Sign in to follow this  
MadDan

How odd

The forum gets plagued with all these people that have contacts within clubs, know for certain a rumour iis true yet time and time again City sign up someone that no one has had prior knowledge off.

There are those that will post any old fanciful tosh just because it happens to mention City, there are those, perhaps, with a university education that will trumpet out some grand revelation only to hide behind the spurious cover that it is from another website. If true they will claim their prestige and if false (as usual) they will claim they were only reporting what someone else has said.

But fear not if all else fails for some they can even claim spiritual guidance and in best mystic tradition deny having ever said it or that you should not have read it was posted.

So here is a challenge to all the anti club fanatics, doommongers and warlocks. Tell us exactly who will join the club between now and midnight and who will join us after the deadline tonight.

No if''s or buts.

Lets see you actually state the names who you say WILL join(or leave) the club.

[quote user="MadDan"]The forum gets plagued with all these people that have contacts within clubs, know for certain a rumour iis true yet time and time again City sign up someone that no one has had prior knowledge off. There are those that will post any old fanciful tosh just because it happens to mention City, there are those, perhaps, with a university education that will trumpet out some grand revelation only to hide behind the spurious cover that it is from another website. If true they will claim their prestige and if false (as usual) they will claim they were only reporting what someone else has said. But fear not if all else fails for some they can even claim spiritual guidance and in best mystic tradition deny having ever said it or that you should not have read it was posted. So here is a challenge to all the anti club fanatics, doommongers and warlocks. Tell us exactly who will join the club between now and midnight and who will join us after the deadline tonight. No if''s or buts. Lets see you actually state the names who you say WILL join(or leave) the club.[/quote]

1st wizard quote: No one of any note will sign for City...........................I thank you.[;)]

[quote user="MadDan"]The forum gets plagued with all these people that have contacts within clubs, know for certain a rumour iis true yet time and time again City sign up someone that no one has had prior knowledge off. There are those that will post any old fanciful tosh just because it happens to mention City, there are those, perhaps, with a university education that will trumpet out some grand revelation only to hide behind the spurious cover that it is from another website. If true they will claim their prestige and if false (as usual) they will claim they were only reporting what someone else has said. But fear not if all else fails for some they can even claim spiritual guidance and in best mystic tradition deny having ever said it or that you should not have read it was posted. So here is a challenge to all the anti club fanatics, doommongers and warlocks. Tell us exactly who will join the club between now and midnight and who will join us after the deadline tonight. No if''s or buts. Lets see you actually state the names who you say WILL join(or leave) the club.[/quote]

As you can see I was claiming credit for nothing - even before he signed.  I just found that one beleivable out of all the rumours i had read (that and Andy Grey  lol)   As I have said before - I no no-one at the club and only post internet links.  Thanks DippyDan.

Today, 1:00 AM

Paul Rankin is not online. Last active: 31/01/2006 11:21:47 Paul Rankin

Top 75 Posts
Joined on 06/01/2004
Norwich
Posts 1,189

Re: 4 signings rumoured on the cards

Reply Quote

Just to confirn that this rumour is taken from WOTB, also to confirm that it seemed beleivable, which is why i posted it here.

Party!!! [<:o)] Were on the way up!!!

Party!!! [<:o)] Nigel all the way!!

Party!!! [<:o)] Waghorn for Sports Journo of the year!!

I have it on good authority that Earnshaw is coming to watch the match at Reading tonight with the intention of signing.

However after we get beaten 5-0 without any Norwich players having a shot on target, he''ll suddenly develop a severe case of writers cramp and quickly make his escape back up to the Midlands.

earnshaw coming to watch tonight. on good authority ? please pray tell on whos is this good authority, a fee has to be agreed before we can talk to any player. how much have we paid ?.

OK Mad Dan - I have a couple of contacts at NCFC who, occasionally, have talked about what is going on at the club. I must stress that this is purely in friendly conversation and they are NOT either slagging off anyone within the club OR divulging major secrets. The only information I have had recently that may not have been public knowledge is that ''up to 4 players could leave''.

Ashton was one, Brennan became the second and it was inferred that Henderson and Charlton were the others, with a hint that a replacement for McVeigh MAY be targetted depending on contract talks with WLY.

Henderson was to be released (possibly on loan) if Halford agreed to sign and the loan of Rehman suggests a replacement for Brennan as I understand he is naturally left-footed although prefers to play centrally. This signing also provides cover for the unlucky Jason Shackell who will probably not be fully fit for another few weeks.

Norwich were so paranoid (allegedly) about gazumping that they did not make any overtures about Cameron Jerome until the Ashton deal was done and only when this became a possible ''no-goer'' did they enquire about McSheffrey who apparently made it clear he did not want to join the Canaries.

Most of this has been in the public domain either through Worthy''s lips or the EDP/PinkUn/Evening News except for the fact that it appears the board did not want any increase in the squad size at this moment in time. Basically whoever leaves will be replaced but no additions.

My own opinion (this is nether allegation nor rumour) is that the board are concerned that this season is unlikely to end in promotion and that there will be a negative impact on ticket sales, merchandising as well as increased difficulty in attracting ''top'' players to Carrow Road. Therefore the catchphrase ''prudence with ambition'' will be introduced again with the focus on the ''prudence''. Perhaps there is a slight lessening of belief in NW and that the board will review the situation in the light of the team''s performances between now and the end of the season. If the team performs consistently well and flirts with the play-offs, NW will remain with reasonable funds for team strengthening (don''t forget 6 players will be out of contract - 25% of the squad - in June). If results are inconsistent and the play-offs are nowhere to be seen then there may be a change in the management structure.

[quote user="Islington Canary"]

I have it on good authority that Earnshaw is coming to watch the match at Reading tonight with the intention of signing.

However after we get beaten 5-0 without any Norwich players having a shot on target, he''ll suddenly develop a severe case of writers cramp and quickly make his escape back up to the Midlands.

[/quote]

Sad but true.

I have it on "good authority" from a "source" at the club that Rick Waghorn is to join City as a "Message Board Troubleshooter".  So I fully expect to RabidDan frequenting many more message boards spreading the good word about how City are a club heading "Onwards and Upwards"

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

1st wizard quote: No one of any note will sign for City...........................I thank you.[;)]

[/quote]

How odd, you were WRONG!

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

How odd, you were WRONG!

[/quote]no, he''s still correct. Have you seen earnshaw''s ball control - good job he''s quick.3.5m worthy and the board have totally lost the plot.p.s can you stop your personal crusade against wiz, it''s getting very boring. quick wiz has just posted again - you better respond..................

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]p.s can you stop your personal crusade against wiz, it''s getting very boring. quick wiz has just posted again - you better respond..................[/quote]The only crusade I see is Lizard and his pathetic attacks on a board with the best interests of the club at heart.He deserves much worse. Most well run boards I visit ban persistant trolls like him very quickly.He typifies the dictionary description:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll