Jump to content

Recommended Posts

To put in to context this offer for Lewis, Brighton have turned down a 22 million bid for a player who hasn’t ever played for them or outside of the championship. We aren’t playing hardball, the bid is simply unacceptable in the current market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, hogesar said:

I'm hearing more and more that anyone who isn't a "happy clapper" can't post their opinion on this board.

If that's the case, why bother? Why not create a group of "NCFC fans who detest everything NCFC" and you can all happily go about your ways?

For what it's worth I think you should definitely post your opinions on here. Generally speaking I disagree with every one of them. Some of them I think are incredibly stupid, but I'd always defend your right to say them. 

But if you're not happy with that situation there's a fantastic Facebook Group I can link you to? They're producing a Delia Out banner did you know? Well, they would have been if any of them would put their money where their mouth is.

Happy clapper / moaners whatever... Most people love NCFC on here just disagree on what is best for the club... Suggesting those that don't agree with your views leave this site would make this one really dull forum... How about we respect others views and keep it civil? Might work you never know....

Edited by Kenny Foggo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/08/2020 at 22:53, wcorkcanary said:

Sorry chap , dont get your logic,  if a international  from a major footballing  nation who is highly regarded as a top quality centre half and is good  in the air is ' worth forty mill' .... then a potentially good  full back from a minor footballing  nation who defo isnt good in the air is worth 20.... why? How do you come at that figure? For sure its better for us than any smaller amount and it's a nice round figure  .... wheres the  reasoning ? Not knocking Jamal,  just dont see 20 mill. If they pay it  ,great.... doubt they will though. 

I've read plenty of your posts and I understand that you don't fathom how logic works.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

I've read plenty of your posts and I understand that you don't fathom how logic works.

 

 

He’s had a few tonight judging by that reply. Good old Corky. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, hogesar said:

 

But if you're not happy with that situation there's a fantastic Facebook Group I can link you to? They're producing a Delia Out banner did you know? Well, they would have been if any of them would put their money where their mouth is.

I really think you need some new material as your obsession with the Sell Up Delia Facebook group is getting rather tiresome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I really think you need some new material as your obsession with the Sell Up Delia Facebook group is getting rather tiresome.

If only those in it were as committed as me, 'eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't realise there was actually a Sell Up Delia Facebook group. How long has that been going?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I didn't realise there was actually a Sell Up Delia Facebook group. How long has that been going?

Have a word with hoggy as he knows everything about it chapter and verse. I believe he mentioned a few posts back he could provide a link to it ?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Have a word with hoggy as he knows everything about it chapter and verse. I believe he mentioned a few posts back he could provide a link to it ?

Aren’t you a member of this group or is it another one ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
z5Gz7LQ0_bigger.png
 
Liverpool and Norwich fail to reach an agreement for Jamal Lewis, with the Premier League champions close to signing Konstantinos Tsimikas as cover at left-back for €13m (£11.75m) from Olympiacos. Medical expected early next week.
9:30 AM · Aug 9, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
 
 
Jamal Lewis interest ended

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

where does that leave the boy from Coventry then? No way Webber would pay £3.5M for a player to kick his heels on the bench or not made the squad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, yellowrider120 said:

where does that leave the boy from Coventry then? No way Webber would pay £3.5M for a player to kick his heels on the bench or not made the squad. 

I think we would only pay that fee after multiple clauses were met. I think the initial fee was about 1.5 million.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I wouldn't have begrudged him the move. But the money offered simply wasn't enough. Look forward to him playing in the championship next year, him and McCullum = sorted at left back.

Edited by Decemberists

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Decemberists said:

I wouldn't have begrudged him the move. But the money offered simply wasn't enough. Look forward to him playin gin the championship next year, him and McCullum = sorted at left back.

Orrr in a negative sense this could become a Zaha at palace type deal in which Lewis wanted the move (which he most likely would) and the club stopping him from leaving makes him resent us and not want to play for us and thus he hardly bothers putting any effort in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news ... it sends out a very clear message. If you want our stars you have to pay what WE want for them - even if you're European Champions!

Nice to be in the driving seat for ONCE!

Thanks Webber!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Orrr in a negative sense this could become a Zaha at palace type deal in which Lewis wanted the move (which he most likely would) and the club stopping him from leaving makes him resent us and not want to play for us and thus he hardly bothers putting any effort in

Dont think so. Lewis know he is not at Norwich for Long. If he plays well then he will find a PL team that realy wants him. The best team in the world wanted him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Have a word with hoggy as he knows everything about it chapter and verse. I believe he mentioned a few posts back he could provide a link to it ?

You're the member, not me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Orrr in a negative sense this could become a Zaha at palace type deal in which Lewis wanted the move (which he most likely would) and the club stopping him from leaving makes him resent us and not want to play for us and thus he hardly bothers putting any effort in

It is possible, but from what I've seen of him doesn't seem the sort. A player not putting any effort in is hardly going to attract a top club in the future.

Zaha has continued to deliver for Palace despite the unrest. But there are players who down tools...

I think keeping him is a better bet than selling him cheap despite him probably being annoyed.

As others have said, we don't want to undermine other transfers out by selling low. He is a long way off being able to wait his contract out - if we need to sell him in the future, we can. I don't believe it would be difficult to find someone willing to match what Liverpool offered if we did sell, and in the meantime we've had some more games with Lewis contributing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, bjb7223 said:
 
 
z5Gz7LQ0_bigger.png
 
Liverpool and Norwich fail to reach an agreement for Jamal Lewis, with the Premier League champions close to signing Konstantinos Tsimikas as cover at left-back for €13m (£11.75m) from Olympiacos. Medical expected early next week.
9:30 AM · Aug 9, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
 
 
Jamal Lewis interest ended

@Highland Canary So this firesale. Does it start by us refusing to sell below our valuation?

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Olano said:

Dont think so. Lewis know he is not at Norwich for Long. If he plays well then he will find a PL team that realy wants him. The best team in the world wanted him. 

He also happily signed a new contract with us that was long term so knew what he was signing up to.

Seems to me that Webber is quite clear with the players and I'm sure Lewis and agent have been told what it will take for us to sell him, so if someone wants him, pay what he's worth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been greatly enjoying Liverpool fans across social media 'stamping their feet' that little old Norwich won't sell one of their crown jewels for a price that Klopp has decided!

They can't understand how a relegated club can resist!

 

Many have built Lewis up to be far more of a world beater than even his biggest fans here would believe and they are devastated for the player.

 

Sorry folks but if you want him you've got to pay what WE want or jog on!

Same goes for Emi, Todd, Max and Ben.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Decemberists said:

It is possible, but from what I've seen of him doesn't seem the sort. A player not putting any effort in is hardly going to attract a top club in the future.

Zaha has continued to deliver for Palace despite the unrest. But there are players who down tools...

I think keeping him is a better bet than selling him cheap despite him probably being annoyed.

As others have said, we don't want to undermine other transfers out by selling low. He is a long way off being able to wait his contract out - if we need to sell him in the future, we can. I don't believe it would be difficult to find someone willing to match what Liverpool offered if we did sell, and in the meantime we've had some more games with Lewis contributing.

He seems a level headed guy so you would like to think that he realises that £10 million was not a good enough offer. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is promising to see hard-ball being played here. 

I mentioned earlier in the thread, that you are a mug if you don't take a premier league club to the cleaners when they try and sign your top young talent. Hull must be absolutely devastated to have only got 8m for Robertson. 

Lewis is still a young player and will know that another good season in the championship will allow him to get the move he wants in January or next summer - and importantly for us, to a club that is will pay the going rate. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, seanthecanary said:

He seems a level headed guy so you would like to think that he realises that £10 million was not a good enough offer. 

Yea I hope Stuart and Daniel have spoken to him directly saying exactly that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice. Lewis should now be aware that top clubs are on the radar. He should now, if his head is screwed on properly, be really champing at the bit next season to really show them what he can do. Meanwhile, McCallum should also be thinking "he could go in January, I had better push!"

If Lewis downs tools or loses focus with the contract he has, it will be somewhat make-or-break re. his career. If he keeps performing, other Premiership clubs will definitely be looking with interest. And, more pertinently, they should pay us more.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Have a word with hoggy as he knows everything about it chapter and verse. I believe he mentioned a few posts back he could provide a link to it ?

Love it 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a player surely you want to be playing every week, Lewis would just be a back up to Robertson who at 26 could be Liverpool's first choice LB for the next 5 years. Maybe a transfer to another PL club would be more sensible if he really wants to leave?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...