Livorno Serie B 10 1 0 9 7 22 3 0.30
Birmingham Championship 9 0 3 6 6 18 3 0.33
CD Aves Primeira Liga 10 1 1 8 1 21 4 0.40
Hull City Championship 9 1 1 7 8 24 4 0.44
Crystal Palace Premier League 9 1 1 7 5 18 4 0.44
Paderborn Bundesliga 9 0 4 5 7 20 4 0.44
FC Koln Bundesliga 9 0 4 5 12 24 4 0.44

8 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I think there's a few well disappointed to have missed out on so many booing opportunities....

If you can’t boo after losing 11 in a row and finishing bottom with our worst ever points tally, when can you?  I did plenty of virtual booing.  

• Like 2

It’s hard for even the happy clappers to dismiss how truly awful last season was and more importantly how badly run the club is at this time in our history

Unless we have a storming start to next season surely a change of ownership and direction is needed 

Delia out , stinking rich Chinese owner in 

Its not a whine it's disappointment at the results of our club... One might argue that ignoring the evidence in front of you, leads to the complacent attitude towards failure.... Hardly challenges those in charge does it...

• Like 1

With a pathetic record like that Farke must be on borrowed time.

If he doesn't get us out of the rut we're in the first 10 games of next season then he won't last long.

The pressure is on.

Pah!....I can personally guarantee that all those other ignominious clubs in that totally insignificant 'worst performance table' don't really understand that we at NCFC are actually strictly on course and adhering to our future success. That is in being a total self-funding club coupled with 'The Project'......

Just you all wait, because in our gestation period of around 9+ months time, we'll chortle and **** a snook at all those inane and ignominious critics that guffaw and lambaste our current final standing in that totally insignificant 'worst performance table'.....Especially when we achieve our ultimate target of being a hugely successful self-funding top 26 club, and it'll all be down to our esteemed forward thinking DoF, Cracking Coaching staff and certainly not forgetting our illustrious and industrious NCFC Board.... Viva la 'The Project!'.....

Tbh it is the performances more than the results for me - we could scrape several wins early doors and have it mask any number of issues, or be playing well and not get the rub (as at the start of last season).  In my lifetime we have rarely been front-runners from the off and may need a bit of time before the results come.

Edited by Branston Pickle

I could understand the point of this post if our terrible end to the season had not been discussed to the "nth" degree over the last month or so. At some point we have to start looking forward, the season as a whole was a huge disappointment, we got relegated, numerous posts about that is not going to change that. And I have to say it is sad to see the term "happy clapper" being used, we are all fans of Norwich City aren't we?, yes we have different opinions and we will never all agree but could we at least do that without the name calling?............

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB
  • Like 1

I'm glad someone has brought this up, it has gone largely unnoticed. It's not like we had our own fans scraping around for "this is worse than *pick a season*" or finding random statistics like "We've won less second half throw ins when kicking towards the Barclay than in 1938". I swear some people revel in the misery; must be some sort of coping mechanism.

There's probably still some fans out there "not accepting" relegation too.

Edited by Duncan Edwards
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's interesting that Paderborn are in that chart also. Aren't they the Norwich City of German football. Playing much the same way as us with a similar setup?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

It's interesting that Paderborn are in that chart also. Aren't they the Norwich City of German football. Playing much the same way as us with a similar setup?

I'm not sure if that's your way of suggesting this approach or 'The Project' doesn't work, but I think you'll find that there are many different ways of operating on that list and two out of ten doesn't give a huge indication.

Do we still need reminding ? For Christ sake let's move on and not focus on last season's negatives !!!

Some peeps really like being depressed. 

Forget it. It's over. Move on. Try smiling!!!

3 hours ago, Jonncfc said:

If you can’t boo after losing 11 in a row and finishing bottom with our worst ever points tally, when can you?  I did plenty of virtual booing.  

If course you can boo. I wouldn't presume to suggest otherwise. But virtual booing had the same effect as virtual supporting.

2 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

It’s hard for even the happy clappers to dismiss how truly awful last season was and more importantly how badly run the club is at this time in our history

Unless we have a storming start to next season surely a change of ownership and direction is needed 

Delia out , stinking rich Chinese owner in 

The happy clappers have actually come out of this rather well. With 19 goals from the 14 games they could clap and 0 goals from the 5 games without them we can see that the Carrow Road clappers are worth 1.357 goals per game putting them top of the 'most valuable supporters before lockdown' table.

👏👏👏👏👏

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Michael Starr said:

I could not believe that Paderborn were in the bottom 10 with my mate Srbeny scoring for fun.

It is a sign of how brilliant the board is at PR that many fans, including a good number on here, keep applauding (and attacking all any any criticism) even as we perform historically badly - breaking many records along the way. 

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Tbh it is the performances more than the results for me - we could scrape several wins early doors and have it mask any number of issues, or be playing well and not get the rub (as at the start of last season).  In my lifetime we have rarely been front-runners from the off and may need a bit of time before the results come.

I’d almost say the opposite. Of course if the performances are great from the off, then brilliant. But it’s going to take time to get the new players to gel, to get confidence back up after last season. We also for most of last season looked unable to scrap, grind out points when we couldn’t dominate games. If we scrape a few messy 1-0 wins without looking great, and whilst we’re trying to find some form and confidence, then I’d be pretty happy. That’s what we need to be able to do more of.

Results are far more important that performances for the first 10. If we don't start racking up points real quick the pressure will mount quickly on Farke.

16 minutes ago, Aggy said:

I’d almost say the opposite. Of course if the performances are great from the off, then brilliant. But it’s going to take time to get the new players to gel, to get confidence back up after last season. We also for most of last season looked unable to scrap, grind out points when we couldn’t dominate games. If we scrape a few messy 1-0 wins without looking great, and whilst we’re trying to find some form and confidence, then I’d be pretty happy. That’s what we need to be able to do more of.

The problem is that if we just look a bit of a mess but scrape results, that can cover over cracks that can become massive crevices.  

Last season the signs were clearly there from the off for anyone that could see beyond the slightly iffy results - and Farke was apparently under pressure from some supporters as a result.  What I’m saying is that we need to look at the performance and ‘signs’ rather than purely the results.  

39 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Last season the signs were clearly there from the off for anyone that could see beyond the slightly iffy results  

Are you talking about the Premier league or Championship season Branston ?

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

It is a sign of how brilliant the board is at PR that many fans, including a good number on here, keep applauding (and attacking all any any criticism) even as we perform historically badly - breaking many records along the way. 

It is called debate, neither side in the argument should think their view is not going to be challenged. We are all supporters of Norwich City and we have different views, that is just the nature of football and football supporters. Numerous posts on how rubbish we are/were is not going to change things, it certainly is not going to make me dislike the club that I have supported through thick and thin and thinner, man and boy, that is not to say I do not have the occasional moan nor do I condemn those that have a more negative view of things. I really do not see the point in stating another thread on a subject that has been discussed, debated and argued about in so many different forms, but hey if the OP is looking to win "hearts and minds" in respect of their point of view it has not worked for me...........