Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Playing The Scum Without Fans Is Just Unthinkable.

A possibility of getting them in EFL Cup 1st Round.

City could also be drawn against arch rivals Ipswich in the regionalised first round draw. Town’s mid-table finish in a truncated League One campaign, due to the coronavirus pandemic, is likely to mean Paul Lambert’s club will be not be seeded in the southern section of the first round cup draw.

Looks the possibility of the 1st round  EFL Cup match being played August 29th to?...that would mean the  new season starting in just 2 weeks 4 days time, because of the clash with internationals the week of 5th Sept.

Look on the bright side, if we did draw them it’s a free pass to the next round as there’s absolutely no way the management will want to be losing that. Cup or not, losing to them down the round would not be easily forgiven.

3 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Look on the bright side, if we did draw them it’s a free pass to the next round as there’s absolutely no way the management will want to be losing that. Cup or not, losing to them down the round would not be easily forgiven.

Depends when the fixture is as if our priority is promotion its entirely possible with congested fixtures that we would play our u23s.

I mean, we would still stand a good chance mind.

Just now, hogesar said:

Depends when the fixture is as if our priority is promotion its entirely possible with congested fixtures that we would play our u23s.

I mean, we would still stand a good chance mind.

Against Ipswich? That would really test the goodwill of the fans. We haven’t lost to them in a decade and at the moment they’re in their weakest position during that decade and us supposedly with a Championship-dominating team. I appreciate that the cup is the cup but losing to Ipswich just isn’t the Norwich Way!

I think Cup competition will be a low priority this season - we have 46 league games to pack in, in a season that’s 4-5 weeks shorter than normal.  

16 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Against Ipswich? That would really test the goodwill of the fans. We haven’t lost to them in a decade and at the moment they’re in their weakest position during that decade and us supposedly with a Championship-dominating team. I appreciate that the cup is the cup but losing to Ipswich just isn’t the Norwich Way!

I know but if we lost a couple of big players to injuries in that match our fans will be complaining about that too. Its almost like beating them now wouldnt be that big a deal - they're a midtable league one side and feel pretty irrelevant to me right now anyway

We will lose to them eventually. I'd rather it be in a meaningless cup competition fielding a heavily weakened team. Promotion will be a priority for Ipswich too, so they may not risk key players either.

The goodwill to Farke's relies on us doing very well in the league and hopefully getting back to the EPL at first attempt.