pointed out several times before. 

You appear to be attempting to make it look like their debt is £179m when it clearly isn't. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

6 hours ago, Bill said:

well well, so they do owe money of transfer fees

Are you prepared to try and understand how transfer fees typically work in football Bill, or do you just want to continue being an ignorant fool?

I'll try anyway.

Often when a club has an offer accepted for £10m and they sign a player on a four year contract the fee will be spread over a four year period. I'm sure you've bought a house sometime, similar principle.

So they'll put £2.5m up, but not have to pay a further £2.5m for another year. 

Sometimes a club will pay cash up front in a single lump sum, but this has become increasingly rare.

It means that most clubs owe money on transfer fees, and most clubs are also owed transfer fees. This is why the Naismith deal was problematic to us, not only did we have to pay his wages but also transfer fee installments to Everton. The installments may well have exceeded his salary cost.

Using future due transfer payments against Bournemouth would be odd, as its industry standard practice. 

If the Nathan Ake fee is spread over the 5 years of his contract then that would be £8.2m per year for five years. If the Billing fee were structured in a similar way then that is £3m a year for 5 years.

Its about their ability to make these payments, you have no evidence at all that they are in financial distress based on a very old set of accounts, although admittedly the likelihood is that cloth cutting and prudent spending will be necessary. 

(As it happens Man City have probably put more than that down, possibly even all at once, but they aren't a normal club). 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

5 hours ago, Will Dance For Chocolate said:

Oh, I can see his reply now you've quoted it.

It's really odd how he wants us to keep paying the salaries of the players we've sold or that are out of contract. Does he think you're still having to pay James Maddison's salary? Seems like a poor deal if you do. I even listed those players for him before.

As for no evidence of reductions, well you can say that about any club until the accounts come out. Unless payslips or contracts leak. Or you can rely on the journalists that report with frequently accurate reports about the club and so clearly have someone whispering in their ear. I wouldn't have a clue which of the local journalists that report on Norwich are reliable like that but I would guess people that post here do. Or you can stick your fingers in your ears and go 'lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala'.

The irony of quoting a news report trying to use it as if it's fact and then a few posts later saying you can't rely on journalists reports.

Anyone in the team I listed could be sold if their valuation is met and they want to move. The same as for Norwich. The same as at any club. If you go back and read the post with the team on it I even said that at the time. I'm not yet convinced by Travers so hope we can get in a decent replacement but if the manager wants to back him as the number one of course I'm happy to give him a chance.

Don't get worked up over Bill, he's been talking rubbish for years. 

Thanks for the words and the welcomes. I'll be honest, I can't wait for the matches to start again so that rather than speculation becomes the main topic!

However, as an addition to the recent savings on the wage bill, the club have announced that Francis and Surman have been released. Francis was offered a backroom job but wants to carry on playing. Surman was fifth choice and barely got a look-in last season plus we have a quite highly rated young CM coming through so that seemed inevitable.

Daniels will stay with the club whilst he continues to recover from his injury. Whether there will be a contract waiting for him should he make it or not time will tell.

I said before I expected all three to be released so it isn't too much of a surprise that the first two are gone.

33 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I know you aren't the sharpest knife in the knife block Bill, but £79m owned in transfer payments would be included in that £100m debt figure wouldn't it? As I've pointed out several times before. 

You appear to be attempting to make it look like their debt is £179m when it clearly isn't. 

Not like Bilious to double down on a faux pas. He's  normally  so reasonable. 

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Me, everybody  for we are all one according  to the blocked one.

It’s a sort of inverse mass hysteria