Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Gilmour/Siti & Another Midfielder

Michael Bailey posting on twitter that both of these likely to go out on loan. Gilmour recovering from injury too. 

Says we are still looking to add another sitting type midfielder.

So our central midfield would presumably consist of Sorensen + new signing, with Rupp, McLean, Tettey as backup... maybe one or two of the others.

You'd imagine the new signing would be another of the 'experienced players' that Farke referred to.

I know there has been a lot of talk about experience coming in, but I wonder if we could perhaps be in for Oliver Skipp from Spurs on loan. He was being linked with Fulham but I think the intention was for him to get a year under his belt playing regularly in the Championship.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If we are looking for an experienced midfielder and Bournmouth are still having a firesale Harry Arter would be a neat catch..

I always liked the cut of Phillip Billing's jib. Not sure if either player would swap one Championship club for another, though.

Philip Billing has been accused of not playing like he can do when he was at Huddlesfield, he hasn't done the work which made him stand out to get signed new contract at Bournemouth better money less effort

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If we are looking for an experienced midfielder and Bournmouth are still having a firesale Harry Arter would be a neat catch..

I think Fulham have an obligation to buy Arter permanently now they've been promoted 

4 hours ago, Yellow and Green said:

So our central midfield would presumably consist of Sorensen + new signing, with Rupp, McLean, Tettey as backup... maybe one or two of the others.

You'd imagine the new signing would be another of the 'experienced players' that Farke referred to.

Can't see these two being back up. Certainly not Mclean. I can't imagine Farke plans to put two new players straight into centre midfield ahead of them. Could be wrong, but I'd be shocked if Mclean isn't in the starting eleven come season start. 

13 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Can't see these two being back up. Certainly not Mclean. I can't imagine Farke plans to put two new players straight into centre midfield ahead of them. Could be wrong, but I'd be shocked if Mclean isn't in the starting eleven come season start. 

Unfortunately, I think you're right. Mind you, McLean might be able to do a job in the Championship, I just hope that doesn't mean that if we do go up, Farke then uses his Championship performances to give him another crack at the Premier League because a Premier League footballer King Kenny is not.

I can’t see Dowell or Sorensen sitting on the bench for McClean or Rupp. Rupp is more right side of midfield and McClean could end up at Rangers. We have too many central midfielders who have not made that step up, I think the idea of signing those imposing young central midfielders into blood them into the team hoping they are a step up in quality to what we have.

We’ll see in four weeks.

Wouldn't be disappointed if McLean moved on for a sensible price, although I can't see Rupp going anywhere at this point.

Both can probably do a decent enough job in the Champs (jury still out for many on Rupp), but neither excel nor excite in their respective positions.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Move Klose said:

Michael Bailey posting on twitter that both of these likely to go out on loan. Gilmour recovering from injury too. 

Says we are still looking to add another sitting type midfielder.

If we are then, as someone pointed out a week or so back, Oscar Hiljemark is available as a free transfer. He has only just turned 28, and played for Sweden in the 2018 World Cup (my, that seems a long time ago!) but I don't know about recent form. He has been loaned out a lot.

47 minutes ago, Indy said:

I can’t see Dowell or Sorensen sitting on the bench for McClean or Rupp. Rupp is more right side of midfield and McClean could end up at Rangers. We have too many central midfielders who have not made that step up, I think the idea of signing those imposing young central midfielders into blood them into the team hoping they are a step up in quality to what we have.

We’ll see in four weeks.

Dowell could well be further forward. Could be in the right-midfield position as he does seem to come in off that for Wigan, but he could also be more in the hole, in Stiepermann's slot. I'd prefer to see Stiepermann and Pukki together at the start as a partnership that worked well in the Championship last time out but there's still a pre-season to get through.

I know we had quite the injury crisis when we faced City and Rupp got press-ganged into defensive midfield but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he gets converted to play there.

8 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Dowell could well be further forward. Could be in the right-midfield position as he does seem to come in off that for Wigan, but he could also be more in the hole, in Stiepermann's slot. I'd prefer to see Stiepermann and Pukki together at the start as a partnership that worked well in the Championship last time out but there's still a pre-season to get through.

I know we had quite the injury crisis when we faced City and Rupp got press-ganged into defensive midfield but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he gets converted to play there.

You are Daniel Farke and I claim my £5

• Haha 1

Lets not discount Vrancic in this equation...if fit ,must surely prominently feature in the championship....whilst a little further forward Steipermann may very well become a force at this level once again

As for the likes of Sitti,Gilmour,Mumba even Adshead..they must be here for a reason. 

If theyre any good ,the Championship is the place to have a look?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Lets not discount Vrancic in this equation...if fit ,must surely prominently feature in the championship....whilst a little further forward Steipermann may very well become a force at this level once again

As for the likes of Sitti,Gilmour,Mumba even Adshead..they must be here for a reason. 

If theyre any good ,the Championship is the place to have a look?

Michael Bailey today I recall casted doubts through a report that Vrancic might also be one to leave (making 4)

46 minutes ago, Number9 said:

You are Daniel Farke and I claim my £5

Leider hast du vollkommen Unrecht. Deutsch kann ich auf jedem Fall sprechen, aber Daniel heisse ich nicht. 😉 

That was a good chuckle, but on a more serious note, I was thinking that as Rupp's not really stood out for his attacking output at all on the wing or in that right-midfielder position, but his diligence, positioning and work rate have been good. Would prefer Vrancic there though - remember his Player of the Month award in the Championship-winning season?

I agree with GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary when he says the Championship is the place to have a look at some of the potential talents, Adshead would actually be well worth a mention in this category considering he was doing very well at an average Rochdale side in League One when we signed him. 

Hiljemark is available on a free, 26 Swedish international. Wages might be a stretch but would meet the Farke criteria of more streetwise operators 

8 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Leider hast du vollkommen Unrecht. Deutsch kann ich auf jedem Fall sprechen, aber Daniel heisse ich nicht. 😉 

That was a good chuckle, but on a more serious note, I was thinking that as Rupp's not really stood out for his attacking output at all on the wing or in that right-midfielder position, but his diligence, positioning and work rate have been good. Would prefer Vrancic there though - remember his Player of the Month award in the Championship-winning season?

I agree with GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary when he says the Championship is the place to have a look at some of the potential talents, Adshead would actually be well worth a mention in this category considering he was doing very well at an average Rochdale side in League One when we signed him. 

Ich ruhe meinen Fall Ihre Ehre

2 hours ago, Number9 said:

Ich ruhe meinen Fall Ihre Ehre

I can't add any more reactions today, but on that one I'd happily give the chuckle emoticon for giving a much needed laugh. 🙂 

The fact you wouldn't know I spoke German made it brilliant.

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I can't add any more reactions today, but on that one I'd happily give the chuckle emoticon for giving a much needed laugh. 🙂 

Ah German, the language of love....

12 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Meine Haare ist in meine Schuhe

1 minute ago, Number9 said:

Ah German, the language of love....

It's a bit underrated in that regard. After all, plenty of composers were happy to use it. A lot of people seem to get their impression of the German language from war movies and shouted commands don't sound too clever in any lingo!

Surely Gilmour is old enough to play. If he goes out on loan again then I’d query whether he will ever play for us. 

7 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Surely Gilmour is old enough to play. If he goes out on loan again then I’d query whether he will ever play for us. 

Think he was always a bit of a punt. Norwich seem prepared to hover up a lot of players being released from other clubs to see if there is anything that has been missed. 

8 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

It's a bit underrated in that regard. After all, plenty of composers were happy to use it. A lot of people seem to get their impression of the German language from war movies and shouted commands don't sound too clever in any lingo!

Just reading between the lines, do you not shout commands in German during lovemaking?

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Think he was always a bit of a punt. Norwich seem prepared to hover up a lot of players being released from other clubs to see if there is anything that has been missed. 

And there's an argument for collecting loan fees etc for these players, let's face it we've seemed to be copying Chelsea's business model in that regard. 

What niggles me is that the club chooses to make big announcements about many of these lads who we know are unlikely to ever play for our first team. 

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

Just reading between the lines, do you not shout commands in German during lovemaking?

Too much German p-o-r-n did for that.

Edited by TheGunnShow