Have it on good information that Teemu' s wife and child are back in Finland.Not a good situation for him to deal with. Would love him to stay but you have to wonder if he would be happy with that scenario.

6 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Have it on good information that Teemu' s wife and child are back in Finland.Not a good situation for him to deal with. Would love him to stay but you have to wonder if he would be happy with that scenario.

Teemu is an interesting one.  Does he have the ambition to do another championship campaign and hope we strike gold again and then give the PL another go?  Would he prefer to have a go at the PL again with another club if an offer comes in?  Has the covid situation affected his thoughts and his family such as he would prefer to go home, maybe to a Finnish side? Or would he like go to somewhere else abroad to get a couple of years on big pay before going home. I guess we won't know until next season, but if he does go, we will miss his whole game - his goal scoring, which when he is on form he makes look so easy, his assists for others, his ability at running and holding on to the ball, his work for the team and his likeable and humble character. He is definitely one of my all time favourites as an all round footballer for those reasons and really hope he stays. 

It's not unusual for players' wives to go back to their home country when having a kid. Closer to support network etc.

It's not that uncommon for normal folk (i.e. non-footballers) who are away from their home country to go back home to have the baby. Finland is famously excellent for new babies and it could be that Mrs Pukki wants to be close to her own family at what is a difficult for any new parent. 

There is no way Pukki will want to move to a Finnish side (or there is any Finnish side out there that could possibly be able to sign Pukki). 

Yes, I can’t really see what this has to do with NCFC; the chances of him going to Finland to play are pretty slim (in affordability terms alone - their league isn’t exactly wealthy), so unless he gives up entirely he will be playing ‘abroad’, and playing in England for travel links is as good as anywhere. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

22 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

There is no way Pukki will want to move to a Finnish side (or there is any Finnish side out there that could possibly be able to sign Pukki). 

Pretty much what I was going to say. 

Regardless of whether Pukki is playing for Norwich, Leeds, Besiktas or anyone else, it isn't going to change the fact his family are in Finland.

1 hour ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Well he did say in a Norwich interview prior the restart that his family had gone back to Finland. Not sure how it is a major revelation now?

These are strange and worrying times , so doesn’t seem particularly odd to me that Mrs Pukki would want to be home with family in Finland. He has to be here . 
If I was Teemu , by far the most important thing on my football horizon would be playing my best for Finland in the Euros . So I’d want to be playing every week leading up to that . Playing successful Championship football was good enough to get them to qualify , so I dearly hope he stays here .Where he’s loved . If we stick by each other , I honestly think both Norwich and Pukki can have another successful Championship season and he can have a great Euros . 

Teemu , it’s sorted !