Klopp is No Mug 

if he is after Lewis that is because he sees him as a good player 

Some Managers / Head coaches see different players playing in Different positions 

it would not Surprise me to see Robertson pushed a little higher up in some games or if needed 

Also it might be the other way round he might see Lewis as a Left midfielder ?? 

Lewis will become a better player under klopp 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

F. Uck of f you jumped up tw. AT. hope I’ve lived up to you expectations. You are as naive as you are condescending. I wouldn’t justify myself to you if you we’re the last princess on earth. Once you take the boards metaphorical balls out of you mouth you might be far enough away from the stench of failure to smell the coffee.   

Beautifully articulated.    So typical, you haven't got the faintest clue what you're talking about, someone questions the rubbish you spout for what it is and all you can do is resort to throwing your toys.    

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

And that costs money. Having a Category One academy and having the necessary scouting network in the UK and abroad do not come cheap. If you look at TWTD you will find Ipswich fans, through gritted teeth, praising the way the club is run, not just compared with their club, which would be an easy contrast to make, but as an absolute. I also looked at one of the Sunderalnd forums to see what they said about Bali Mumba and why he had joined us, and there was the same envious appreciation.

Just to add, in terms of how many we might sell, and whom, and for how much, I think the club has to assume it will get zero match-day income in the coming season, and budget accordingly. Anything we receive will be a bonus.

That may mean we sell more than we had previously bargained for, which will prompt such as Highland to claim it is a firesale* brought about by incompetence. Which would be to overlook several things, such as the longer-term planning - including from before anyone had thought about a pandemic - that has provided us with potential replacements.

*I see the true firesale at Bournemouth that Highland predicted would never hapen has already started...

11 hours ago, Hardhouse44 said:

F. Uck of f you jumped up tw. AT. hope I’ve lived up to you expectations. You are as naive as you are condescending. I wouldn’t justify myself to you if you we’re the last princess on earth. Once you take the boards metaphorical balls out of you mouth you might be far enough away from the stench of failure to smell the coffee.   

What on earth are you doing, posting something like this on this discussion board? Do you not realise that you have just devalued anything you may ever wish to say on here? It is a truly hopeless post and a unacceptable way to behave. Now, no one can ever take you seriously. There may be sites where this sort of thing is acceptable, but most people would have nothing to do with them. I despair!!!! Sent in sorrow, not in anger or spite 😞

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pugin said:

What on earth are you doing, posting something like this on this discussion board? Do you not realise that you have just devalued anything you may ever wish to say on here? It is a truly hopeless post and a unacceptable way to behave. Now, no one can ever take you seriously. There may be sites where this sort of thing is acceptable, but most people would have nothing to do with them. I despair!!!! Sent in sorrow, not in anger or spite 😞

Has anyone on here ever taken him seriously?

11 hours ago, Hardhouse44 said:

blimey, you are s bad as hand crank used to be with his potty mouth

37 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Just to add, in terms of how many we might sell, and whom, and for how much, I think the club has to assume it will get zero match-day income in the coming season, and budget accordingly. Anything we receive will be a bonus.

That may mean we sell more than we had previously bargained for, which will prompt such as Highland to claim it is a firesale* brought about by incompetence. Which would be to overlook several things, such as the longer-term planning - including from before anyone had thought about a pandemic - that has provided us with potential replacements.

*I see the true firesale at Bournemouth that Highland predicted would never hapen has already started...

what's the difference between a fire sale and a repositioning of the squad? I think we will both accept big bids for our best players...£40m is not a bad offer I'd say and hardly a fire sale. They are in the same boat as us.

2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

what's the difference between a fire sale and a repositioning of the squad? I think we will both accept big bids for our best players...£40m is not a bad offer I'd say and hardly a fire sale. They are in the same boat as us.

I'd say the difference is that a firesale is an unplanned unloading of assets in order to balance the books. Whereas a repositioning of the squad is a preplanned strategy to progress incrementally. You may call 'semantics' again,  but time will tell which is which and who is correct. 

14 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

oh dear

they have a debt of over £100m

a wage bill of £110m

and as of June 2019 transfer payments outstanding of £79m

they do not own their ground, and can only raise ticket sales on 11,000

and they are in the same boat as us !

gawd save us from idiots  🤪

Edited by Bill
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Wcork has answered. A firesale is what we had in 1996. In effect we were forced to sell because of the mess our finances had got into.

Now, if it wasn't for the virus, and the damage that act of God has already caused us and the potential lack of any match-day income for the following season, I am not sure we would need to sell anyone this summer.

With Bournemouth, and I doubt the Ake sale is that last there will be, their finances by all accounts, leaving aside the virus, are in a real mess anyway. That is the significant difference.

Something similar In the pipeline for a while. 

McCallum a significant investment for Norwich in context. Very much aligned with the model. 

Byram also a good player,  notwithstanding injury concerns which were clearly factored in. 

Within these parameters Lewis is both poster boy for the methodology - again advertising à la Maddison the clear and exciting development and playing time pathway that Norwich offer the best young prospects - and also clearly replaceable (in fact already replaced). 

Given the financial limits of the Club’s ownership structure, that surely is optimum management?

As for Jamal deliberately opting for a lower option than Liverpool. No.

The ‘best’ team in the world want you? 5 times your salary? Champions League? Maybe 15-20 games a season? (And every player with a bit about them and on the way up  thinks they’ll smash it in training and be a first choice regular, be made Captain and lift the Champions League trophy in front of 100k at the Nou Camp..why else dedicate your entire life to it?)

Norwich can also put Norwich-to-Champions-League-winners on their pathway CV as the next Jamal visits Colney. Powerful stuff. 

Parma

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy
  • Like 9

3 minutes ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Something similar In the pipeline for a while. 

McCallum a significant investment for Norwich in context. Very much aligned with the model. 

Byram also a good player,  notwithstanding injury concerns which were clearly factored in. 

Within these parameters Lewis is both poster boy for the methodology - again advertising à la Maddison the clear and exciting development and playing time pathway that Norwich offer the best young prospects - and also clearly replaceable (in fact already replaced). 

Given the financial limits of the Club’s ownership structure, that surely is optimum management?

As for Jamal deliberately opting for a lower option than Liverpool. No.

The ‘best’ team in the world want you? 5 times your salary? Champions League? Maybe 15-20 games a season? (And every player with a bit about them and on the way up  thinks they’ll smash it in training and be a first choice regular, be made Captain and lift the Champions League trophy in front of 100k at the Nou Camp..why else dedicate your entire life to it?)

Norwich can also put Norwich-to-Champions-League-winners on their pathway CV as the next Jamal visits Colney. Powerful stuff. 

Parma

Would just like to add that Jamal could play with a lot more confidence at Liverpool, knowing that VVD is keeping an eye on the space he vacates when attacking. When he (jamal) plays without fear , he is a different player....see 2018/19 season and his performances for NI. He will also be encouraged to feed the early cross as Liverpool's attack is much more geared up for this than we are. 

• Like 1

This thread has been very strange. Normally paper talk is laughed at, but for some reason several, who clearly want to bash the club took it that we have agreed to sell Jamal at £10 million. Some also said Jamal wasn’t ready for a move to Liverpool. It now seems the club are asking for £20 million, Jamal is saying within 2 years he wants to be with a side in the Champions League, It is Liverpool that have put a figure in the papers and in fact we have not even had an approach, let alone what most have reported as fact that Jamal has returned from his holiday.

Of course what Liverpool have done is turned the head of one of our players, and probably several others. This is the way big clubs operate. And before people suggest little ol Norwich I would suggest this happens to much bigger clubs, Leicester, Wolves and even themselves when Real Madrid and Barcelona come calling.

Do I think Jamal will be sold - If there is a real offer yes probably. He has his goals just like when he was brave enough to leave Luton.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/canaries-jamal-lewis-liverpool-transfer-pursuit-1-6779464

• Like 1

Its no surprise that £20 million is more the figure Webber is looking to achieve and rightly so. By the sounds of things Yasser Larouci prefers playing Left Wing. Do we need further competition in that area? Sounds still quite raw according to Liverpool fans.

Liverpool/agent clearly getting the “bid” out there so as to try and get the player to force the move. “Liverpool value him at £8m plus £2m add ons.”

What an arrogant, odious club they are. He will want to go there but we must not allow a move to be forced on the cheap. Big test for Webber this one as will set a precedent. 

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

Liverpool/agent clearly getting the “bid” out there so as to try and get the player to force the move. “Liverpool value him at £8m plus £2m add ons.”

What an arrogant, odious club they are. He will want to go there but we must not allow a move to be forced on the cheap. Big test for Webber this one as will set a precedent. 

You're right, whatever our first sale of one of our youngsters achieves sets a president for other sales and sends a message to buying clubs that our youngsters are/not available on the cheap for example. I believe Webber will stand firm on this point and rightly so.

5 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

You're right, whatever our first sale of one of our youngsters achieves sets a president for other sales and sends a message to buying clubs that our youngsters are/not available on the cheap for example. I believe Webber will stand firm on this point and rightly so.

I agree, but Jamal is the most difficult one to keep as the rest are almost guaranteed starters at Norwich, Assuming Byram is fit and McCullum is already ready Jamal may find himself warming the bench. It’s a very difficult one.

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I agree, but Jamal is the most difficult one to keep as the rest are almost guaranteed starters at Norwich, Assuming Byram is fit and McCullum is already ready Jamal may find himself warming the bench. It’s a very difficult one.

Don't agree, Byram being fit is a bit assumption. Lewis has been a first choice starter all season and will remain so if he stays.

2 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Don't agree, Byram being fit is a bit assumption. Lewis has been a first choice starter all season and will remain so if he stays.

That isn’t true. We had a spell with Byram at left back when Lewis was fit.

Edited by Branston Pickle

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I actually prefer Byram to Lewis and would take £20m (for example) for him, plus one of Liverpools younger promising players. We all know Byram is unlikely to feature every game due to his injury record, but by the sounds of things Sam McCallum should be ready to step up regardless.

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Agreed. This is part of the Farke philosophy. If a player gets injured and his replacement is doing well, then the one who was injured has to wait until such time as that changes.

13 hours ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Lockdowns gone well for you then?

• Haha 4

I have had a definite belief that a move for Jamal has been in train ever since we signed McCallum. It's been clear he was likely to be sold. Jamal and folk at the club have known about it. The Liverpool talk has been around ever since January. I'm quite sure the two clubs will have been in contact.

Once one leaves then you'd imagine the other young stars would want a piece of the action, not a re-run of a season in the Championship? It's a natural progression for them and the club.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Bryam is not a left back though. That was just because he had performed ok whilst Lewis was out and as usual Farke was doing his "don;t change the team" until you have to thing.

We also have no real feel yet for whether McCullum is up to it.

There is no doubt Lewis is out first choice left back and I think he had a better season than most last season. Yes he has weaknesses in terms of defending crosses at the far post and his final ball is very frustrating but improve those on the training ground and you've got a top player in your hands. In my opinion potentially better than Aarons as he's bigger/more athletic.

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Bryam is not a left back though. That was just because he had performed ok whilst Lewis was out and as usual Farke was doing his "don;t change the team" until you have to thing.

There is no doubt Lewis is out first choice left back and I think he had a better season than most last season. Yes he has weaknesses in terms of defending crosses at the far post and his final ball is very frustrating but improve those on the training ground and you've got a top player in your hands. In my opinion potentially better than Aarons as he's bigger/more athletic.

I dont think anyone was doubting his ability nor saying that he isnt first choice, but McCallum was certainly brought in as his like for like replacement. Lewis has been linked with clubs for some time - like Crystal Palace for example. Byram is competent at LB or RB will be a quality player next season if he remains injury free.

6 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

We as fans might not do, but i'm guessing our scouts and more recently our coaching staff do.

29 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

True, but I think Lewis would start in the Champs as he's more of an attacking threat.

8 million is an insult to Jamal. It is bad enough to unsettle a player, but to rate him at such a low price - just because they want him as back up - is bullying. 

Lewis must realise he is replacing another player - the same age who wants to leave.