1 hour ago, Bonzo said:

Bennett is a legend but one cannot stand in the same river twice.

Sorry, but he's not even remotely within 95874 miles of being a 'legend' for NCFC.

52 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Sorry, but he's not even remotely within 95874 miles of being a 'legend' for NCFC.

I was trying to be nice.

How about leg end?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Harry53 said:

I never saw him play as wasn't a fan then but why on earth would we want an older player? Yes we need experience but not someone who is over 25.

Recent signing of players well over 25 include Krul, Pukki and Vrancic. 

Its silly to assume that just because we have a focus on developing our own talent that we may not see the need for some experience now and again. How many points would we have had this season with an inexperienced keeper? Krul has been indispensable.

If Klose and Vrancic are on the way out (very possible) and with Tettey in his last season, there probably is a need for a mature head or two coming in. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Its silly to assume that just because we have a focus on developing our own talent that we may not see the need for some experience now and again. How many points would we have had this season with an inexperienced keeper? Krul has been indispensable.

If Klose and Vrancic are on the way out (very possible) and with Tettey in his last season, there probably is a need for a mature head or two coming in. 

Wouldn't exactly say we're short of experience in the middle of the park if Vrancic and Tettey go. McLean's obviously got a fair bit of experience of British football, Dowell's young but has a few seasons in there as well, and Rupp's 29. Not to mention many of our squad have been there before. Wouldn't mind seeing another experienced centre-half come in, but as I've said in other threads, I strongly suspect Famewo's going to be given the pre-season to make his case.

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Wouldn't exactly say we're short of experience in the middle of the park if Vrancic and Tettey go. McLean's obviously got a fair bit of experience of British football, Dowell's young but has a few seasons in there as well, and Rupp's 29. Not to mention many of our squad have been there before. Wouldn't mind seeing another experienced centre-half come in, but as I've said in other threads, I strongly suspect Famewo's going to be given the pre-season to make his case.

Farke has said he wants some experienced Championship operators in his squad. I agree with him. 

People like Bennett and Rhodes tick that box. 

Rupp, who has played 0 games in the Championship does not. Neither does 22 year old Kieran Dowell. 

Simple. And Farke is right, if we want to hit the ground running then we should sign 2 or 3 who know what it takes to get out of this league. Remember that Ryan Bennett has been promoted twice with two different clubs. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I agree with this.

Whilst the focus is clearly on developing yoing players, it's unrealistic to have a squad entirely of players under the age of 25. They need some older heads to help guide them, as we've seen with Krul and the young members of our back four.

One thing to point out though is that despite his young age, Dowell has actually picked up quite a lot of Championship experience already.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Farke has said he wants some experienced Championship operators in his squad. I agree with him. 

People like Bennett and Rhodes tick that box. 

Rupp, who has played 0 games in the Championship does not. Neither does 22 year old Kieran Dowell. 

Simple. And Farke is right, if we want to hit the ground running then we should sign 2 or 3 who know what it takes to get out of this league. Remember that Ryan Bennett has been promoted twice with two different clubs. 

I agree apart from I do think Dowell ticks that box even better - experience in this league and still young.

• Like 1

Depending on tonight’s result I would like to see us in for Pontus Jansson - good CB at champ level and streetwise character that Farke would be looking for