Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Buendia

I remember hearing a few things about his "exploits" on nights out in the city and it wasn't good. At all.

2 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Really.. by who? Has he been arrested and for what? Frankly I think this is unsubstantiated rumours and gossip

He wasn't arrested in this incident (it was one of his entourage), but it basically confirmed that he used to go out drinking and behave like a kn ob...

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/james-maddison-court-15056461

Edited by cornish sam

4 hours ago, seanthecanary said:

I also am struggling to think of top championship players with no proven PL experience that go for more than that. 

Mc Burnie was pretty close and he's not half the player.

9 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Not before time, I think we are catching on.

yep, we certainly got 'tucked up' with the sale of both Murphys, didn't we  🙄

5 hours ago, cornish sam said:

He wasn't arrested in this incident (it was one of his entourage), but it basically confirmed that he used to go out drinking and behave like a kn ob...

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/james-maddison-court-15056461

So a friend of Maddison punches someone and he has a massive problem. You go out drinking? He doesn't have an issue has never been arrested and probably acts like 99.9% of people his age... but he is a ****...

3 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

So a friend of Maddison punches someone and he has a massive problem. You go out drinking? He doesn't have an issue has never been arrested and probably acts like 99.9% of people his age... but he is a ****...

To quote from the story:

John Morgans, prosecuting, asked Cadby if Mr Maddison had showed other people his £800 shoes that night.

Cadby said he had done so in Mantra nightclub, and that Mr Maddison had "got into disputes" with people on nights out before.

"He may bring up how much he earns, how much his trainers are worth, that he's a professional footballer," Cadby said.

"He does tend to boast quite a lot."

In a line of questioning whereby the implication was that Maddison had instigated the arguement his mate weighed into. So yes, he used to go out drinking and act like a bit of a kn ob.

When Maddison drinks, he switches from a lovely young man into a kn ob.

We know that from seeing his actions whenever he went out drinking in Norwich.

That's public knowledge. 

Loads of players are knobs. Someone I went to uni with worked at Delias for a bit and said Grant Holt was insufferable for instance.

• Like 1

So young man in boosting shock....hang him.... meanwhile Man Utd are interested...and Leicester have given him a massive pay rise...must be terrible to work with....

4 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

So young man in boosting shock....hang him.... meanwhile Man Utd are interested...and Leicester have given him a massive pay rise...must be terrible to work with....

More about his abilities when on the pitch, that, let's be honest.

We all heard the stories about Maddison. Yes he does plenty of nice things around football and says the right things, but acts like a t wat every time he has a drink inside of him.

I went right off him after he left. Good player, undoubtedly. That'll be why Leicester want to keep him and Man U are allegedly interested. But some people in NCFC land give Todd dogs abuse for his hair, the way he's played, a photo he's put on IG. Let me tell you now, Madders is even worse when it comes to showing off.

Maybe he'll regret it in a few years, maybe not, but it won't matter to him because he'll already be rich beyond any of our wildest dreams at that point. 

3 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

More about his abilities when on the pitch, that, let's be honest.

We all heard the stories about Maddison. Yes he does plenty of nice things around football and says the right things, but acts like a t wat every time he has a drink inside of him.

I went right off him after he left. Good player, undoubtedly. That'll be why Leicester want to keep him and Man U are allegedly interested. But some people in NCFC land give Todd dogs abuse for his hair, the way he's played, a photo he's put on IG. Let me tell you now, Madders is even worse when it comes to showing off.

Maybe he'll regret it in a few years, maybe not, but it won't matter to him because he'll already be rich beyond any of our wildest dreams at that point. 

I don't know, some of my dreams are pretty wild.

• Haha 2

Most young footballers are too young to handle their leval of disposable income. Perhaps they might behave like a bit of a kn ob from time to time, but didn't we all at their age? Just when we do it no-one else is interested. As long as they're not forcibly using their knobs, who cares?

Unfortunately some of the best footballers the world has ever seen; Maradonna, Messi for example, are hardly shining lights elsewhere.

28 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Most young footballers are too young to handle their leval of disposable income. Perhaps they might behave like a bit of a kn ob from time to time, but didn't we all at their age? Just when we do it no-one else is interested. As long as they're not forcibly using their knobs, who cares?

Unfortunately some of the best footballers the world has ever seen; Maradonna, Messi for example, are hardly shining lights elsewhere.

At the risk of taking this even further off topic, there are lots of elite footballers you could've chosen instead of Messi, who is generally one of the more down-to-earth, humble ones all things considered.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Yeah I suppose it's the way. All I'm saying is that it's funny how some fan boy over Madders but have had things to say about Todd, for example, which I feel are pretty out of line. Haven't heard any stories about him, Aarons, Lewis et al spitting on bar maids or getting in fights. 

3 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

At the risk of taking this even further off topic, there are lots of elite footballers you could've chosen instead of Messi, who is generally one of the more down-to-earth, humble ones all things considered.

Tax-dodger though hint he?

1 minute ago, Fr. Chewy Louie said:

That's the only real stick you can beat him with, and considering that I doubt top players manage their own finances and that most of La Liga's top players over the last decade have fallen foul of this, I imagine it is the players' advisors who have been using loopholes for many years and it has now caught up with them.

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

That's the only real stick you can beat him with, and considering that I doubt top players manage their own finances and that most of La Liga's top players over the last decade have fallen foul of this, I imagine it is the players' advisors who have been using loopholes for many years and it has now caught up with them.

It's true, the only stick to beat him with is the multi-million euro fraud he committed.

• Haha 1

Just now, Fr. Chewy Louie said:

It's true, the only stick to beat him with is the multi-million euro fraud he committed.

In the grand scheme of things, that's actually pretty good going for an elite footballer. 

But like I said, Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar, Javier Mascherano, Diego Costa, Jose Mourinho and others have all been done by the Spanish taxman over the past few years. Whilst obviously it is ultimately the player's responsibility, the fact that so many of these multi-millionaire footballers, who probably know little to nothing about taxes and financial regulations, have been charged with tax evasion means that the people who look after the finances have either been giving them poor advice or using loopholes that were deemed illegal. I doubt any of the players on that list evaded tax intentionally, it was probably just a case of their supposedly expert financial advisor telling them what was best to save money and they said, "yeah, OK".

16 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

It is possible to be young, loaded , have a few drinks  and not be a knobbber. Believe it or not, it's not compulsory  or even mandatory. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

In the grand scheme of things, that's actually pretty good going for an elite footballer. 

But like I said, Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar, Javier Mascherano, Diego Costa, Jose Mourinho and others have all been done by the Spanish taxman over the past few years. Whilst obviously it is ultimately the player's responsibility, the fact that so many of these multi-millionaire footballers, who probably know little to nothing about taxes and financial regulations, have been charged with tax evasion means that the people who look after the finances have either been giving them poor advice or using loopholes that were deemed illegal. I doubt any of the players on that list evaded tax intentionally, it was probably just a case of their supposedly expert financial advisor telling them what was best to save money and they said, "yeah, OK".

Ignorance is no defence in the eyes of the law.

That’s what the judge told me anyway.

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Ignorance is no defence in the eyes of the law.

Obviously, which is why they were all charged.

But these players are all young men with a low level of education who ended up with tens of millions in their bank accounts aged in their 20s. I highly doubt any of them were able to manage their own accounts, comprising of several multi-million pound contacts, or file their own tax returns, and I doubt any of them researched obscure contract laws surrounding image rights and offshore tax havens themselves.

They obviously trusted professional financial advisors to manage their finances and those advisors clearly pushed the boundaries too far and have left several top La Liga players with suspended prison sentences. 

46 minutes ago, Fr. Chewy Louie said:

1 hour ago, Fr. Chewy Louie said:

Pretty desparate if you want to find sticks to beat someone with when I suspect you've never actually come out and said how refreshing it is to see a bloke play such amazing football with a smile on his face most of the time, refuse to cheat or dive to the deck despite all the fouls against him, he doesn't winge or disrespect referees like many others, accepts decisions and seems to stay well out of the limelight and what an absolute privilage it's been to watch the guy play football for the past 14/15 years.   None of that, let's find a stick instead.

Now what's a tax fraud allegation that you have no clue as to the circumstances got to do with acting a **** and being bigheaded in a boozer?      Where's the comparison.     Essentially, what''s the point of that argument?    

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Pretty desparate if you want to find sticks to beat someone with when I suspect you've never actually come out and said how refreshing it is to see a bloke play such amazing football with a smile on his face most of the time, refuse to cheat or dive to the deck despite all the fouls against him, he doesn't winge or disrespect referees like many others, accepts decisions and seems to stay well out of the limelight and what an absolute privilage it's been to watch the guy play football for the past 14/15 years.   None of that, let's find a stick instead.

Now what's a tax fraud allegation that you have no clue as to the circumstances got to do with acting a **** and being bigheaded in a boozer?      Where's the comparison.     Essentially, what''s the point of that argument?    

Seen him live a couple of times... Everytime he got the ball the ground lifted... He is one special player. No excuse but the tax issues were down to his advisors whom he did not keep an eye on... Ie his Dad

This  Madders is a twerp  convo has got me thinking.  I wonder, given DFs fairly rigorous  training and his Germanic way if the current academy students and other young players have been told in no uncertain terms about their behaviour  when not actually at work. I played against lots of reserve and under 23 sides in the Dortmund /Paderborn/ Beilefeld area and those young guys were seriously focused, no messing , little or no backchat to referees etc. The after match drinks were an eye opener  too, those players, though given access to alcohol , mostly stuck to minerals  or 1small beer and then onto water etc.Very disciplined indeed.This was early eighties though so things may have changed. I hope DF has brought some of that with him  , as in the long run it will serve us well as a Club. 

25 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Not sure why tax-fraud (4m Euros worth) gets a pass compared to other forms of crime? He's obviously an amazing footballer, probably the best ever, and wonderful to watch. Does that mean he gets to do a free crime or two? 

The point was that it's not entirely correct to portray him as an absolute model of what a footballer or human should be. Pointing out that he committed a major financial crime isn't finding a stick to beat him with, it's a fact, and relevant to the context.

Incidentally it's not an allegation, he and his father were found guilty and convicted.

3 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Seen him live a couple of times... Everytime he got the ball the ground lifted... He is one special player. No excuse but the tax issues were down to his advisors whom he did not keep an eye on... Ie his Dad

Yep, guilty  only of not being 'on the ball ' so to speak with his own tax affairs ......and who could blame an average  guy for not knowing that stuff, it's what we pay accountants for.