Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

New kit released

4 hours ago, king canary said:

Its a bit meh, not worth the wait really.

To be fair I was never going to buy it due to the sponsor so what does it matter?

If this is not doing it for you.. join the debate on yellow / white / yellow and green nets...it's rivetting

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Nice. Yellow and Green. Isn't that what we want?

Let's hope it isn't £59.99 again. 

£50. Plus shipping and a £1 recommended donation to The Nest, so £55.

I have a question as to what 'unsafe' kit is, if this is 'safe'?

Glad to know that Teemu, Tim Krul, Onel and Zimbo will not be sold 

SHORTS sponsors? It is reassuring to know they are behind us.......................

4 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

I have a question as to what 'unsafe' kit is, if this is 'safe'?

Glad to know that Teemu, Tim Krul, Onel and Zimbo will not be sold 

SHORTS sponsors? It is reassuring to know they are behind us.......................

An unsafe kit is the heresy that was commited 20 odd years ago by having an all yellow kit!

Eh, I mean it's... fine. Decent kit, clearly Norwich, honestly hard to find anything bad to say about it. Just not super exciting either.

I'm wondering if they had a more creative design in the pipeline but realised that sales will be significantly lower this season with far fewer people coming to matches so decided to shelve that and go with something relatively simple and inoffensive and hold off on a more exciting design until next season? 

15 minutes ago, andyc24_uk said:

Eh, I mean it's... fine. Decent kit, clearly Norwich, honestly hard to find anything bad to say about it. Just not super exciting either.

I'm wondering if they had a more creative design in the pipeline but realised that sales will be significantly lower this season with far fewer people coming to matches so decided to shelve that and go with something relatively simple and inoffensive and hold off on a more exciting design until next season? 

Could well be Andy

IMO it’s a nice clean “ back to basics” design, exactly what is needed to reflect the moment we are in, now let’s make the season famous. 

I liked it this morning when I saw it . Clean and simple . Just back from club shop having got one on way home from work . I like it even more now I can see it properly . Quite classy imo 💚💛 .

back to basics, don't mind it to be honest, can't go jazzy every season or it loses its impact. Don't think I'll buy it though

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

What's infuriating is that I can't get the adult shirt but in infant size! If you want a kids size you have to have the youth logo!

I'm going to assume you meant this the other way round and leave it at that.

13 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

I'm going to assume you meant this the other way round and leave it at that.

No, I wanted to get a shirt for my daughter with the adult style/logo so it matches mine. But all the kids shirts have the youth logo on.

3 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

No, I wanted to get a shirt for my daughter with the adult style/logo so it matches mine. But all the kids shirts have the youth logo on.

You want your daughter's shirt to be emblazoned with a gambling firms logo?

3 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

It's illegal to have betting company logos on kids' products.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

Christ not this again. 

15 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

It's illegal to have betting company logos on kids' products.

I didn't know that was the reason, that explains it. Cheers BYG. 👍

16 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

I don't think my 7 month old daughter is going to be influenced to start betting based on what's on her football shirt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I don't think my 7 month old daughter is going to be influenced to start betting based on what's on her football shirt.

Not saying she would, but I just think it's rather tacky and wrong for a gambling company to be anywhere near a kids shirt - which is exactly why it's banned.  I liked the fact that last couple of seasons my children could have a shirt with something that was at least relatable to them as a sponsor, not so much with Lotus though.

That being said if the club offered an adults shirt with the Lotus logo on I'd much rather that than Dafabet.

17 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

It's difficult, isn't it? We've done the conversation to death on here previously and whilst I understand why it's banned, some kids do want a replica kit of what their heroes are wearing and some of them notice the different sponsor!

• Like 1

Ordered just after 9am and had the despatch email earlier this afternoon. Added "The Place Is Going Bananas" book to get the free P&P!

Hopefully the sizing is similar to previous years and its not too big or too small! Anyone already purchased it with feedback on the size/fit?

47 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Wait, 

So you're telling me she's not going to buy a Lotus Elise and drive it irresponsibly either? 

• Haha 2

When I was a kid, I had a Norwich shirt with a lager company as its shirt sponsor.

Whatever the rights or wrongs, children, I'd imagine would want to wear a replica of the same shirt they're watching their heros playing in each week right down to the sponsor...or at least have the choice.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Classy, restrained, and I quite like the muted jacquard striping in there. Our colours are quite strong so there's no need to go overboard with the patterning.

Might not quite fire the imagination so much initially, but that sense of classiness may come through......

...conservative, solid, appealing.....

You have Georgio Armani on speed dial ? 😀

Edited by ......and Smith must score.
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

No sleeve sponsors in the Championship.

There is a 'back of the shorts sponsor' yet to come according to the announcement - so some lucky company can have their logo on Onel's ****.

Shame Nicky Butt’s retired.

Think he’d look good inside an ad for Anusol

30 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

When I was a kid, I had a Norwich shirt with a lager company as its shirt sponsor.

Whatever the rights or wrongs, children, I'd imagine would want to wear a replica of the same shirt they're watching their heros playing in each week right down to the sponsor...or at least have the choice.

Many people have said that if alcohol was "invented" yesterday it would be banned tomorrow.

So its predominantly yellow.  And we usually do well with a predominantly yellow kit.  As with the 2011/12 kit this is so obviously based on.  If the quality of finish is better than the 2011/12 kit ( the neck stitching gave way too easily) then jobs a good'un.