Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

Hamilton

Dear Sir,

I note that in todays fixture Hamilton Academicals fielded a player called 'Hamilton'. I hope that prompts a rule change that says that each team must deploy a player with the same name as the team.

Yours,

Mr A Borussia-Monchengladbach.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I remember a few years ago Hartlepool won a match and their two goalscorers were Hartley and Poole. Does that count?

I think you’ve just made that up? 🤣

35 minutes ago, Sideshow Tim said:

It’ll be interesting to see who Scunthorpe sign!?

Kevin Muscat I presume?

• Like 4

Image someone is named after a famous manager who then grows up and plays for that manager. Jurgen klopp

When I was playing for a local village team we had a player called Ivor Blewett. He won Player of the Year so you can imagine the inscription on the trophy when his christian name was initialised. Cornish names do lend themselves to humour.

When I was married at Earlham Church the organist was Norwich City Council Chief Health Inspector, Mr J H Smellie

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

When I was playing for a local village team we had a player called Ivor Blewett. He won Player of the Year so you can imagine the inscription on the trophy when his christian name was initialised. Cornish names do lend themselves to humour.

When I was married at Earlham Church the organist was Norwich City Council Chief Health Inspector, Mr J H Smellie

I one worked with a guy called 'Olphin', his parents decided to name him David, he invented a middle name so that he didn't have sign anything as 'D Olphin'.

Workplaces can be cruel places and it's no surprise that his nickname was 'Flipper'.

40 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

I one worked with a guy called 'Olphin', his parents decided to name him David, he invented a middle name so that he didn't have sign anything as 'D Olphin'.

Workplaces can be cruel places and it's no surprise that his nickname was 'Flipper'.

Years ago at school our usernames on the PC’s were our surname followed immediately by our first name initial. So for example John Smith’s would be smithj

Spare a thought for my classmate Oliver Pead...

The political journalist for The Observer, Nora Beloff, always made me smile, but then again I'm puerile.

12 hours ago, lake district canary said:

We'll be alright then, as long as Sitti proves good enough for the team.

and Sean Connery isn't anywhere near the commentary