Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

OT - Champions League

Thought I’d give Barca v Bayern a look (see if anyone worth us signing?!), astonishing score of 4-1 to Bayern after just half an hour.  That Lewandowski would be a good buy....!

Hilarious defending by Barca, just like us. The only other similarity is watching them trying to play out from the back with 3 Bayer strikers closing in.

Great game to watch.

17 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Also, having tbe quarter finals onwards on neutral grounds and no 2nd leg has made for some cracking games.

I wouldn't be disappointed if they kept this format permanently. 

• Like 2

If this was the aggregate score it would be embarrassing. Barca a shambles, all empires crumble eventually! 

22 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

What the hell was Piquet doing. They've scored 5  and it could have been 8 or 9.

It is

If Farke can get us playing this German way it would be a joy!

Superb display, even with Barcelona awful defending they still weren’t out of it at 4-2.

I really enjoyed this one off game at a neutral ground, been some very good quarterfinals.

• Like 1

Worth picking the bones of the Barcelona team and tempting them to Norfolk?

obviously not their defenders though 😂

What a pale shadow of the Barcelona sides of old this team is. Messi gave up at 3-1. Suarez looked off the pace, except for that dummy for his goal which was sublime. Defensively, Barca rivalled us at times for incompetence. 

I think Bayern maybe the best side in the world at the moment, but it's hard to judge when your opposition is just that bad. 

I imagine Catalonia is a very unhappy place to be tonight.

Edited by TheGoogler

I would venture to say that even our defending wasn't as shambolic as that Barca performance this evening, certainly pre-Covid. Ball-watching, no one tracking runners, forwards in acres of space. It was fairly pathetic stuff. Reminded me of Germany tearing Brazil a new one in the World Cup when Neymar got pole-axed and Thiago Silva was injured. What a scoreline!

1 hour ago, Indy said:

If Farke can get us playing this German way it would be a joy!

Superb display, even with Barcelona awful defending they still weren’t out of it at 4-2.

I really enjoyed this one off game at a neutral ground, been some very good quarterfinals.

We're lacking intelligence and a performance analyst -- Preferably a German one.

1 hour ago, paddycanary said:

I would venture to say that even our defending wasn't as shambolic as that Barca performance this evening, certainly pre-Covid. Ball-watching, no one tracking runners, forwards in acres of space. It was fairly pathetic stuff. Reminded me of Germany tearing Brazil a new one in the World Cup when Neymar got pole-axed and Thiago Silva was injured. What a scoreline!

I absolutely loved that. Watching the Brazilian team get overly emotional about Neymar getting injured made me hope the Germans tore them apart. And they certainly did that. Every time they went forward in the first half they looked like they were going to score. A wonderful memory.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

There's no way that scoreline happens with a full stadium.

Couldn’t help thinking the same, the game would have been abandoned due to rioting at about 5 or 7....

• Like 1