Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Have Crystal Palace just released one of the worst kits this year?

45 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

A bit harsh Corkio. You don’t know people’s personal circumstances and the resources they have to change them. I always interpret the “I did this, so you can too” argument (normally it’s lecturing people for not being more ‘successful’) as “I have no empathy or imagination”. The fact you cite Hopkins and Putin doesn’t help! 

😀😀😀😀 I mentioned Putin because I was replying to TvB Nuffo. Hopkins granted, is vile, but correct on the one point I made, that most if not all people, if they eat better and move more, clinical issues aside ,will lose weight.  This is a fact , I dont think that is harsh at all, I apportioned no blame, unlike Hopkins. I think its a bit harsh, though im not offended, for you to extrapolate this statement of fact into having no imagination or empathy, because I have Plenty of both, cheers. My Imagination and empathy have prevented me from being offended, as I can see why you might think what you do. No offence meant or taken.

10 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

😀😀😀😀 I mentioned Putin because I was replying to TvB Nuffo. Hopkins granted, is vile, but correct on the one point I made, that most if not all people, if they eat better and move more, clinical issues aside ,will lose weight.  This is a fact , I dont think that is harsh at all, I apportioned no blame, unlike Hopkins. I think its a bit harsh, though im not offended, for you to extrapolate this statement of fact into having no imagination or empathy, because I have Plenty of both, cheers. My Imagination and empathy have prevented me from being offended, as I can see why you might think what you do. No offence meant or taken.

Good, none intended, I was extrapolating from what you said to a wider point. Of the posters on here, I have you down as one who can have a reasoned debate without getting easily offended (which in practice is probably just that we seem to agree most of the time!).

Having said that, you were obviously in the fortunate situation where you could take in advice about exercise and diet, process it and put your knowledge into practice. While it is clearly the case that at a basic level, if you eat less and move more, you are very likely to lose weight, diet and health is a hugely complex area for most. It's not always going to be that easy for many, whether due to education, environment, peer pressure, family influence, finances or whatever. That's the point I wanted to make and thank you for not taking offence if I did it clumsily.