I think around £15M will be enough as £20M is not only being greedy, but unrealistic. It's all very well for clubs to say we're not selling unless we get X (when they really mean Y) because you then have a player who is playing against their will and that is no good in The Championship. 

It will be an amazing move for Lewis when it does happen as he can learn so much, when he arguably cannot learn much more here. 

Edited by komakino
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Really. Didnt take webber long to change his mind by 5 million £!!

Source? In other words, this is all speculation. Dry your pants.

7 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

This is why it's called the silly  season  Nuffo, silly rumours started by silly  people, which are then believed  by even sillier people.   Got no problems  discussing the possibilities, but the minutae of offers etc does nothing for me whatsoever.  My feelings are that we either trust SW to get the best deal he can or we don't.  So far , when we've bought, sold or brought in a permanent( exception Drmic), he's  done a decent job imo. Let's trust the guy. 

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 6

14 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

The truth is that not many actually know what is being discussed other than those in the conversation, the rest is just speculation.

I'd actually take £15m but I'd want a player also, doubt we'd get him permanently but someone like Brewster would be useful to add some extra firepower.

• Like 2

A source (Twitter) for a Liverpool fan has stated a deal has been accepted at c.£14m. No other details. The bloke is the same fan who got the Minimino and Mane signings before the signings became public. Could be bull**** but there is more noise on social media this evening. No other details given.

3 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

https://podtail.com/en/podcast/life-s-a-pitch/must-manchester-city-win-the-champions-league-befo

He will be gone for 15m and wants to go. EDP sport suggesting webber being realistic at 15m. Read it for yourself before criticising others and ****ting yourself making stupid comments.

As webber says every player has his price.

£15m is supposedly the price for the Greek guy they were looking at, so seems a reasonable fee with add-ins for Jamal; I dare say we’ll get a number of the usual unhappy moans if it’s true... 

• Like 1

It won't stop people from moaning, but it could be that prices are dropping across the board and we have already agreed a replacement for less than we were expecting. That QPR fullback we were linked with had great stats last season and is in the last year of his contract I believe. Lewis out, two good players coming in and I'm happy.

4 minutes ago, Highland Canary said:

How many of Jamal, Max, Emi, Todd and Ben will be here next season?

How about you not being here next season ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Highland Canary said:

How many of Jamal, Max, Emi, Todd and Ben will be here next season?

Two, possibly even three.

9 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Bully. The guy asked a perfectly relevant question.

Every time the establishment is questioned the establishment on here troll out a bully to try and know you back down. Pathetic 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

How about you answer the question then ? 

Like you did FF? 

I think two will be here next season. Not sure which two though, depends when the bids come. 

25 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Like you did FF? 

I think two will be here next season. Not sure which two though, depends when the bids come. 

I think 3 too will go. Jamal for sure (think the Liverpool rumours are too hot). If I had to guess one of the other two it would be Max. 

It seems now we might be waiting for a sale to go through before we hear of any new incomer.

If we are to be a club run on a moneyball model, we need to buy players at their cheapest and sell them at their highest. If Manchester City are wiiling to pay £40m for Nathan Ake, as he is a home grown player, minimum Jamal is worth is £20m.

A penny less and he has been undervalued. Supply and demand.

Edited by Iwans Big Toe

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

I see we are only sticking to the 'lets be kind' thing on individual terms then? You know, unless we think of something funny to say?

In which case you're apparently allowed to be a bit of a c*nt to anyone who asks a fair question?

The guy asked a question Frank, which many people don't do on here. A question which someone else answered like an actual adult.

So what's your issue? Are you actually 12? 

2 hours ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Every time the establishment is questioned the establishment on here troll out a bully to try and know you back down. Pathetic 

Or in other words, every time someone puts up a spurious or misleading statement about things at the club, someone tries to explain the other side to it.....the trouble is you don't want to hear that.

We get it, you and a few others don't like the way the club is being run - that is your prerogative, but for the rest of us there is plenty to be positive about. The truth is probably that on balance, there is quite a lot that is good about "the establishment" but there are some things that could be done better - but even that is a good thing because it means there is always a challenge to improve.

We do not have to sell, but it is in our interests to sell and if we do manage to sell players to the likes of the champions of the premier league, then it is yet another clear sign that the club policies are working.   

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Whats the point in this? The guy asked a question, any reason to treat him like a lesser person? Maybe just the opportunity to get a cheap laugh at someone else's expense is enough for you?

Well, I'm sure you ended up feeling like a big man. So all's fair, right?

13 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Kah   Boooooom!!!

Are we actually celebrating this?

And we all make fun of the people who say there is an elitism culture here. 

Maybe they have a point when half the members are treated like their questions or opinions don't actually count as much as others.

Edited by Flying Dutchman
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

If we are to be a club run on a moneyball model, we need to buy players at their cheapest and sell them at their highest. If Manchester City are wiiling to pay £40m for Nathan Ake, as he is a home grown player, minimum Jamal is worth is £20m.

A penny less and he has been undervalued. Supply and demand.

Sorry chap , dont get your logic,  if a international  from a major footballing  nation who is highly regarded as a top quality centre half and is good  in the air is ' worth forty mill' .... then a potentially good  full back from a minor footballing  nation who defo isnt good in the air is worth 20.... why? How do you come at that figure? For sure its better for us than any smaller amount and it's a nice round figure  .... wheres the  reasoning ? Not knocking Jamal,  just dont see 20 mill. If they pay it  ,great.... doubt they will though. 

10 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Are we actually celebrating this?

And we all make fun of the people who say there is an elitism culture here. 

Maybe they have a point when half the members are treated like their questions or opinions don't actually count as much as others.

Do you read his absolutely  doom laden   posts ? Never ever got anything positive to say about the club, not sure whether  he's a troll or just a Sadsack.  Dont care  either way.

PS  I think he is Naismith.

Edited by wcorkcanary

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Do you read his absolutely  doom laden   posts ? Never ever got anything positive to say about the club, not sure whether  he's a troll or just a Sadsack.  Dont care  either way. 

But... He literally asked a legit question that offended nobody...

That's all. Straight, simple and to the point.

Play the post. Not the poster.

--------

I've been thinking for a while I might be done here. It just isn't a pleasant place to be anymore. Even many of the posters who generally post interesting/thought out stuff are becoming dragged in and really bitter. 

Always get an element of it  but it seems it's all the fofum has become now.

I'm hoping the start of a new season will change that maybe, but it isn't looking great.

17 minutes ago, Hucks6 said:

Grow up everybody is entitled to their opinion 

That phrase shouldn't irritate, yet there's a key word missing from it in my opinion. You're not entitled to an opinion, you're entitled to an informed opinion.

Good discussion enables us to work out which opinions are better informed than others.

If we get £15 million for Lewis, especially considering we've lashed out far less than that for McCullum, and also get one of their youngsters into the bargain I'll consider that an excellent piece of business. Larouci is supposed to be a prospect, and he's not too long off being home-grown himself as he's been in England nearly 3 years before the age of 21, and he's 19 right now.

Also, as much as it would hurt losing one of our own, you'll not get a better endorsement of the culture of the club in encouraging youth players to push on and make their claims to first team football than the European Champions signing up one of your talents. That's the kind of things that will make young players perk up their ears and think Norwich could be a destination of choice for them.

EDIT: Crikey, the word p-r-I-c-k is automatically censored???

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Hucks6 said:

Grow up everybody is entitled to their opinion 

All animals are created equal, some are more equal than others.

4 hours ago, South Sider said:

I see we are only sticking to the 'lets be kind' thing on individual terms then? You know, unless we think of something funny to say?

In which case you're apparently allowed to be a bit of a c*nt to anyone who asks a fair question?

The guy asked a question Frank, which many people don't do on here. A question which someone else answered like an actual adult.

So what's your issue? Are you actually 12? 

You are by far the biggest c*nt on here, need to read what you've just written, look in the mirror sometime and admit that you are really just projecting.

Can see right through you pal, and your issue. Drinking alone on a friday night, depressed, lonely, decide to log on just before midnight on a friday and take your anger out on a couple of people. Anger borne out of your deep self-loathing. Get a life or just have a cry w*nk instead.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You are by far the biggest c*nt on here, need to read what you've just written, look in the mirror sometime and admit that you are really just projecting.

Can see right through you pal, and your issue. Drinking alone on a friday night, depressed, lonely, decide to log on just before midnight on a friday and take your anger out on a couple of people. Anger borne out of your deep self-loathing. Get a life or just have a cry w*nk instead.

Whereas you have made yourself seem reasoned and reasonable with this? 

5 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Absolute meltdown... I feel quite sorry for you.