Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Brentford v Fulham

..said it before...but now Fulham are out if the way, its looks an ordinary league next season, not a lot of money about (other than parachute payments/ sales of players for £20m +)

Clearly were Watford to keep their squad together with the likes of Delofeu, Pereyra, Deeney etc , they would be very strong but I dont think we could have asked for too much better?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

..said it before...but now Fulham are out if the way, its looks an ordinary league next season, not a lot of money about (other than parachute payments/ sales of players for £20m +)

Clearly were Watford to keep their squad together with the likes of Delofeu, Pereyra, Deeney etc , they would be very strong but I dont think we could have asked for too much better?

I mean, much as I wanted Brentford to go up

Fulham always tend to batter us so happy they out

32 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I know you'll disagree but I don't think Fulham would've been a threat next season. They'd have lost their best players and would have been paying shedloads of money for players that nobody wants so couldn't afford to replace them.

Be interesting to see what they do in the summer!

9 minutes ago, Badger said:

I know you'll disagree but I don't think Fulham would've been a threat next season. They'd have lost their best players and would have been paying shedloads of money for players that nobody wants so couldn't afford to replace them.

Be interesting to see what they do in the summer!

Would still have had another season of parachute payments...and still have a very very rich owner

Theyd have been stronger next season than I believe Brentford will

45 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I agree it doesn't look as strong as some recent seasons on paper but the unpredictability of the championship means its possible anyone including the likes of just promoted Wycombe could end up being a force. Its ridiculous but its the championship. 

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I agree it doesn't look as strong as some recent seasons on paper but the unpredictability of the championship means its possible anyone including the likes of just promoted Wycombe could end up being a force. Its ridiculous but its the championship. 

...think you've gone a bit overboard with Wycombe!?

Brentford needed to be quick out of the blocks and never got going, I guess you could give Fulham credit for that; they pretty much deserved their win. Parker looks a decent manager and you’d fancy them not to make the stupid mistakes they made last time.  

5 hours ago, lake district canary said:

?  Are you sure about that?

Yeah, thats kind of why I wrote it.

10 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Would still have had another season of parachute payments...and still have a very very rich owner

Theyd have been stronger next season than I believe Brentford will

They'd be in the final year of parachute payments, so would lose 30+ million year on year (?) + having to make the necessary adjustments downwards by getting rid of players that they can, but still having to pay the sky high wages of their equivalent of Jarvis/ Naismith etc, that nobody else wants.

I know they have a very rich owner - they have been relatively unsuccessful since he took over, after having a period of success and stability with a much poorer owner.

Btw - he's not as rich as the Barnsley owner and nowhere near as rich as the QPR owners...

I appreciate that the absence of a crowd does not help but I thought this was a typical version of modern day football. Mainly square passing possession football with a slow build up and barely a shot on goal. Boring with little evidence of good individual attacking play. The main difference between two very average teams - Fulham probably had more tougher and bigger players. They will surely struggle next season particularly as I did not see them as being as good as us when we were last promoted.

2 minutes ago, vos said:

I appreciate that the absence of a crowd does not help but I thought this was a typical version of modern day football. Mainly square passing possession football with a slow build up and barely a shot on goal. Boring with little evidence of good individual attacking play. The main difference between two very average teams - Fulham probably had more tougher and bigger players. They will surely struggle next season particularly as I did not see them as being as good as us when we were last promoted.

Feel like one of the defining features of the match was that while Brentford had a lot of pace, skills and such they got clearly got tired easily while Fulham seemed much stronger and fitter..

So needless to say Brentford kind of reminded me of us

55 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Feel like one of the defining features of the match was that while Brentford had a lot of pace, skills and such they got clearly got tired easily while Fulham seemed much stronger and fitter..

So needless to say Brentford kind of reminded me of us

Fulham's squad has more depth in quality. Brentford were bringing on ex Oxford players, Fulham ex Premier League. Parker got it tactically spot on.

Will be interesting to see how Brentford do next season if they lose the likes if Watkins and Benrahma.

10 hours ago, Badger said:

They'd be in the final year of parachute payments, so would lose 30+ million year on year (?) + having to make the necessary adjustments downwards by getting rid of players that they can, but still having to pay the sky high wages of their equivalent of Jarvis/ Naismith etc, that nobody else wants.

I know they have a very rich owner - they have been relatively unsuccessful since he took over, after having a period of success and stability with a much poorer owner.

Btw - he's not as rich as the Barnsley owner and nowhere near as rich as the QPR owners...

2 promotions in a few seasons is failure but major achievement if talking about us, fair enough.