Sign in to follow this  
Michael Starr

Marvin Ducksch

Marvin Ducksch, German striker, linked to Norwich and Coventry today on German TalkSport equivalent radio station. Anybody know anything whatsoever about him? I found a wiki page.

Edited by Michael Starr

17 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Marvin Ducksch, German striker, linked to Norwich and Coventry today on German TalkSport equivalent radio station. Anybody know anything whatsoever about him? I found a wiki page.

We wanted to buy him in 2018 but he chose to stay in Germany. He is a decent striker.

"It appears they are now looking at alternatives with Brondby striker Teemo Pukki and Maribor forward Luka Zahovic mentioned as alternatives".

Interesting to think that Pukki wasn't necessarily our first choice! 

Farke worked with him for a year at Dortmund and he had one of his best seasons under him. Scored 15 in 28 that season. Seems to average about 1 in 3 over his career. Scored 15 in 28 last season too (+6 assists) in German championship.

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

Would he wish to come here and not be a nailed on starter? Unless we change to two upfront?

Any idea what he would cost?

Don't know much about him personally, but since leaving Dortmund II four years ago, he's played for St Pauli, was loaned out to Holstein Kiel, then sold to Dusseldorf, and then sold to Hannover. Seems to be a prolific goalscorer in the second tier, but hasn't settled at one club despite being relatively clinical. Not sure if that's an attitude thing, or just chance? As Hanover will be in the second tier again next season, he may be a reasonable target for us... 6'2", scoring goals in the second tier... sounds like an upgraded version of Srbeny. Valued at 1.8m by Transfermarkt, so guessing around 3m might be a fair fee?

Edited by Feedthewolf

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Don't know much about him personally, but since leaving Dortmund II four years ago, he's played for St Pauli, was loaned out to Holstein Kiel, then sold to Dusseldorf, and then sold to Hannover. Seems to be a prolific goalscorer in the second tier, but hasn't settled at one club despite being relatively clinical. Not sure if that's an attitude thing, or just chance? As Hanover will be in the second tier again next season, he may be a reasonable target for us... 6'2", scoring goals in the second tier... sounds like an upgraded version of Srbeny.

An upgrade to Srbeny?, so he is more Plantation Park than Sloughbottom Park?.......

• Haha 1

Can't see it happening. Can understand why we might have been interested 2 years ago, after he had a decent season in Bundesliga 2 and ended up moving to the Bundesliga. Career hasn't improved since then, and Webber said that we only want players who genuinely improve the team and could play in the Premiership.

59 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

An upgrade to Srbeny?, so he is more Plantation Park than Sloughbottom Park?.......

Well he's certainly no Ji-Sung Park.

• Haha 1

Just for reference, if you come across a player in Germany, use the kicker.de website to have a look at him. They're generally quite good at marking player performances and use a scale from 1 (awesome) to 6 (atrocious). As a rough rule of thumb, if they're averaging below 3, they're doing very well indeed that season.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Actually, here we go. Just called him up on there.

https://www.kicker.de/ducksch-marvin-57247/spieler/2-bundesliga/2020-21/hannover-96-58

His average mark ("Note" in German) is 3.54. That's above average (they generally use 4 as average), but not necessarily outstanding.

Srbeny gets a 3.87. Not much of an improvement.

Edited by Feedthewolf

Srbeny was in the Bundesliga in a struggling Paderborn team as opposed to Ducksch being in a Hannover 96 team that should be amongst the front-runners in the 2. Bundesliga.

What is telling, when looking back at earlier seasons, Ducksch was over 4 in the Bundesliga. (Just call up earlier seasons, marks are noted there). He may well not be an improvement on Srbeny.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

I'd contribute to the fee to get Srbeny back, if only for the fun of watching some peoples' reaction. Mentioning no names.

That's an interesting idea. Which would be the player to get back that would generate the biggest negative reaction?

Snodgrass would be funny, purely for Lakey's reaction. He'd probably self-combust. 😉  😂

RVW would certainly generate plenty of comment.

Going back a little bit, maybe Mark Fotheringham? He's still playing, and we never did get to see the Fozzy Flick.

22 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

I'd contribute to the fee to get Srbeny back, if only for the fun of watching some peoples' reaction. Mentioning no names.

Srbeny suffered from not being Teemu Pukki, basically. He didn't hit the ground running, Pukki did, and that was that.

• Like 1

Ducksch 1 in 16 in the Bundesliga, Srbeny 5 in 17. 

No thanks. I assume we're linked because his agent in making moves and we have been linked in the past, I doubt we're still interested in him. 

Would love to sign someone established in the English game and who we have heard of!

Delia out stinking rich Chinese owner in 

14 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Can I be the first to say I’d rather have Donald Ducksch?

😄

And may I be the first to say [your wife is a babe*] that I hope we don’t get our Ducksch in a row

*for all you Wayne Campbell fans. ... Oh, that’s just me then 

2 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Would love to sign someone established in the English game and who we have heard of!

Delia out stinking rich Chinese owner in 

I have only been to China in the winter, but I didn't find the Chinese to be smelly at all - neither in a good or bad way, but this was a very long time ago so I guess things may be different now. I found the food difficult and hated all the gobbing (the sound and the brimming spittoons on every hotel corridor.

Well i suppose lots of names will be mentioned but he seems to have the experience and ability to do a job in the championship. assuming Pukki stays and that cannot be taken for granted we need 3 or 4 strikers of varying types to allow us to  change tactics. At 6ft 2 ins and a big strong lad he would allow us to go direct if need be and be a threat in the air, on many occasions he could compliment Pukki rather than bean alternative. No point having good fast wingers if we do not have people in the box to put it away. I do not know what fee we would be talking about but i suspect we are not looking to pay more that a couple of million so may fit the bill, time will tell

2 hours ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

I have only been to China in the winter, but I didn't find the Chinese to be smelly at all - neither in a good or bad way, but this was a very long time ago so I guess things may be different now. I found the food difficult and hated all the gobbing (the sound and the brimming spittoons on every hotel corridor.

Or persistent gobbing  into plastic cup on a 12 hr train journey.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Unless he is as good as Chris Waddle

Oh dear lord, please tell me this isn't setting the level for this week...🤡