NeymarSmith

Tindell at Bournemouth

Sorry to post this late as this isn't new news. And sorry if it this has already been spoken about as cannot see it anywhere but...

What do we think of them appointing tindell as manager? 

And for those who say we don't care because this is a Norwich city discussion page then I say- are you not glad to see Eddie Howe gone, as I feel they would be our main rivals to promotion. 

I have a feeling Watford will go into free fall (in as much as not push for the top six)

Thoughts

I know nothing about him but it seems as if they want to keep the disruption of Howe leaving as minimal as possible.It is similar to how our system should work, a smooth transition rather than a complete overhaul . Sensible decision, although I'm sure a few will be calling it tinpot.

Don't know anything about him,

Would imagine he needs to hit the ground running,

A slow start will have the locals crying a lack of ambition.

Postive for us a I think, a unknown rookie manager at a club with high expectations.

• Like 1

rival ?

dear god, they haven't a pot to pee in

£100m plus in debt, a wage bill over £110m and still nearly £80m owed to others on transfers .... as of June 2019

they have kept Eddies mates, because they cannot afford to pay them off

an affect lesson on the dangers of living on 'tick

the bills now have to be paid.... on a budget that will be below £30m in total, with around 90% of that being parachute payments

12 hours ago, Bill said:

rival ?

dear god, they haven't a pot to pee in

£100m plus in debt, a wage bill over £110m and still nearly £80m owed to others on transfers .... as of June 2019

they have kept Eddies mates, because they cannot afford to pay them off

an affect lesson on the dangers of living on 'tick

the bills now have to be paid.... on a budget that will be below £30m in total, with around 90% of that being parachute payments

But they do have a rich Russian oligarch as an owner so that might help. 

Well it's certainly worked for us.....Bruce Rioch replaced by Brian 'Blarney Meister' Hamilton for starters.....We certainly came on leaps and bounds during 'Blarney's' tenure...Oh yeah.....

16 hours ago, Herman said:

I know nothing about him but it seems as if they want to keep the disruption of Howe leaving as minimal as possible.It is similar to how our system should work, a smooth transition rather than a complete overhaul . Sensible decision, although I'm sure a few will be calling it tinpot.

Tbh I guess because of his length of time there it makes more sense to them. Although I'm sure as people have said on the thread money must be the main factor.

I'd say if we lost farke, or sacked him, and then appointed Eddie reimer (and no disrespect here to him) I would be underwhelmed. 

What about you guys?

How about if (and a big if) we were mid table by Xmas, and the club sacked DF and bought in Eddie Howe, would we be happy. 

*Disclaimer. I'm not calling for Daniel farke to be sacked. I love him, think he is brillaint. 

... Although if I was calling for him to be sack now and for us to get Eddie Howe in, then surely I'd be the earliest fan ever to call for the managers head in pre -pre season! And on this message board, that is some accolade 🙎‍♂️

I think they're a weaker team with him at the helm than with Howe. But that said I wasn't surprised Howe left, you could see how tired and deflated he looked after relegation, everyone needs a break now and again.

I honestly can't think of a time in recent memory when promoting the assistant has worked. Worthington here but can't think of many others.

I doubt this is any reason to underestimate them.

They have one roll of the dice to make it back up.

They have a sufficient depth of squad and a manager who knows the players and their style of play. What they are obviously not going to do is to reinvent their footballing approach. 

Much depends on the mind set and beliefs of players who are left.

If they are mentally strong enough as a group to accept relegation and immediately get on the front foot, then they can still be strong title contenders. 

They have built a side based on genuine footballing credentials, rather than on a muscular defense. These types of teams can be highly effective in Championship football.  

They might fly or they might implode. It's all down to whatever is in the minds of the players who remain.

In some ways the desperate nature of their situation could work in their favour. 

Edited by Bonzo

21 minutes ago, Walcombe canary said:

Mike Walker did quite well

King Canary and I both said 'recent'. Back in the 70s, 80s and 90s it seemed to work.

Bit football changes and evolves all the time, and nearly all internal appointments in the past decade or two, certainly in top couple of divisions, have failed badly.

On 10/08/2020 at 18:30, Bill said:

You appear to be counting that £80m twice.

Why? 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You appear to be counting that £80m twice.

Why? 

The absence of a reply suggests  he is researching his answer. Which will of course  prove he was right all along. 

• Haha 1

Football certainly does change. Bristol City have a wealthy owner, and are doing the same by announcing their Assistant Coach as Head Coach. Some very unhappy Robins Fans with this appointment.

I honestly think with the quality of their squad they should get promoted automatically, and easily. Go through their squad player by player, it’s ridiculous at the moment and their wage bill will reflect that. Of course they might sell a few but they still will have a fantastic squad for the Championship. For me it’s comparable to when Newcastle got relegated a few seasons ago.

And then they have a Russian billionaire who could write off any debt at a moments notice.

Thought I'd weigh in. I'll ignore the oddball and his misleading numbers and focus only on Tindall.

I'm frankly very disappointed. If Howe had stayed I would have been very confident of play offs at the minimum. When Howe left they had an opportunity to bring in some new ideas to a squad that contains a lot of quality but instead it looks like we'll get Howe-lite. So more of the same only not as good which isn't an encouraging recipe.

Tindall doesn't strike me as manager material and I really worry for us now. I'd almost be happy to take a top half finish at this moment since if it goes wrong we could genuinely tumble as other clubs have before. However, I've also made a lot of bad calls when watching football down the years so I might have the guy totally wrong and it could be he does a great job. I hope so but I'm worried.

The squad is strong and has the depth to take most of the inevitable departures apart from up front where we will definitely need a very good player to come in and fill the boots King and Wilson leave. As you know, new strikers can bomb so this will be Tindall's first big test.

Oh, and for what it's worth we don't have a billionaire owner. Wealthy absolutely but he isn't a billionaire.

" misleading numbers " ?

oh dear, yet another clueless numpty

the figures I used were taken from AFCBs accounts, as of June 2019

https://financialfootballnews.com/afc-bournemouth-2019-finances-costly-survival/

so do feel free to point out how they differ from what the club accounts state

and maybe ponder on the suggestion that the back room deadbeats who have been kept on, are there because there is not the money to replace them

Mentioning the wage bill before the across the board (excluding Ake who has since been sold) relegation wage reduction is misleading.

Mentioning the wage bill without mentioning that Ake, Boruc, Defoe, Fraser, Ibe, B Smith and H Wilson can definitely already be taken from it and possibly also Francis, Daniels and Surman who are all out of contract with no news yet if they will be offered new ones is misleading.

Mentioning the transfer debt without mentioning that we've already pulled in over £40 million in fees this summer and, let's be honest, with more likely to come is misleading.

All you're doing is quoting figures from June 2019 as if they were the now in order to try and mislead without acknowledging there are already some significant changes there.

You have a predefined position and only wish to consider things that back that up and ignore everything else.

If the only thing we're going to consider is what the accounts show in June 2019 should I also argue that we have around £120m in tv revenue? No, that would be ridiculous because there's an obvious change since then. Like all of the above.

Why would you give a three year contract to Tindall when he only had one year left on his previous contract if you were desperate to get him off the wage bill?

Edited by Will Dance For Chocolate
  • Thanks 1

So me quoting AFCB 2019 accounts, and stating they are as such is ....... misleading /

Now run along sonny, and stop trying to defend your silly little clubs over spending

ps before you go, do explain to our own two numpties why money owed as debt is a different figure to money owed in transfer payments - they/ll only get upset if I explain, better coming from 'one of their own' so to speak

8 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

My god, you've been here less than a week and you've sussed him already. Colour me impressed.

priceless 🤣

ps I've got a few million in a Nigerian bank, you sound the sort who would be interested

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

ps I've got a few million in a Nigerian bank, you sound the sort who would be interested

Not stolen  French Beer tokens then?

a comment on the not to bright and, as like pavlovs dogs, up pops one

now, any chance of explaining why you don't know the difference between AFCB's debt and what is owed on transfers

ps I hope you weren't kept awake with that noise from Rennes stadium in the early hours of this morning 😉