Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Have Crystal Palace just released one of the worst kits this year?

6 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Eek, although it might just grow on me as it is is rather unique.

For REALLY bad ones check this link out 

Newcastle (fixable if they change the socks) and West Brom ... Bournemouth, Grismby, Oldham. 

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/English_Football_League/season/2020-2021.html

Decent efforts - either returning to traditional strips or decent design 

Arsenal, Everton Leicester, Liverpool, Middlesborough , Millwall, Bradford, Mansfield, Walsall 

West Brom's looks like they tried printing the kit out without enough ink

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

West Brom's looks like they tried printing the kit out without enough ink

Shame as I thought the 2018-2019 kit was spot on. Exactly what comes to my mind when I think of West Brom. 

Edited by Surfer

Errea do us a bespoke range, so it won't happen- but I'd take a green-and-yellow version of Lincolns'  Errea kit this year.

home-shirt-2020-1.jpg

15 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Errea do us a bespoke range, so it won't happen- but I'd take a green-and-yellow version of Lincolns'  Errea kit this year.

home-shirt-2020-1.jpg

Why do so many people want us to have stripes?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Why do so many people want us to have stripes?

Pretty sure it's just me tbf

51 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Newcastle (fixable if they change the socks) and West Brom ... Bournemouth, Grismby, Oldham. 

Arsenal, Everton Leicester, Liverpool, Middlesborough , Millwall, Bradford, Mansfield, Walsall 

I quite like that Grimsby one. But agree on those Newcastle socks!

Incidentally, only 4 released in the Championship so far...

Puts to shame the bleating on here from certain posters that are always the last to release a kit, like its some sort of weird race.

Some people just want any stick they can get hold of the beat the club with, no matter how ridiculous they sound. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

home-shirt-2020-1.jpg

Sorry Mason, but that looks bloody awful! Your own design suggestions have often been FAR better FFS!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

It's a nice kit but i'm not keen on the skin tight tops.

It's fine if you're fairly trim but if you're sporting a beer belly its going to show every crevice. 

Its quite a poor decision commercially I feel, to sell tight fitting tops when the majority of their customer base are overweight. 

I wonder whether baggy kits will ever come back into fashion, late 90's style? Guessing not as they probably care about aerodynamics and millimetres saved per sprint or something?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Got to be honest I think they're great kits, especially the white version which is one of the best kits I've seen for years. 

Sorry though Mason, that Lincoln one is dreadful and would look even more dreadful in yellow and green 

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Its quite a poor decision commercially I feel, to sell tight fitting tops when the majority of their customer base are overweight.

What?

Most Crystal Palace fans are overweight - That's actually your angle here?!?

Is this fag packet stats, just one step down from fag packet accounting?

3 hours ago, South Sider said:

What?

Most Crystal Palace fans are overweight - That's actually your angle here?!?

Is this fag packet stats, just one step down from fag packet accounting?

You really pick some odd things to get excitedly outraged by. 

I actually meant to say:

"Its quite a poor decision commercially I feel, for clubs to sell tight fitting tops when the majority of their customer base are overweight"

You'll note that the person I was replying to was referring to skin tight football shirts in general, not specifically skin tight Crystal Palace tops, but then I'm not surprised that you don't understand the importance of context as you are far from the brightest crayon in the box. 

If by 'fag packet' you mean the UK Government's 'The Health Survey' which found that 28.7% of adults in England are obese and a further 35.6%% are overweight but not obese, then yes that fag packet. Just in case you are mathematically challenged as well as constantly constipated, then 28.7% + 35.6% = Most English people are fat. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

10 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I wonder whether baggy kits will ever come back into fashion, late 90's style? Guessing not as they probably care about aerodynamics and millimetres saved per sprint or something?

The rotund could always put some effort into not being quite so rotund.  Eat  better, move more. Its about the only thing Katie Hopkins  and I agree on. Having been a couple of stone overweight for a couple of years , can speak from personal experience , you dont have to psychotic  about it  , just get a move on and eat regular balanced  portion appropriate  meals.  Don't  see Putin flaunting the flab  . Of course there are people who do have clinical issues but mostly it's down to eating/ drinking too much of the wrong things and not getting enough  exercise.  

What I dont get is the desire to wear  those nylon nightmare shirts anyway, maybe fan friendly cotton versions that dont make casual wearers stink after a couple of hours...  they are designed for short term wear  during strenuous  physical activity, after which both wearer and  garment are cleaned, not putting on in the morning, going to the pub, then match , then pub again.  Seeing the crowd in club colours is great  but the shirts should be user friendly.  Christ, even I'd  buy one if they  weren't made in such god awful material. Ajax did a really nice cotton classic shirt for the fans a few years back, sold really  well.  The drawback being the revenue that these cheap to produce, high retail garments bring to the club. In these straightened times, maybe a locally made natural fibre shirt could provide a few jobs and if the club was the driving force behind it , make a few quid into the bargain. 

13 hours ago, Surfer said:

I wouldn't want to go through the self checkout in that WBA one, who knows how much it's charge you when it got scannned

• Haha 3

How spooky. Just listening to Jonny Vaughn talking to the guy who designed them. He made the concept and put it on his Instagram and Steve Parish got in touch and asked if they could use it.

So all you kit designers, keep it up! You may get spotted and your design used!

Edited by Unhinged Canary
Spelling

And Bradford who have a "unique color palette" - have had some wonderful and awful kits 

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Bradford_City/Bradford_City.htm

1975 (just like the Palace kit referenced) 1983, 1996 (both version) and 2017 all pretty good.

But what you can say about 1987, 1991,  2006 - 2008 and 2106  I really don't know

I do love the "this is us, go fook yourself" attitude though. Good for them 🙂

Edited by Surfer

I like the new Palace kit. 

Does anybody know when the Errea kit deal ends?

Seems like an eternity that we've been woth them...... Who signs a deal this long?? 

Dunno. I wish we could be like Ipswich and just have a bog standard Adidas plain shirt and shorts with three stripes down the sides. 

These new shirt designs over the last few seasons are for the svelte.....certainly not for the Pilsbury Doughboy/Michelin Man type torso.....

Regarding the current Palace home and away shirts they look ok to me.....

Anyway, if our next home/away shirt goes with jeans and trainers, it'll do for me..... 

I prefer two separate colour for shirts and shorts ( yellow and green ) I don’t like the “ merging “ of the two.

On 08/08/2020 at 12:32, Unhinged Canary said:

How spooky. Just listening to Jonny Vaughn talking to the guy who designed them. He made the concept and put it on his Instagram and Steve Parish got in touch and asked if they could use it.

So all you kit designers, keep it up! You may get spotted and your design used!

Did he get paid in cash or paid in kudos, because one doesn't pay the rent.

What ever it is I hope it appropriately sized,

Last seasons was rediculous - I have a L training top from the season before that I still wear.

I needed a XXXXL in last seasons replica.

Edited by CDMullins

On 08/08/2020 at 20:22, Sideshow Tim said:

I like the new Palace kit. 

Does anybody know when the Errea kit deal ends?

Seems like an eternity that we've been woth them...... Who signs a deal this long?? 

Original 5 year deal was signed in 2011 with an eight year extension penned following that.

On 07/08/2020 at 19:23, Surfer said:

😂 Grimsby. AKA “look at my boots!”.

On 08/08/2020 at 09:14, wcorkcanary said:

The rotund could always put some effort into not being quite so rotund.  Eat  better, move more. Its about the only thing Katie Hopkins  and I agree on. Having been a couple of stone overweight for a couple of years , can speak from personal experience , you dont have to psychotic  about it  , just get a move on and eat regular balanced  portion appropriate  meals.  Don't  see Putin flaunting the flab  . Of course there are people who do have clinical issues but mostly it's down to eating/ drinking too much of the wrong things and not getting enough  exercise.  

A bit harsh Corkio. You don’t know people’s personal circumstances and the resources they have to change them. I always interpret the “I did this, so you can too” argument (normally it’s lecturing people for not being more ‘successful’) as “I have no empathy or imagination”. The fact you cite Hopkins and Putin doesn’t help! 

Edited by Nuff Said