Sign in to follow this  
Wymondham Canaries

This seasons kit

2 minutes ago, NCFCInnit said:

Shame it's still an undesirable, free walking billboard for a bookie. Otherwise it's a classy look.

Buy and adult & child one, cut out the sponsorship from the childs one and sew it to the adult one.

Problem solved. 😀

22 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Shame the letters look so odd

In what way? I think the effect is quite nice, also a bit funky without making it difficult to actually read.

SmartSelect_20200815-192022_Facebook.jpg

Edited by South Sider

🤮

Damn that looks bad, I thought the basic look was pretty unimaginative and not particuarly appealing, but having now seen the lettering, it's an absolute mess IMHO.

Still, they can't please everyone, and in truth, it's the results on the pitch that are most relevant rather than what kit we're wearing.

Don't like the surrender white bit. Don't think I'll bother, especially if some of the season will be BCD, or I can't get a ticket.

Went and had a look today with my lad. He hasn’t had a new one for a couple of seasons . 

Way better in the flesh , as others have said the yellow is brighter than in the press release and the green numbers are well funky.

12 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yelow and green is hideous?

The shirt is horrible. And the numbers and letters look turd. Prefer last season shirt 

13 hours ago, South Sider said:

In what way? I think the effect is quite nice, also a bit funky without making it difficult to actually read.

SmartSelect_20200815-192022_Facebook.jpg

I like it, always prefer plain kits to over designed rubbish kits, but have to agree the lettering is awful, if I had one definitely wouldn’t have any lettering added to it. Is that Badu sport part of the back? Why mess it up, probably more sponsorship money! But not a bad kit at all, nice clean kit.

13 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yelow and green is hideous?

The shirt is horrible. And the numbers and letters look turd. Prefer last season shirt 

Letters and numbers look like my 3 year old wrote them

3 hours ago, Ward 3 said:

Letters and numbers look like my 3 year old wrote them

Scathing.

Although whislt I appreciate different people have different taste, how can a relatively plain yellow shirt, which we've had many versions of, be deemed 'horrible'?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, South Sider said:

Scathing.

Although whislt I appreciate different people have different taste, how can a relatively plain yellow shirt, which we've had many versions of, be deemed 'horrible'?

OK maybe the fronts not too bad, but its the faded lines, badu sport on the back and the letters and numbers.... May grow to like it more.....

2 hours ago, South Sider said:

how can a relatively plain yellow shirt, which we've had many versions of, be deemed 'horrible'?

Because unlike the many other versions we've had (particularly in recent seasons), the changes are what makes it look bad.

I detest the style and shape of lettering and numbers on the back, the Badu sponsor is simply plonked on there and again doesn't look good, and WTF are those weird pinstripe patterns that make it look like someone really wanted stripes but daren't add them???

For me it's the worst kit we've had in the past decade (beating even the mediocre 15/16 and 17/18 kits), and probably my least favourite overall since 1992!

The club aren't in control of the 'style and shape of lettering and numbers on the back', that is an EFL decision - so it's a bit harsh to knock the club because of that.  They don't design the kit to make sure the numbers look good on it.

Exactly, the numbers design is not a club decision. Now,  having seen the U23 highlights, I can say it makes our players look taller, a not insignificant competitive advantage over last years “we are green Hobbits” nonsense. 

Edited by Surfer

Not keen. Literally a carbon copy of the Holty era kit, and just too plain.. and not class for me. 

Quite liked our championship winning shirt, even though the Leovegas logo looked naff. 

In general though Errea kits have been disappointing. Often strangely fitting and questionable designs. But the most disappointing thing is the quality of the kits. Loose threads and poor stitching a common theme, and a very delicate (cheap probably the more appropriate word) material. 

I wouldn't want a Adidas / Nike / Puma kit, but manufacturers like Hummel, Macron and Kappa are producing some lovely kits. The new Everton kit, both home and away, is an example of a plain kit that oozes class. Shame we're tied in with Errea for so long.