A few clubs still Interested i am Sure Lewis will be on the Move soon 😉

The Transfer merry-go-round will start when other clubs move players 

2 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

And used him to get their No.1 target with the Greek lad.

According to the Liverpool Echo the Greek guy was actually their third choice after Lewis and somone at Real (I think it was).

• Like 1

Liverpool knew that we had turned down a £12m offer from Palace for Lewis in January.

The player should consider this a lucky escape.

The bid Liverpool made for him was pitched at slightly under their valuation for a British bench-warmer (and perhaps it was a fair price with this being the sole basis for their valuation- (the value of a player who might play-but probably wont play)).

Liverpool have behaved very badly throughout, firstly by being so public in their bid and valuation but also by inflating the player's expectations and then showing zero loyalty or respect to him by failing to follow up on their offer.

Lewis needs to go somewhere where they will value him both as a player and as a person.

Judged by their behavior, Liverpool clearly did neither.

I hope he will make them regret that decision and be a stronger person for the experience. 

Edited by Bonzo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Reguilon? If it was him, then he'd probably cost more than we'd demand for Lewis.

Yeah, that's the one and it was actually BBC, not the echo I read that link in...

33 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Tsimikas has been confirmed. 

So that's officially the end of the short-but-sweet Lewis to Liverpool saga.

Leiws no doubt crying when he got the phone notification

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Very pleased we stuck in there and didn’t give him away. 

Agreed, but I do wonder if the 20m we supposedly demanded is realistic if there is a drop in prices because of the pandemic. I notice Spurs have apparently only paid a basic 20m for Hojbjerg, who is an established Premier League player, a full international, and bought as a starter, and only 25 years old. 

6 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Agreed, but I do wonder if the 20m we supposedly demanded is realistic if there is a drop in prices because of the pandemic. I notice Spurs have apparently only paid a basic 20m for Hojbjerg, who is an established Premier League player, a full international, and bought as a starter, and only 25 years old. 

Hojbjerg only has a year left on his contract at Southampton and he's refused to sign a new one, I believe. That explains why it's a bit lower than expected.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Hojbjerg only has a year left on his contract at Southampton and he's refused to sign a new one, I believe. That explains why it's a bit lower than expected.

Thanks. I did wonder that but even so it looks a bit on the low side.

from a local Liverpool paper.

Liverpool have put a £20 million price tag on Harry Wilson amid interest from Leeds, Newcastle, Crystal Palaceand Southampton.

Wilson, 23, wants regular top-flight football next season after scoring seven Premier League goals on loan at Bournemouth and Jurgen Klopp is prepared to let him leave Anfield.

The champions value Wilson at £20million, even though the Wales winger has only made one substitute appearance for them in the FA Cup.

Liverpool feel Wilson has much potential, while his value is also bolstered by the fact he has three years remaining on his Reds contract.

Umm anyone see the hypocrisy here. Wilson good player but one successful season in the champs and then an ok Season in the premier on loan where he wasn’t a regular starter. The management say he is worth 20m as he has potential. Lewis is a regular international I’m going off Liverpool rapidly the way they went public before submitting an offer looks like an effort to unsettle the player to get him on the cheap. 
I hope Webber sticks to his guns in future negotiations with other clubs. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Felix said:

Liverpool have put a £20 million price tag on Harry Wilson amid interest from Leeds, Newcastle, Crystal Palaceand Southampton.

Wilson, 23, wants regular top-flight football next season after scoring seven Premier League goals on loan at Bournemouth and Jurgen Klopp is prepared to let him leave Anfield.

The champions value Wilson at £20million, even though the Wales winger has only made one substitute appearance for them in the FA Cup.

Liverpool feel Wilson has much potential, while his value is also bolstered by the fact he has three years remaining on his Reds contract.

Umm anyone see the hypocrisy here. Wilson good player but one successful season in the champs and then an ok Season in the premier on loan where he wasn’t a regular starter. The management say he is worth 20m as he has potential. Lewis is a regular international I’m going off Liverpool rapidly the way they went public before submitting an offer looks like an effort to unsettle the player to get him on the cheap. 

They’re not alone, but don’t see the issue, Man U have been doing the same with Sancho, but credit to Dortmund and Norwich for sticking to their guns!

I don’t see any issue in it, I’m sure we’ve done similar with Mumba.

Like selling anything you have a price and chancers will always haggle, you have to haggle!

Edited by Indy

1 hour ago, Felix said:

We should put in an £8m + add ons bid, then go and sign a Greek midfielder.

• Like 1

To be fair, Wilson and Lewis have pretty similar profiles in terms of experience, international caps and being homegrown. On top of this, there is some form of premium for attacking players. Notwithstanding this, the irony is priceless.

Like any of our players, I suspect for the right price we will listen to offers but to quite frank £11m for Jamal is so far wide of the mark it's actually insulting. 

I'm sure Jamal wouldn't have turned it down, but I hope that if he does go he goes somewhere like Leicester, Everton or Wolves where he'll actually play matches. If he's sensible he might want to stay here and see if we can bounce straight back. I'll have no qualms over any of these guys leaving if we don't make it back at the first time of asking.

It will be interesting to see if there are many clubs interested in Lewis at the prices that some people are talking about. Liverpool saw something in him, but as a back up rather than first choice and obviously their valuation was well short of ours.To be fair i was very impressed with Lewis in the Championship, far less so last season in the PL. It was a big jump and he has youth on his side, if he stays he will be an asset to us in the championship, difficult to say if his value will go up or down from here depends on form , injuries and a bit of lady luck. If  i had to make a judgement though i could see his career going more in the direction of "the twins" rather than Madison. It is always going to be a very difficult call as to the optimum time for a club the size of ours to cash in on young talent

7 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

Liverpool paid a tribunal £3m for Solanke and sold him on 18 months later for £19m. It's the "Liverpool way"!

No one would be complaining if we did that. Essentially as Solanke wasnt exactly a cult hero at Anfield.

9 minutes ago, Yorkshire Canary said:

It will be interesting to see if there are many clubs interested in Lewis at the prices that some people are talking about. Liverpool saw something in him, but as a back up rather than first choice and obviously their valuation was well short of ours.To be fair i was very impressed with Lewis in the Championship, far less so last season in the PL. It was a big jump and he has youth on his side, if he stays he will be an asset to us in the championship, difficult to say if his value will go up or down from here depends on form , injuries and a bit of lady luck. If  i had to make a judgement though i could see his career going more in the direction of "the twins" rather than Madison. It is always going to be a very difficult call as to the optimum time for a club the size of ours to cash in on young talent

From watching Lewis and looking at his stats it’s pretty clear that he’s comfortably a Premier League level left back. Liverpool wouldn’t have been interested otherwise - that make very few bad steps in the transfer market - the only reason they didn’t offer more for him is they knew they could also get the Greek guy. 

Where (if) Lewis leaves is a difficult one though. £20m is probably a bit much for any lower/mid table Prem side to want to pay for a left back. If Chilwell does go to Chelsea then Leicester would seem a candidate to sign Lewis - but I don’t think Chilwell will move this window. 

If Tottenham sell Sessengon then maybe both of Norwich’s full backs will end up there! Still a lot of time in this window and I think it will take a while to heat up  - can see a messy start to the season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Still a lot of time in this window and I think it will take a while to heat up  - can see a messy start to the season. 

I think considering that the transfer window will be open for 3 weeks after the season starts as opposed to closing before, you are right that it could be a messy start to the season. 

7 minutes ago, seanthecanary said:

I think considering that the transfer window will be open for 3 weeks after the season starts as opposed to closing before, you are right that it could be a messy start to the season. 

It stays open domestically for two weeks after that, although it is not clear to me whether that is only for transfers and loans between the Premier League and EFL clubs or can include deals between EFL clubs.

4 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

It stays open domestically for two weeks after that, although it is not clear to me whether that is only for transfers and loans between the Premier League and EFL clubs or can include deals between EFL clubs.

Premier League clubs can’t do deals with other Premier League clubs during that time - need to check if that applies to all Leagues. 

3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Premier League clubs can’t do deals with other Premier League clubs during that time - need to check if that applies to all Leagues. 

But it leaves us open to losing players to the PL for those extra two weeks?

3 minutes ago, seanthecanary said:

Yes, or signing players from Premier League clubs. 

In terms of money received it would probably be the best time to deal with Premier League clubs as they won’t be able to sign players from overseas. Obviously not great in terms of things being done late and the uncertainty it creates. 

4 minutes ago, seanthecanary said:

BYG may know, but I think the main reason is to enable EPL clubs to loan or even sell surplus players out to EFL clubs.

5 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Yes, or signing players from Premier League clubs. 

In terms of money received it would probably be the best time to deal with Premier League clubs as they won’t be able to sign players from overseas. Obviously not great in terms of things being done late and the uncertainty it creates. 

Things could get very messy.  Like you say, it could drive prices up and offers for Lewis of £8 million plus addons would be far less likely 

Not to be churlish, but Lewis needs to win his place in THIS team before he thinks about getting his move to a bigger team. Least we forget Byram had the shirt before his injury.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

Not to be churlish, but Lewis needs to win his place in THIS team before he thinks about getting his move to a bigger team. Least we forget Byram had the shirt before his injury.

I think the fact that both Crystal Palace and now Liverpool have tabled bids for him suggests he entitled to think about a move.  Byram only had the shirt because Lewis was injured as well, it's unclear if he as a right footed player would have been chosen at left back otherwise.  If he is here next season, then of course he still needs to prove himself though.

• Like 1