Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Brentford v Fulham

Who’s going to hold their nerve tonight? Will the Bees freeze or produce some more champagne football on the big stage. I’m going for 2.2 in 90 minutes and Fulham in extra time. 

Brentford all day long for me, have several good friends who support them and I’ve been many times, would be great to see a ‘different’ side in the PL.  
To be fair that does apply to Fulham, too - used to live in Putney and watch them when they were utter garbage in the early 90s.

I'd like to see Brentford win. From what I've seen this season, they looked arguably the best side in the division and it was just their consistency that let them down. It's also nice to see new sides and 'underdogs' reach the Premier League every now and again.

Saying that though, I'd expect Brentford to lose some key players if they don't go up and as a result, I think they'd be weaker opposition for us next season.

30 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Brentford, never Been in the Prem before, flashy new stadium and a great fanbse with a fun pacy squad.

Up the bees, sting those.. uh.. what are Fulham.. Cottages? 🤔

The Cottagers 😉

I would like Fulham to be promoted as we would then avoid them next season. They could field 11 cripples against us and still we wouldn’t win.

• Like 1

Heart says I'd like Brentford to go up, head says it would better for Norwich if Fulham were out of the division.

• Like 1

Brentford fail to go can see Watkins and Benrahama going.

Fulham fail to go up could see mitrovic going, and maybe even scott parker.

Would be really interesting to see how Brentford do should they go up. I like their blend of football and physicality. Wouldn't mind Thomas Frank as our HC at some point.

In the end Fulham were a bit fortunate to get passed Cardiff but a good side and I'd rather they were out of way tbh.

Should be a tight old game.

Usually say Fulham to avoid them like the plague, but lets have at them next season and take 6 points off them.

From our point of view I'd rather Fulham are out of the way next season...and if they are, on 'paper' it doesnt look the strongest league to me.

Moreso if Derby go the same way as Sheff Wed and get docked -12

Personally I'd like to see Brentford in the PL but from a Leeds standpoint I hope Fulham win so we can buy Benrahma and Watkins.😀

4 hours ago, king canary said:

Heart says I'd like Brentford to go up, head says it would better for Norwich if Fulham were out of the division.

Why? Brentford finished above Fulham who will be having to sell players this summer. It took Fulham 4 years to get back up last time (via the playoffs) and they came straight back down - having spent a reported £130 million in the transfer market in an effort to stay up.

Some of those who stayed loyal last year will probably want t leave if they don't get promotion (e.g. Mitrovic - 26 goals) - they will be left with the ones that nobody else wants (and probably on inflated wages). They did much better when they had a poorer owner 😉

• Like 1

I would like Brentford to go up, I think Brentford will win however, it would be better for Norwich to have Fulham win I’d have thought?

Fulham are better funded, we have a terrible record against Fulham and also I think this Brentford team will be broken up after this match if they lose and it may take them a while to recover. Their manager might be highly sort after as well. 

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

No chance Leeds could afford Benrahma let alone both of them!

Supposedly Bielsa has a transfer budget of between £45 million and £50 million.

I think Brentford are a better footballing side but I’d prefer Fulham to go up-when you’re sitting in the away end at Craven Cottage it can be freezing with the wind coming off the Thames so missing out on that would be good👍

29 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Similar to ours last year. 

Norwich spent £50 million, in a single season?😲

Come on Brentford! I echo Badger's post. Fulham will probably lose a few players due to FFP if they don't win tonight, and Brentford are a better team anyway in my opinion. Plus they're a great club with great fans, would be awesome to see them take on the PL in their new stadium.