Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Fred

Todd Cantwell

6 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Heard today that he has signed a one year contract extension improved deal with a £40 million release clause! 

If true, maybe they will use him to announce new deal and new kit? 

10 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Heard today that he has signed a one year contract extension improved deal with a £40 million release clause! 

Richly deserved. 

So is it a new contract with an additional year? Or just a one year contract! I thought he had a few years left?

7 minutes ago, Indy said:

So is it a new contract with an additional year? Or just a one year contract! I thought he had a few years left?

I saw a graph a few weeks ago which had Cantwell down as our lowest paid player (not surprising as he was only a fringe play in the Championship season before) on a pittance for a Premier League player

I really hope so. Would be a huge boost for the new season and would make a strong point to our other youngsters. Cantwell at No.10 next season pulling the strings?

Good news. He was the only one who hadn't got at least a couple of years left. Is it possible in a couple of years that £40m might seem cheap?! If he continues to improve and if we get back into the prem relatively quickly it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Bearing in mind who the op is I think I’ll wait for something a bit more concrete 

Let’s wait to see an Uncle Fred and Todd shaking hands photo for confirmation. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Let’s wait to see an Uncle Fred and Todd shaking hands photo for confirmation. 

With or without gloves ?

1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

Won't make a blind bit of difference if someone comes in with say £25M before the window closes. A 'release clause' doesn't mean the club will automatically reject offers below that.  

Bet Lewis will be chuffed about that if his relegation clause has just kicked in.

Never known a club to go public about a release clause so soon. It's almost as they want someone to trigger it or bid close to it!

He's also going to wear alice bands emblazoned with gambling firms logos that flash and he's signed a lucrative glove sponsorship deal with Wetherspoons. 

............ or Fred is lying as usual

now which one ...............................thinks 🤔

All our youngsters Before they signed New Contracts were on Very low wages 

in the championship Aarrons Cantwell and lewis all were on Low Wages but Big bonuses 

i do not know exact figure but i know it was under 2k a week

as we won the league and were winning most weeks they were Very happy for a young player breaking through !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

All our youngsters Before they signed New Contracts were on Very low wages 

in the championship Aarrons Cantwell and lewis all were on Low Wages but Big bonuses 

i do not know exact figure but i know it was under 2k a week

as we won the league and were winning most weeks they were Very happy for a young player breaking through !

If they were on under 10K last season who could blame them if they ever want to leave soon. 

10 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

If they were on under 10K last season who could blame them if they ever want to leave soon. 

that was the championship season before , i do not know the EPL wages they got after new contracts 

But like you say 10 k or anything around that money i imagine they will jump ship and i do not blame them 

Also they would have had a drop in wages this season 

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Bet Lewis will be chuffed about that if his relegation clause has just kicked in.

Never known a club to go public about a release clause so soon. It's almost as they want someone to trigger it or bid close to it!

That’s possible and not necessarily a negative. 50 / 50 at best as to wether he will start or become Byrams understudy. We also have said any player not with us 100 % needs to say and in theory in his interviews he said that ‘ I had a taste and now I want more ‘.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Cantwell did sign a new contract. Out of all the ‘crown jewels’ he has the least amount of time on his current deal - it was also one that was signed before he jumped up a level in his development. Before pre-season last year he wasn’t expected to play a big role in the first team and potentially could have been loaned out, the contract will reflect that.

Can see him signing a new three year deal with a significant pay rise this summer. 

14 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Cantwell did sign a new contract. Out of all the ‘crown jewels’ he has the least amount of time on his current deal - it was also one that was signed before he jumped up a level in his development. Before pre-season last year he wasn’t expected to play a big role in the first team and potentially could have been loaned out, the contract will reflect that.

Can see him signing a new three year deal with a significant pay rise this summer. 

You seem to know some stuff BYG, what's your view on who will go?

This kind of thing suggests that Todd isn't and obviously Lewis could have but is still here and it's all relatively quiet on Aarons, Godfrey and Buendia.

I know it's still relatively early as the window is open now till October but gut feel?