Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

New kit released

Classy, restrained, and I quite like the muted jacquard striping in there. Our colours are quite strong so there's no need to go overboard with the patterning.

I think it's a grower of a kit. Might not quite fire the imagination so much initially, but that sense of classiness may come through and fans start liking it more.

Think the only complaint I'd have is a pretty recurring one, namely the badge is not hand-stitched. But I think this is a conservative, solid, appealing effort. A 7/10 from me.

• Like 1

It’s yellow and green and not ridiculous. That’s literally all that matters. Love the style police begging for lapels and a broach or something every year.

I think if this had a thin green pin-striping to it, it would be perfect. But then I guess that isn’t within Errea’s brand guidelines. Where’s Mason when you need a cheeky mock-up?! 😄

1 minute ago, Unhinged Canary said:

Looks like we may have got rid of that ridiculous Best Fiends patch. It's not listed as a partner any more either. 👍

No sleeve sponsors in the Championship.

There is a 'back of the shorts sponsor' yet to come according to the announcement - so some lucky company can have their logo on Onel's ****.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Robornio said:

I think if this had a thin green pin-striping to it, it would be perfect. But then I guess that isn’t within Errea’s brand guidelines. Where’s Mason when you need a cheeky mock-up?! 😄

I'm in hiding 🤫

I thought we might get pinstripes this year, guess I was half right.

I don't think it's awful, but probably the laziest Errea have done for us- I felt a really hearty 'inspired by' would be used to cleanse memory of the season just gone.

Interesting that green numbering is available, I would say. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

There is a 'back of the shorts sponsor' yet to come according to the announcement - so some lucky company can have their logo on Onel's ****.

Argos?

• Haha 2

At the time (partly because it came out straight after egg & cress) I though this shirt was really dull and I didn't much like it, but now I love it. Maybe this new, plain one will also grow on me? I know nostalgia plays a HUGE part in how we view shirts though...

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

To mark the start of the new partnership, BADU’s logo will be featured on the Canaries’ home and third kits, whilst Bidstack’s logo will feature on the team’s away kit. Bidstack, based in London, worked in sponsorship with Norwich City back in 2016.

Looks like these companies are fitting the bill Bethnal which was announced yesterday.

Edited by TIL 1010

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

To mark the start of the new partnership, BADU’s logo will be featured on the Canaries’ home and third kits, whilst Bidstack’s logo will feature on the team’s away kit. Bidstack, based in London, worked in sponsorship with Norwich City back in 2016.

Looks like these companies are fitting the bill Bethnal which was announced yesterday.

That's the back of the SHIRT sponsor, there is a back of SHORTS sponsor to be announced 'in due course' as according the release today.

Just now, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

That's the back of the SHIRT sponsor, there is a back of SHORTS sponsor to be announced 'in due course' as according the release today.

Gross, how many sponsors can one kit carry?

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Beautiful, best kit in years. 'Waa its boring' who cares? Much prefer boring over some ****e fancy 'new and modern' kit like Watfords new home kit..

The frustrating thing, for me at least, is the months of 'design' that's gone in to this, plus the sign off to agree to it. 

Also, the club are now pushing out a new shirt every season at £50 a pop. 

My Q is, why would you bother to buy this when it's almost identical to a shirt we wore 8/9 years ago?

If you don't and never will buy a shirt, your opinion on what it looks like is pretty futile. 

2 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

The frustrating thing, for me at least, is the months of 'design' that's gone in to this, plus the sign off to agree to it. 

Also, the club are now pushing out a new shirt every season at £50 a pop. 

My Q is, why would you bother to buy this when it's almost identical to a shirt we wore 8/9 years ago?

If you don't and never will buy a shirt, your opinion on what it looks like is pretty futile. 

Well I for one wont be buying it at £50, I'm always more than happy to wait until March when they start to get rid of stock.

If everyone did the same then perhaps we'd see more sensible pricing (I know that this is a moot point).

I hope we didn't pay for their design team to produce this. Looks like they started with a plain shirt with crest and thought "hey that's different".

Its a great shame but i suspect sales of football shirts for this coming season will be the lowest for years with a fraction of supporters being back in the ground, but as it goes looks fine by me

4 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Can not be believe the negativity on here... How dare you criticise the club.. I suggest you go to the back of the queue for access to Carrow Road.... I like it, it's classy 😁😁

I tend to agree. Minimalistic design looks good but i think we all expected something more eye catching. Not really a design is it though? 

2 hours ago, TheGoogler said:

I love it. I'm an absolute sucker for simple, minimalist kits though. Going to get one for my 7 month old. 

What's infuriating is that I can't get the adult shirt but in infant size! If you want a kids size you have to have the youth logo!

5 minutes ago, Yorkshire Canary said:

Its a great shame but i suspect sales of football shirts for this coming season will be the lowest for years with a fraction of supporters being back in the ground, but as it goes looks fine by me

Alternatively, 

If fans are unable to attend and have more disposable cash buying the most recent shirt would keep them feeling connected to the club.