1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Not forgetting 2 F.A cup semi finals and a run in Europe. They were truly awful seasons at Carrow road. 

2 FA Cup semis and a couple of winning rounds in Europe would struggle to get us into the top 26 too.

For me, I enjoy watching Norwich win things. I'd take winning at Wembley over any amount of your losing FA cup semi-finals. I'd take winning the league over every one of your also ran seasons. So that just leaves two season out of 118 where we challenged to win the top division. And in those we finished 3rd and 4th.

Just now, nutty nigel said:

2 FA Cup semis and a couple of winning rounds in Europe would struggle to get us into the top 26 too.

For me, I enjoy watching Norwich win things. I'd take winning at Wembley over any amount of your losing FA cup semi-finals. I'd take winning the league over every one of your also ran seasons. So that just leaves two season out of 118 where we challenged to win the top division. And in those we finished 3rd and 4th.

Winning the 2nd tier league compared to finishing 3rd,4th and 5th in the top flight? Fair enough if that’s what does it for you personally.

10 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Winning the 2nd tier league compared to finishing 3rd,4th and 5th in the top flight? Fair enough if that’s what does it for you personally.

It's not my fault you cant read. Winning the league, even league one, is better than your celebrated also ran seasons. The only two seasons where we made any attempt to win the top division we finished 3rd and 4th. I really enjoyed those but twice in 118 years would hardly get us into the top 50 would it? 

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

It's not my fault you cant read. Winning the league, even league one, is better than your celebrated also ran seasons. The only two seasons where we made any attempt to win the top division we finished 3rd and 4th. I really enjoyed those but twice in 118 years would hardly get us into the top 50 would it? 

Have a super afternoon Nutty, I’d rather stare at the sun than play your game. 

54 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Not forgetting 2 F.A cup semi finals and a run in Europe. They were truly awful seasons at Carrow road. 

Could we squeeze Wembley in 1985 into that ?

14 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Could we squeeze Wembley in 1985 into that ?

Of course you can. Just tag 1996 on the other end. 

Edited by nutty nigel

Same old same old, those who think Saint Delia time in charge is the bestest ever, others think top flight football with a top flight trophy win, two semi FA cup finals and European football is far more to boast about, I have to agree with the latter, as successful as a league one win and a couple Championship wins are they don’t compare to the previous seasons! We’ll each to their own I say! I enjoyed them all!👍💚💛🍻

Edited by Indy

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Same old same old, those who think Saint Delia time in charge is the bestest ever, others think top flight football with a top flight trophy win, two semi FA cup finals and European football is far more to boast about, I have to agree with the latter, as successful as a league one win and a couple Championship wins are they don’t compare to the previous seasons! We’ll each to their own I say! I enjoyed them all!👍💚💛🍻

That's just you putting forward both sides and arguing with yourself.🙃

That's just you putting forward both sides and arguing with yourself.🙃

Unlike you who would write off our best seasons as they weren’t under your favourite owner nutty!😂👍

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Indy said:

Unlike you who would write off our best seasons as they weren’t under your favourite owner nutty!😂👍

I'm still wondering where you go to boast about coming 3rd and 4th and losing two cup semis? You might get away with it on AccringtonStanley.com

😂👍

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I'm still wondering where you go to boast about coming 3rd and 4th and losing two cup semis? You might get away with it on AccringtonStanley.com

😂👍

So winning the third division is on par with winning the milk cup! With your logic, I think I’d boast about finishing four in the top league then winning the championship play off game! But as above each to their own opinions! 

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Of course you can. Just tag 1996 on the other end. 

Ah yes the start of the barren years.

15 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Nutty in a minority of 1 shocker. 

No, No, No, like field of dreams, If You Defender Her, They Will Come! Nutty to be fair has always stood by this view and I respect him for it, I might not agree but he’s a good guy and deserves to be treated with respect. Others will come along soon.....👍💚💛

We’re all united behind our club even if our opinions are different.....

Edited by Indy

4 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Disappointed to see this thread has 20 or so replies in just over an hour. It wasn't even one of his better efforts.

I have blocked ‘Big’ Vince (on a “do not feed the troll” basis) but clicked on this thread eventually, and I must say it is one of the most entertaining I’ve read in a while:

FFC09BA1-41C6-4A47-8795-8D915F85DDCB.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

I have blocked ‘Big’ Vince (on a “do not feed the troll” basis) but clicked on this thread eventually, and I must say it is one of the most entertaining I’ve read in a while:

FFC09BA1-41C6-4A47-8795-8D915F85DDCB.jpeg

The most sensible thing I’ve read from Lakey in a while!

I don’t know how hot it is in Cumbria but I do understand the urge just to rest the eyes for a bit.

52 minutes ago, Indy said:

No, No, No, like field of dreams, If You Defender Her, They Will Come! Nutty to be fair has always stood by this view and I respect him for it, I might not agree but he’s a good guy and deserves to be treated with respect. Others will come along soon.....👍💚💛

We’re all united behind our club even if our opinions are different.....

I just call it how it is for me Indy. You've hardly represented my views in your replies. At best you've put up a counter views to your own and  argued with yourself.

Anyway, this boasting is beyond me. You're never said where you went to boast about losing 2 fa cup semi finals. You also haven't attempted to say where we'd be if every club had a season where they lived up to their best ever two. 

I suppose anyone under 35 can't remember a really successful season. Like when we lost an FA cup semi.

It's actually like listening to  the binners go on about history except they did actually win it once..

8 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I just call it how it is for me Indy. You've hardly represented my views in your replies. At best you've put up a counter views to your own and  argued with yourself.

Anyway, this boasting is beyond me. You're never said where you went to boast about losing 2 fa cup semi finals. You also haven't attempted to say where we'd be if every club had a season where they lived up to their best ever two. 

I suppose anyone under 35 can't remember a really successful season. Like when we lost an FA cup semi.

It's actually like listening to  the binners go on about history except they did actually win it once..

Sorry nutty that’s utter tripe, I do respect your stance but if you’re trying to say winning the third division is better than losing an FA cup semi final to Everton then sorry you’re clutching at straws!

If you say history’s irrelevant then fine we go by this season only! All history is written off, so for our record breaking losses this board has been very quiet, so really should be accountable for our relegation and should have the courtesy of addressing the fans! Yet not a single word!

Edited by Indy

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

This is what I posted Indy.

As you can see it's nothing like what you're arguing against with yourself. I also didn't mention Delia.

Do you want to start afresh?

This is what I posted Indy.

As you can see it's nothing like what you're arguing against with yourself. I also didn't mention Delia.

Do you want to start afresh?

Nah mate your normal side track......I’m too busy as have friends now round so good night nutty, I’ve not argued with myself at all but your political side comes out to step sidewards as normal. Better things to do. Have fun arguing how winning a tin pot third division is better than finishing third and European football just because it’s under Saint Delia!

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Nah mate your normal side track......I’m too busy as have friends now round so good night nutty, I’ve not argued with myself at all but your political side comes out to step sidewards as normal. Better things to do. Have fun arguing how winning a tin pot third division is better than finishing third and European football just because it’s under Saint Delia!

There you go again! You either do it deliberately or you can't read. 👀

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

There you go again! You either do it deliberately or you can't read. 👀

Poor attempt to keep a debate your desperate to continue for hours on end. 

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Poor attempt to keep a debate your desperate to continue for hours on end. 

Indy's cleared off. Probably to boast on another team's board about losing two fa cup semis 🏆🚫🏆🚫

You can't compare winning a L1 or Champs title, with finishing 3rd in the PL, why? because the quality of the opposition increases the higher up the leagues you go and thus the acheivment gets bigger and better (not to mention MUCH harder) the further up you go.

That being said, watching us in that 2nd season under Hughton in the top flight was one of the most depressing and god awful football seasons I've ever witnessed, and if that was the only thing we could expect as fans to see for a long time in exchange for staying at that level, I'd rather go down tbh. It was such a stark contrast to what we saw under Lambert, and this in turns leads to the contention between fans that want to watch good football and risk going down, and those who would be happy with Pulis ball or grinding out 1-0 wins each week like Chelsea did at one point just to stay at the top table.

Clearly a middle ground between the two is the ideal scenario, but in the current footballing world, that's incredibly difficult to acheive consistently - and certainly not without spending an awful lot of money in the process.

No amount of championship titles will eclipse our 3rd place finish under Walker in my mind, even though we played great football last season and fully deserved our promotion, but I still personally believe that beating weaker teams for a lesser title simply cannot compete with beating the best teams and almost winning the top league by comparison.

Unless something drastically changes in football as a whole, I can't see us finishing anywhere near 3rd in the Premier League for a LONG time, so we have to take the best we can, be this a Champs title or decent cup run, but let's not try to claim that this is better than pushing for Champions League places or even winning the PL because it just isn't.

4 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Winning the league, even league one, is better than your celebrated also ran seasons.

Is that not what you wrote NN???