Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, bjb7223 said:
 
 
z5Gz7LQ0_bigger.png
 
Liverpool and Norwich fail to reach an agreement for Jamal Lewis, with the Premier League champions close to signing Konstantinos Tsimikas as cover at left-back for €13m (£11.75m) from Olympiacos. Medical expected early next week.
9:30 AM · Aug 9, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
 
 
Jamal Lewis interest ended

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53715580

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Banter 🙄

 

not posted on here in ages, just look from afar and hoggy  is everywhere putting out fires 😂

Edited by CUSDP
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CUSDP said:

Banter 🙄

 

not posted on here in ages, just look from afar and hoggy  is everywhere putting out fires 😂

Did you used to be 'can u sit down please'? Used to like your little nuggets of info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes that’s me, my old account went when the forum updated my afraid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CUSDP said:

Banter 🙄

 

not posted on here in ages, just look from afar and hoggy  is everywhere putting out fires 😂

Mate if you're the original, where have you been? Good poster, you should hang around more often 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CUSDP said:

Yes that’s me, my old account went when the forum updated my afraid. 

well....welcome back. Used to look out for some of your posts and thoughts from years back.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Hogesar. 


still a few familiar faces I recognise on here, yourself included  

it’s hard to think where I’ve been to be honest, still go to games etc but have came away from all social media and it’s quite refreshing  

 

but I’ll prob stick about on here as I do miss chatting about city  

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Mate if you're the original, where have you been? Good poster, you should hang around more often 🙂

He sits on the wrong side of the fence for you hoggy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CUSDP said:

Thank you Hogesar. 


still a few familiar faces I recognise on here, yourself included  

it’s hard to think where I’ve been to be honest, still go to games etc but have came away from all social media and it’s quite refreshing  

 

but I’ll prob stick about on here as I do miss chatting about city  

 

 

 

Don't blame you on the social media front. Tempted myself in the past but some of it is important for work. You should stay around on here though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

He sits on the wrong side of the fence for you hoggy.

I dont mind what side he sits on, always had good conversations with him in the past.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CUSDP said:

Thank you Hogesar. 


still a few familiar faces I recognise on here, yourself included  

it’s hard to think where I’ve been to be honest, still go to games etc but have came away from all social media and it’s quite refreshing  

 

but I’ll prob stick about on here as I do miss chatting about city  

Glad to hear it! Welcome back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

That's not what I'm saying is it though? Truth is that NONE of us know what the actual figures were that were discussed between the clubs. Report today says '£10M + 50% of any future transfer profit', other reports say '£8M + £2M in add on's'. The point is that now we have set out our stall in rejecting offers unless they hit our valuation then don't be surprised if suitors for the other 'Crown Jewels' decide to look elsewhere. Like it or not we are facing (as all clubs are) in all probability many, many months and possibly the entire season with no 26,000 crowds at THP. The financial shortfall + the £12M 'loss' from season just gone has to be covered and releasing the deadwood (Leitner, Trybull, Drmic etc.) will barely make a dent into that amount. I would  love to keep the so called 'star' players but they were part of a terrible team that completely collapsed since restart. I struggle to see how we can turn round and say that FIVE of the squad are worth AT LEAST £20m EACH which most on here are presuming (in fact many are putting higher valuations on Godfrey (in particular) and Buendia). Reports of a 'loan' deal for Aarons only seem to confirm that suitors are refusing to stump up these sums. I think at least three of these players (and maybe all of them) will be sold as the cooler realities of the new season hit in mid September particularly if this much hyped up 'second wave' builds up on the horizon. Then you may see fees received being a lot less than the much vaunted..............'this is what it will cost you mate' signs.         

We haven't set our stall out to only accept our valuation, we've set our stall out not to accept half the valuation. There are reports we would have compromised at £15m. 

The shortfall from Covid can only be called a loss if we were planning to break even. We were not, we were anticipating a big profit. If anything the loan proposal for Aarons actually shows we are comfortable with our financial situation ie. we would get full price by deferring rather than get a reduced fee now. None of us know the full situation but we spent little last season, the players have 50% wage reductions, the new players were cheap and the club seem relaxed and keep stressing that we don't need to sell. There is no evidence for your doom laden scenario.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Have a word with hoggy as he knows everything about it chapter and verse. I believe he mentioned a few posts back he could provide a link to it ?

Still none the wiser so I had a look on Facebook. Is it this one?

IMG_20200810_003406.thumb.png.35683abc7b61c4f29e9ea6af995d0caa.png

Created in 2016?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Still none the wiser so I had a look on Facebook. Is it this one?

IMG_20200810_003406.thumb.png.35683abc7b61c4f29e9ea6af995d0caa.png

Created in 2016?

 

Are they offering to buy the club? I'm no Bezos when it comes to business deals but I'm pretty sure that in order to sell something there needs to be another party willing to buy it. Maybe they should get in touch with that Di Stefano guy, he was interested before and I'm sure he's prepared to laden the club with debt to make sure we finally get Ross McCormack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Still none the wiser so I had a look on Facebook. Is it this one?

IMG_20200810_003406.thumb.png.35683abc7b61c4f29e9ea6af995d0caa.png

Created in 2016?

 

that's the one. It was made in 2016 and my favourite bit is they haven't even updated the about section which says we would "never get promoted again".

Its like they want to start off being spectacularly wrong before even getting started. 😅

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Still none the wiser so I had a look on Facebook. Is it this one?

IMG_20200810_003406.thumb.png.35683abc7b61c4f29e9ea6af995d0caa.png

Created in 2016?

 

That's the one. You took your time turning up by the way. 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will presumably do Webber's reputation in the wider footballing world no harm either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

This will presumably do Webber's reputation in the wider footballing world no harm either.

Webber himself recently that he was 'Only passing through' so this is as much about him as it is Norwich City. Lewis much be absolutely gutted, but hopefully he understands. Hopefully...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Can’t see why Lewis would be particularly gutted - you’d hope he has a modicum of sense and can see that if Liverpool really wanted him they could have got him. If I were him I’d be more pissed off at Liverpool than anything as they’ve wasted everyone’s time.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Can’t see why Lewis would be particularly gutted - you’d hope he has a modicum of sense and can see that if Liverpool really wanted him they could have got him. If I were him I’d be more pissed off at Liverpool than anything as they’ve wasted everyone’s time.

Maybe, but joining - currently - the best club in England and one of the best in the World, with a first rate manager doesn't come knocking very often, plus a huge increase in wages. 

Hopefully he'll knuckle down, but there is a scenario where he just doesn't make the effort and end up being transferred for less that what Liverpool were prepared to ask.

I don't blame Webber for holding out for more, but it doesn't necessarily mean we will get more. Time will tell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, komakino said:

Maybe, but joining - currently - the best club in England and one of the best in the World, with a first rate manager doesn't come knocking very often, plus a huge increase in wages. 

Hopefully he'll knuckle down, but there is a scenario where he just doesn't make the effort and end up being transferred for less that what Liverpool were prepared to ask.

I don't blame Webber for holding out for more, but it doesn't necessarily mean we will get more. Time will tell. 

All very good points and I don't disagree with any of them. £8 million plus add ons just wasn't good enough though and simply couldn't be accepted. City fans would have declared a fire sale was happening, that the club lied to us about not having to sell and branded it small club mentality if we accepted that. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Can’t see why Lewis would be particularly gutted - you’d hope he has a modicum of sense and can see that if Liverpool really wanted him they could have got him. If I were him I’d be more pissed off at Liverpool than anything as they’ve wasted everyone’s time.

And used him to get their No.1 target with the Greek lad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, komakino said:

Webber himself recently that he was 'Only passing through' so this is as much about him as it is Norwich City. Lewis much be absolutely gutted, but hopefully he understands. Hopefully...

Are you seriously suggesting that Webber played hardball because he wanted to enhance his reputation  as a tough negotiator, and not because £8 million plus add-ons was too low? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

And used him to get their No.1 target with the Greek lad.

Don't understand that. What if we had accepted Liverpool's offer? They would have been lumbered with their second choice. And how has us turning Liverpool down helped them get the Greek fullback. If he was the first choice they just could have made an offer first up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Don't understand that. What if we had accepted Liverpool's offer? They would have been lumbered with their second choice. And how has us turning Liverpool down helped them get the Greek fullback. If he was the first choice they just could have made an offer first up.

I think it's more likely that they were buying to a budget, and had a hard limit of £12m. They preferred Lewis, put a £8m bid in to unsettle him and hoped to get him for £12m. When Webber insisted on £20m, they moved onto their next choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Don't understand that. What if we had accepted Liverpool's offer? They would have been lumbered with their second choice. And how has us turning Liverpool down helped them get the Greek fullback. If he was the first choice they just could have made an offer first up.

There's a liverpool guy in twitter stating that they have been after the greek guy for around 3yrs and things had stalled when they tried to get him so went for Lewis, but the greek guy was the main target.

Of course they were interested in Lewis but only started the process to make it clear to Olympiakos that they would move on if they didn't budge.

So yes they would have signed Lewis for the right price but what they managed to achieve was to get their first choice by playing Olympiakos and seemingly Lewis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

I think it's more likely that they were buying to a budget, and had a hard limit of £12m. They preferred Lewis, put a £8m bid in to unsettle him and hoped to get him for £12m. When Webber insisted on £20m, they moved onto their next choice.

That makes more sense than the idea that they in effect were banking on us rejecting their bid for Lewis because he wasn't their first choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lewis needs another good top quality season in the Championship

Then I hope he will get a huge transfer fee - next season

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lewis needs another good top quality season in the Championship

Then I hope he will get a huge transfer fee - next season

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...