paul moy

Bournemouth sell Ramsdale

That would seem to end the pursuit of Henderson then.

Shame in a way, I hope Henderson gets time at Old Trafford, or a different move away. Very talented young English keeper.

• Like 1

It's in Henderson's hands. He signed his contract.

There are times when it's better to turn down  short term pay rise for a long term benefit. Footballers, especially goalkeepers, who do not get game time can easily ruin a career.

I'm sure another club will come in for him. United can't realistically have Henderson and Romero on the bench. 

Good business for B'mouth though - 18 million for a GK, when they have Travers ready to step up.

Almost 60 million pounds worth of talent sold already (which is needed, I know).

Sheff Utd sold him to Bournemouth just three years ago for £1 million and have now paid £18 million to buy him back, beyond crazy.

20 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

Sheff Utd sold him to Bournemouth just three years ago for £1 million and have now paid £18 million to buy him back, beyond crazy.

Not quite as crazy as Pogba, out for  850K, back in for 85 million !!!

23 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

It would've been more but Shefffield Utd had a sell on clause when they sold him to Bournemouth so they got that back as a discount.

1 hour ago, Yellow Wal said:

It's in Henderson's hands. He signed his contract.

There are times when it's better to turn down  short term pay rise for a long term benefit. Footballers, especially goalkeepers, who do not get game time can easily ruin a career.

I imavine Henderson sees this season as his best shot at winning the job at Man U. De Gea has had an awful end to this season so a strong pre season could give Henderson a real shot.

56 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Absoloute firesale for Bournmouth- At least they don't have to worry about money.. Just have to worry about the squad now

Two players sold is not a firesale, they also got very good prices for them, they didn't want to sell the keeper but Ramsdale wanted to go back to Sheffield & the Premier League.

A fire sale is the sale of goods at extremely discounted prices. The term originated in reference to the sale of goods at a heavy discount due to fire damage. It may or may not be defined as a closeout, the final sale of goods to zero inventory. They are said to occur in the financial markets when bidders who value assets highly are prevented from bidding on them, depressing the average selling price below what it otherwise would be.

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

It would've been more but Shefffield Utd had a sell on clause when they sold him to Bournemouth so they got that back as a discount.

Reports from our local journalists indicate that it's £18.5m excluding the sell-on so the price is the equivalent of selling for £21m to another club. For a keeper that's very good money and so I can understand why the club accepted, especially after the player told the club he wanted to go. No point hanging onto a player that wants to be somewhere else when the right money is on the table. It's a little muddled whether the sell-on clause was negotiated away or simply not applicable under the terms of the original deal because he didn't move on to a third club instead going back to Sheffield Unitued. Whatever the reason though, it's a fair old whack.

From the Sheff Utd side, reports there indicate they've leveraged the money still owed for Brooks towards the fee so doesn't take such a big slice out of the transfer budget for this season. So could be seen as a good deal for them as well.

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Absoloute firesale for Bournmouth- At least they don't have to worry about money.. Just have to worry about the squad now

errr, that's not wiped out the £100m debt

the £79m owed out=n on transfer payments

and the £110 wage bill

they've a long, long way to go yet........ LI most likely 😅

To save more money, may I present B'mouth's new keeper

25 secs

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Will Dance For Chocolate said:

Reports from our local journalists indicate that it's £18.5m excluding the sell-on so the price is the equivalent of selling for £21m to another club. For a keeper that's very good money and so I can understand why the club accepted, especially after the player told the club he wanted to go. No point hanging onto a player that wants to be somewhere else when the right money is on the table. It's a little muddled whether the sell-on clause was negotiated away or simply not applicable under the terms of the original deal because he didn't move on to a third club instead going back to Sheffield Unitued. Whatever the reason though, it's a fair old whack.

From the Sheff Utd side, reports there indicate they've leveraged the money still owed for Brooks towards the fee so doesn't take such a big slice out of the transfer budget for this season. So could be seen as a good deal for them as well.

well well, so they do owe money of transfer fees

and the local paper has

'A deal worth £18.5million is understood to have been accepted, which includes a 15 per cent sell-on clause that Sheffield United inserted into their sale of Ramsdale more than three years ago. '

I suspect Demin will see this as his last chance to get money back so a fair chunk will head his way

Expect more out of the door in the next week or so 🙄

Now that is what i call a good bit of business by Bournmouth. Buy a player for £1m  have the use of him for 3 years and then sell him back to the same club for over £18m wow

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bill said:

well well, so they do owe money of transfer fees

and the local paper has

'A deal worth £18.5million is understood to have been accepted, which includes a 15 per cent sell-on clause that Sheffield United inserted into their sale of Ramsdale more than three years ago. '

I suspect Demin will see this as his last chance to get money back so a fair chunk will head his way

Expect more out of the door in the next week or so 🙄

Once again you ignore all the stuff that people post that contradicts your point of view, pretending it was never mentioned. Where did I say no money was owed? If you go back I said the Ake transfer gave us room to demand full value for other transfers. Exactly in the way we rejected Sheff Utds first bid and forced them to pay top dollar.

As for the fee, this is from a journalist that has a very good inside track to the club:

You might also want to read this one as well:

I also said a number of other outgoing transfers would almost definitely being happening. However, to reiterate let me say again we fully expect Wilson (wants to try and get in the England squad for the Euros but I think it's a forlorn hope. I can understand his desire though), King (one year left on his contract) and Lerma (not sure which side the pressure is coming from here but it's been widely tipped he'll leave) to all depart before the window shuts. So when they go they aren't further evidence of anything beyond what we expected to happen happening.

After this post I'm not being drawn into another pointless discussion with you as your view of the world is bizarre. Your quoting June 2019 salary figures as if they are the same now despite all the evidence to the contrary can only be answered by quoting June 2019 figures back. We've got nothing to worry about as the same accounts that you're so fond of show well over £100m in tv revenue. I won't be responding to you further until you start to acknowledge the world in which everyone else is living. Enjoy your fantasy!

• Like 2

oh dear, you aren't too bright are you

£110 wage bill is not a one off, which can be paid off by one TV payment

there is no evidence that it would have decreased last season

So AFCB would have a bill of roughly that amount going into the coming season, only with around £60m plus less from the TV as parachute payments. Unless you have some bizarre notion that tv money is paid at the end of the season

Opinions of 'journalists; are that, opinions. Not evidence.

But thanks for spending so much time on a non connected forum when your fans will no doubt be spitting feathers

As to players leaving you posted up your team for next season, which included Ramsdale. Anyone else from that team you might think will also now go ?

1 hour ago, Bill said:

oh dear, you aren't too bright are you

£110 wage bill is not a one off, which can be paid off by one TV payment

there is no evidence that it would have decreased last season

So AFCB would have a bill of roughly that amount going into the coming season, only with around £60m plus less from the TV as parachute payments. Unless you have some bizarre notion that tv money is paid at the end of the season

Opinions of 'journalists; are that, opinions. Not evidence.

But thanks for spending so much time on a non connected forum when your fans will no doubt be spitting feathers

As to players leaving you posted up your team for next season, which included Ramsdale. Anyone else from that team you might think will also now go ?

Oh Bill. I wouldn't be calling people dim if I were you.

I also wouldn't be throwing out figures about another club as if you've read their accounts forensically and then try to snidely have a go at someone else for coming on another club's forum. You've clearly spent a bit too much time looking at Bournemouth in the hope of some massive collapse, for some reason.

Edited by TheGoogler
  • Like 3

err no

anyone who thinks that TV money is paid at the end of the season is in my opinion dim

30 secs looking at AFCBs 2018/19 would show to most why there are now up shtcreek

but thanks for reading my posr, not many are as diligent as you Mr Goolie 😉

6 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

Oh Bill. I wouldn't be calling people dim if I were you.

I also wouldn't be throwing out figures about another club as if you've read their accounts forensically and then try to snidely have a go at someone else for coming on another club's forum. You've clearly spent a bit too much looking at Bournemouth in the hope of some massive collapse, for some reason.

Oh, I can see his reply now you've quoted it.

It's really odd how he wants us to keep paying the salaries of the players we've sold or that are out of contract. Does he think you're still having to pay James Maddison's salary? Seems like a poor deal if you do. I even listed those players for him before.

As for no evidence of reductions, well you can say that about any club until the accounts come out. Unless payslips or contracts leak. Or you can rely on the journalists that report with frequently accurate reports about the club and so clearly have someone whispering in their ear. I wouldn't have a clue which of the local journalists that report on Norwich are reliable like that but I would guess people that post here do. Or you can stick your fingers in your ears and go 'lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala'.

The irony of quoting a news report trying to use it as if it's fact and then a few posts later saying you can't rely on journalists reports.

Anyone in the team I listed could be sold if their valuation is met and they want to move. The same as for Norwich. The same as at any club. If you go back and read the post with the team on it I even said that at the time. I'm not yet convinced by Travers so hope we can get in a decent replacement but if the manager wants to back him as the number one of course I'm happy to give him a chance.

As for why I'm here, well I usually post on a couple of other club's forums each season. The relegation means a change of scenery and I've always kind of liked Norwich so thought I'd add a bit here. Until the season kicks off all I've got to offer is stuff about AFCB but we'll see when the matches start. Most places usually appreciate a different point of view. Most places usually have an oddball that you end up having to ignore despite trying to reason with them at the start.

• Like 11

so nothing that refutes anything I have said

but plenty of misrepresentation to cover up his errors, for the record I never stated

he wants us to keep paying the salaries of the players we've sold

quoting a news report trying to use it as if it's fact

no comment from me about that report I just added it to the mix

You did comment on who you felt would leave, Ramsdale was not one, which suggests that your grasp off what is happening is clouded by a delusion that AFCB is some wonder club with a fairy tale story, rather than another silly little club who have overspent and now face the reckoning

and you dont even see the obvious consequences of having already cut the wage bill - the diminution of the squad

Good business by Bournemouth so far; almost £60m raised and potentially another £60m+ to come with Wilson, King and Brooks all mentioned as leaving. They've also got rid of Fraser and several others already so that is quite a chunk off that wagebill. Will be interesting to see who they buy as to whether they will be strong next year - new manager and mostly a new squad may take some time to bed in.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bill said:

You did comment on who you felt would leave, Ramsdale was not one, which suggests that your grasp off what is happening is clouded by a delusion that AFCB is some wonder club with a fairy tale story, rather than another silly little club who have overspent and now face the reckoning

and you dont even see the obvious consequences of having already cut the wage bill - the diminution of the squad

So he didn't see a deal coming for Ramsdale - so what?

It's blatantly obvious that they're in a tough position as a club and that quite a few players would be leaving either for financial reasons or for not wanting to play in the Champs when they can easily get a move to another PL club.

What's going to be interesting is to see exactly how many leave, at what price, and how they can rebuild afterwards with a basically unproven manager.

I think they're on a hiding to nothing tbh, the key players will be gone, there isn't the money there (at present) to bring in anywhere near similar level replacements, and it may even be tough for them to stay in the Champs, never mind try to get back up immediately.

Point being however is that a fan of a different club has come on here for a bit of debate, isn't acting like a complete tool, and is bothering to make sensible posts detailing their position and showing greater knowledge of their club that most of us have about Bournemouth, so there's absolutely no reason to be so abrasive in the responses, nor start name calling or other unnecessary behaviour.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

Point being however is that a fan of a different club has come on here for a bit of debate, isn't acting like a complete tool, and is bothering to make sensible posts detailing their position and showing greater knowledge of their club that most of us have about Bournemouth, so there's absolutely no reason to be so abrasive in the responses, nor start name calling or other unnecessary behaviour.

Give this man a trophy 🏆 👏👏👏👏