Sign in to follow this  
NeymarSmith

Tall tale of an Ipswich fan...

47 minutes ago, ELYOUKAYEE said:

They're academy is on par with Colchester United. Ours is on par with Manchester United. 

It really isn't. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'll give your mate Woolfendeen, he is class.

Flynn Downes may be the next Korey Smith, set for a good long career in the Championship.

I'd expect most of the rest to play most of their careers exactly where they are, in League One. 

I saw them twice last year. Your comparison of Downes and Korey Smith is a good one. 

It was impossible to make a judgement on Wolfenden as the quality of the opposition was so poor and completely lacking in pace.

Dozzell is worth next to nothing. Can't even get a place in a very poor League 1 side. 

It's a nice thought that a team based on youth could play their way out of that Division. I would think they'll get trampled on and leave by the wrong door. 

16 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

There is a chance Norwich’s youth team will be playing Ipswich in the EFL Trophy - that should help clarify how good their young prospects are. 

Didn't they somehow rig that competition last season to ensure that they couldn't be in the same group? Or did I just make that up?

• Like 1

I think the binners believe in their youth is more a recognition of how **** their first team is, than any real great optimism about those youths

Just as someone with a lottery ticket can be a multi millionaire at some point in the next few days

So the binners can have the same hopes - though not the same odds, as I would spend £2 on a lottery ticket and believe it had a better chance of winning, than £2 spent on a bet the binners will get promoted

Got no idea how good they are in all honesty, haven't heard of most of that list, and wouldn't recognise any Town player if they were walking down the road. Sad indictment of where their club currently is. 

Edited by Michael Wynless Jones
  • Like 1

On 13/08/2020 at 20:16, TeemuVanBasten said:

It really isn't. 

We're both Tier 1 academies, so technically we're 'on par' with Man U.

7 minutes ago, ELYOUKAYEE said:

Until you come to the finances involved.

19 hours ago, ELYOUKAYEE said:

I am as good as a footballer as Messi. We're both men.

Edited by All the Germans
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

Some of their fans have reportedly been seen having a celebratory Morris Dance on hearing of

their latest 3, yes 3, free aged signings.

Well they've got to stick to the wage cap now in L1. They'll need a few "old heads to give the team a hand", to support those "running to the well" for Paul.

14 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

Duplicate post

Edited by sonyc

18 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

Some of their fans have reportedly been seen having a celebratory Morris Dance on hearing of

their latest 3, yes 3, free aged signings.

made me smile - obviously shopping in the bargain bin section

https://ipswich.vitalfootball.co.uk/three-down-two-to-go/

Back to our latest recruits, and all three players have joined as free agents. Stephen Ward has been handed the number 3 shirt, David Cornell the number 28, and Oli Hawkins will have 32 on his back.

As for Oli, I do admire his honesty. Speaking of his time with Portsmouth he said bluntly, “I suppose supporters want skilful players who score bags of goals and do great celebrations. They don’t want a 6ft 6in striker that may miss a couple of chances and get taken off at half-time – or come on for five minutes here or there. I would say 40 per cent respected me and knew what I was capable of. The other 60 per cent saw me as nothing exciting or not good enough.” At least here, he will get a fair hearing. Blues fans are some of the most tolerant around and if a player tries his damnedest then supporters will back him. He has been given a two-year deal with a 12-month option.

This time last year Oliver Norwood was the man they were all excited about. He was going to score 30 goals and lead them back to the Championship. 

He's about to join Dundee United 

• Like 3

On 13/08/2020 at 15:51, NeymarSmith said:

Well yeah, sound true enough to me. I just said if they were any good they would not be at ipswich. He was persistent though. Bless him.

He really raved about wolfenden, who after a Google seemed to have been linked to a few championship clubs and shef utd earlier in the year. 

Is he any good? Would he fit with us? Obviously he wouldn't join, or they wouldn't sell to us rather.

Isn't he a speedway world champion...... oh no that's Woffenden 😁

15 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Heard from a suffolk dweling friend they signed Stephen Ward.. that cant be right, isnt he about 40 years old?

He looks not far off 40 stone. 🤣

Apples

7 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

This time last year Oliver Norwood was the man they were all excited about. He was going to score 30 goals and lead them back to the Championship. 

He's about to join Dundee United 

Who next will head off out of poorman road

What aged has been will be next through the doors of Twilight  Days, Home for the almost actively retired ?

Edited by Bill

I remember when we sold Maddison and one of the Binbreds started a thread “If Maddison is worth 20million then Dozzell must be worth 40”

Simple folk them Binbreds.

• Haha 1

On 13/08/2020 at 18:13, Bill said:

Jack Marriott (Derby)

So Pope, Marriott and Clarke the Brighton CB who they paid Portsmouth £3.5m for all left Ipswich for free as they weren't deemed good enough.

Some good talent spotters there.