Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jerrykerry

Daniel Farke sacked with immediate effect... By me

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Through an amazing string of luck I won the euro millions. Then I invested the cash in medical companies and amazingly have become a billionaire. 

So I am buying NCFC. 

Daniel Farke will be sacked and is to be replaced by the dream team of Sam Allardyce and Joey Barton. 

Covid will also thankfully allow me to accelerate my plan to make carrow road the first zero seater, fans free ground and club in the world. 

Members of the Pinkun Forum will form the board of directors. 

Finally you will have the benevolent billionaire owner we all want. 

 

Edited by Jerrykerry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allardyce gets a bit of an unfair rap as a manager. Yes, he can be very much an arch-pragmatist and then some mainly as he's a bit of a specialist in saving teams that need a big kick up the backside, but people tend to forget that when given time he is more than capable of turning out teams that can play.

There's no way players like Nicholas Anelka, Fernando Hierro, Youri Djorkaeff, Jay-Jay Okocha, Stelios Giannakopoulos and Ivan Campo would have played for him at Bolton if he was the primitive pump it, hump it, thump it merchant a lot of media like to portray him as. That Bolton side ruffled a lot of fancy feathers, but they had a nice dose of steel to go in with all the silk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Allardyce gets a bit of an unfair rap as a manager. Yes, he can be very much an arch-pragmatist and then some mainly as he's a bit of a specialist in saving teams that need a big kick up the backside, but people tend to forget that when given time he is more than capable of turning out teams that can play.

There's no way players like Nicholas Anelka, Fernando Hierro, Youri Djorkaeff, Jay-Jay Okocha, Stelios Giannakopoulos and Ivan Campo would have played for him at Bolton if he was the primitive pump it, hump it, thump it merchant a lot of media like to portray him as. That Bolton side ruffled a lot of fancy feathers, but they had a nice dose of steel to go in with all the silk.

I think that's fair. Often he's been drafted in to put out fires and that does require pragmatism. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allardyce was forward thinking in many things. I don't remember Dalglish getting stick for getting the ball forward early in his Blackburn title winning team.

Allardyce's problem was his ego. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this meant to be funny? If not then I dont see the point of it. If it is then it badly missed the mark and I dont see the point of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Allardyce was forward thinking in many things. I don't remember Dalglish getting stick for getting the ball forward early in his Blackburn title winning team.

Allardyce's problem was his ego. 

Allardyce was credited with being one of the first Premier League managers, if not the first, to promote sports science and modern training methods. His reputation of being a dinosaur is totally unfair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Allardyce was credited with being one of the first Premier League managers, if not the first, to promote sports science and modern training methods. His reputation of being a dinosaur is totally unfair.

Feel similarly about Hodgson- he was willing to go and work in various countries abroad to expand his knowledge which many managers wouldn't. I feel he gets the label just because of England really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Allardyce was credited with being one of the first Premier League managers, if not the first, to promote sports science and modern training methods. His reputation of being a dinosaur is totally unfair.

Allardyce did innovate at first - but then he just stopped and everyone else overtook him in that regard (a bit like Wenger at Arsenal in some ways). 

Big Sam just developed a huge chip on his shoulder and regressed further and further into a caricature of himself. Sean Dyche risks doing the same the way he is going.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, king canary said:

Feel similarly about Hodgson- he was willing to go and work in various countries abroad to expand his knowledge which many managers wouldn't. I feel he gets the label just because of England really.

Hodgson is great and it is a real shame that despite his and Delia’s close friendship he’s never been Norwich manager - although maybe having a friend as manager isn’t the wisest of decisions in some way. 

At least he’s has a positive influence on Norwich - recommending David McNally as Chief Exec when it was exactly who Norwich needed and also recommending Norwich sign Alex Tettey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kick it off said:

Is this meant to be funny? If not then I dont see the point of it. If it is then it badly missed the mark and I dont see the point of it.

Thank you for confirming you have no sense of hunour. 

But I get it, your mark is the benchmark. 

Wow what a narcissist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Hodgson is great and it is a real shame that despite his and Delia’s close friendship he’s never been Norwich manager - although maybe having a friend as manager isn’t the wisest of decisions in some way. 

At least he’s has a positive influence on Norwich - recommending David McNally as Chief Exec when it was exactly who Norwich needed and also recommending Norwich sign Alex Tettey. 

Delia already gets too close to our managers and that leads to issues when hard decisions need to be made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Delia already gets too close to our managers and that leads to issues when hard decisions need to be made.

Personally don't think that has been an issue for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Delia already gets too close to our managers and that leads to issues when hard decisions need to be made.

I'm not sure that's fair. Someone may be able to point at Worthington as possibly the only example?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I'm not sure that's fair. Someone may be able to point at Worthington as possibly the only example?

How about appointing Gunn permanently after taking us down to League One despite a relatively large (for Norwich) fan backlash?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Canary Wundaboy said:

How about appointing Gunn permanently after taking us down to League One despite a relatively large (for Norwich) fan backlash?

She equally let McNally sack him after one awful result in League One.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, hogesar said:

She equally let McNally sack him after one awful result in League One.

So do we credit Delia and MWJ for letting McNally sack him after it was proven he was way out of his depth, or criticise them for giving him the job in the first place, not sacking him when we were relegated, and then appointing him permanently for just a single game which resulted in a 7-1 defeat?

What about sacking Chris Hughton far too late only to promote "nice guy" Neil Adams from within rather than trying to get in an outside candidate with more experience to try and keep us up?

Edited by Canary Wundaboy
As Nuff Said pointed out, Adams was after Hughton, not Neil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

So do we credit Delia and MWJ for letting McNally sack him after it was proven he was way out of his depth, or criticise them for giving him the job in the first place, not sacking him when we were relegated, and then appointing him permanently for just a single game which resulted in a 7-1 defeat?

What about sacking Alex Neil far too late only to promote "nice guy" Neil Adams from within rather than trying to get in an outside candidate with more experience to try and keep us up?

You’d have more credibility with your posts if you got your facts right. Just saying 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the old weather house effect that Delia & MWJ are hidden for the decisions that work out but out in plain view and all over the ones that don't.

I guess having appointed four managers that got us promoted from the champs they must get something right. But was it them?

I also find it interesting that after John Bond in 1973 there were only the so-called 'little Norwich appointments' until 1998 and Bruce Rioch. Since 1998 there have been another 4 appointments with no previous connection to us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jerrykerry said:

Thank you for confirming you have no sense of hunour. 

But I get it, your mark is the benchmark. 

Wow what a narcissist. 

🤣🤣🤣 its not a lack of sense of humour mate, its the fact your "joke" is **** and pointless. Keep working on it, and you might be half decent by the time you're ready to move out of your mum's basement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

You’d have more credibility with your posts if you got your facts right. Just saying 😉

Fair point, got my order mixed up. Edited and credit given.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

So do we credit Delia and MWJ for letting McNally sack him after it was proven he was way out of his depth, or criticise them for giving him the job in the first place, not sacking him when we were relegated, and then appointing him permanently for just a single game which resulted in a 7-1 defeat?

What about sacking Chris Hughton far too late only to promote "nice guy" Neil Adams from within rather than trying to get in an outside candidate with more experience to try and keep us up?

So who employed Lambert? McNally or Delia?

Who sacked Chris Hughton too late? McNally or Delia?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, hogesar said:

So who employed Lambert? McNally or Delia?

Who sacked Chris Hughton too late? McNally or Delia?

McNally was responsible for the hiring and firing but ultimately would not have done so without the approval of the owners. I did not attempt to say that every decision the owners have ever made has been bad, merely that we have a track record of leaving under-performing manager sin place for too long compared to most other teams, and that Delia has been on record multiple times in the past praising how "nice" our managers are and that she takes to them personally, which you don't hear from owners of other football clubs that often. Hell, she was talking about Alex Neil being our manager for a decade straight after our Wembley win, while I was ecstatic about the result at the time all decisions about the manager should be purely results-driven and I sometimes think the owners lose sight of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

So who employed Lambert? McNally or Delia?

Who sacked Chris Hughton too late? McNally or Delia?

Answers in bold, and you're a silly boy for not knowing the answer. You've been around here long enough to know exactly how it works by now.

Bad decisions, performances and seasons: always Delia's fault.

Good decisions, performances and seasons: always the result of the manager, chief executive, DoF, kitman or tea lady. But certainly not Delia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hogesar said:

I'm not sure that's fair. Someone may be able to point at Worthington as possibly the only example?

I think you can argue appointing Gunn and Adams twice despite poor initial showings as caretakers suggested a level of clouded judgement based on over familiarity with the leadership. 

I also think the board took too long over getting rid of Neil and Hughton but I don't think that was due to overattachment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Answers in bold, and you're a silly boy for not knowing the answer. You've been around here long enough to know exactly how it works by now.

Bad decisions, performances and seasons: always Delia's fault.

Good decisions, performances and seasons: always the result of the manager, chief executive, DoF, kitman or tea lady. But certainly not Delia.

Sorry 😂

9 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

McNally was responsible for the hiring and firing but ultimately would not have done so without the approval of the owners. I did not attempt to say that every decision the owners have ever made has been bad, merely that we have a track record of leaving under-performing manager sin place for too long compared to most other teams, and that Delia has been on record multiple times in the past praising how "nice" our managers are and that she takes to them personally, which you don't hear from owners of other football clubs that often. Hell, she was talking about Alex Neil being our manager for a decade straight after our Wembley win, while I was ecstatic about the result at the time all decisions about the manager should be purely results-driven and I sometimes think the owners lose sight of that.

The reality is our entire board, Delia, McNally, whoever it might be, have made some good managerial decisions and some bad managerial decisions.

I do think overall they've made more good than bad for a club our size with our budget doesn't spend as many years in the prem as it has done otherwise.

You say they hold onto managers too long but equally other owners might have sacked Farke after his first season, certainly a lot of fans on here would have welcomed it. Thankfully they didn't and we were able to enjoy a fantastic season of football.

Edited by hogesar
sp
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

McNally was responsible for the hiring and firing but ultimately would not have done so without the approval of the owners. I did not attempt to say that every decision the owners have ever made has been bad, merely that we have a track record of leaving under-performing manager sin place for too long compared to most other teams, and that Delia has been on record multiple times in the past praising how "nice" our managers are and that she takes to them personally, which you don't hear from owners of other football clubs that often. Hell, she was talking about Alex Neil being our manager for a decade straight after our Wembley win, while I was ecstatic about the result at the time all decisions about the manager should be purely results-driven and I sometimes think the owners lose sight of that.

Adams left for Personal Reasons was Not sacked 

Also Deiia Got far to Close to Alex Neil & Family 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Adams left for Personal Reasons was Not sacked 

He stated his reason, he resigned because he wasn't very good.

"I feel it is in the best interests of the team that an immediate change is made in order to ensure a positive impact on results"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...