Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Are cricketers stupid?

Great result. How much more fun would that have been with a late Saturday evening Old Trafford crowd?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Herman said:

England just won.

Did Gazza play well? 😉😇 are they all knackered now?

Edited by wcorkcanary

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Did Gazza play well? 😉😇

He was great. Scored a couple of home runs and converted a drop goal😀

1 minute ago, Herman said:

He was great. Scored a couple of home runs and converted a drop goal😀

Excellent, though I had a fiver on him to win in straight sets.  Cant win em all I suppose, main thing is the result , does the  team have sufficient  investment to  get promoted next  season? 

10 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Excellent, though I had a fiver on him to win in straight sets.  Cant win em all I suppose, main thing is the result , does the  team have sufficient  investment to  get promoted next  season? 

No promotion, Corkio

But if we win the series  we will be in next years Americas Cup🤗

Edited by How I Wrote Elastic Man
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It’s a beautiful game and very exciting. Have you ever shouted shoot when a forward is in on goal?

I think when watching shot-shy Norwich the phrase " FFS just hit the ****ing thing " sounds better but I get your drift 🙂

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

3 hours ago, Badger said:

Fantastic - you just can't beat a game of test cricket like that! 😄

Football is fun, and means more to more people, but a good test match - one where fortunes ebb and flow - is the ultimate.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Football is fun, and means more to more people, but a good test match - one where fortunes ebb and flow - is the ultimate.

Absolutely. For pure sporting theatre you can’t beat a great test match or a great Ryder Cup IMO

9 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Watching England v Pakistan. Why do the players shout "catch it" when the ball goes in the air? Do they think their team mates don't know the rules? Surely it can't help with concentration when people are screaming at you when you're about to try and catch the ball. 

Stupid game. When does football start again? 

I often wonder why do the fans at Carrow Road shout "shoot" when Alex Tettey has the ball 30 yards from goal? Do they think Tettey doesn't know the rules?. Surely it can't help with concentration when 20,000 people are screaming at you when you're about to try and hit the target. 

• Haha 2

The American golf fans that shout "get in the hole!" after every shot, even a drive on a par five, surely take the win in this particular competition?

Alternatively, those in any sport who shout "come on!". Do they think the person they're shouting at has forgotten they're in a sporting event and might be about to sit down and take a nap?