Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

Congrats to Harrogate Town

Promoted to the Football League for the first time.

One of the consequences of their promotion is that they have to get rid of their 4G pitch and lay a grass one.

Bolton vs Harrogate gonna be interesting. Still seems crazy they will be in the same leauge, shows what bad management can do to a club.

Two promotions in a row, not bad at all. Heres hoping Kings lynn will be the next team to follow them to league two

• Like 2

Congratulations to Harrogate and there will be some new rivalry between them and Bradford next season. I live virtually between them both but I'm guessing very much now that no football is likely to be played in front of fans for a good while and so wont be able to sneak in a live game 😞

Unbelievable really that they're in League 2

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Bolton vs Harrogate gonna be interesting. Still seems crazy they will be in the same leauge, shows what bad management can do to a club.

Two promotions in a row, not bad at all. Heres hoping Kings lynn will be the next team to follow them to league two

Sorry to be a nitpicker, but they did spend two seasons in the Conference National. Still, a brilliant achievement... always good to see a new member of 'the 92'. Just a shame they had to beat Notts County... I was born in Nottingham and my dad used to take me to Meadow Lane before we moved to Norfolk when I was 4, so they're kind of my second team.

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Must be strange being a York fan, having Harrogate above you in the system.

Ah York, from a solid midtable Leauge two club to dropping like a stone two divisons down to National League North.

Yet another sad example of what happens to clubs under bad management and shady businessmen 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Ah York, from a solid midtable Leauge two club to dropping like a stone two divisons down to National League North.

Yet another sad example of what happens to clubs under bad management and shady businessmen 

Is it? 

Had the same Chairman for 17 year, a local man who is a lifetime York City fan and owns a local manufacturing business.

You may be getting muddled up with Leyton Orient? 

They got promoted by the way, will be one league below League Two next season.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

My local side now in the football league! I can't actually believe they've done it! They had a wage budget of £1600 a week a few years ago, that would get you Josip Drmic for about 6 hours 🤣

York City will be eyeing up our sale of Godfrey for their future... would be game changing money for them if we sold him for £30m and they get 10%

Full marks to them. Nice to see some new names coming up. Salford obviously had a ****-ton of money behind them (and not far from me, indeed I did two degrees at the university there) but didn't have a history at that level and now Barrow and Harrogate are up.

And yes, mismanagement is rife. Bolton, Bury, and Wigan can all sing that tune.

Well done to them but I am yet to be convinced that so many smaller clubs are entering into League football where the demands are higher is a good thing for football overall. So many have come and gone.

8 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Well done to them but I am yet to be convinced that so many smaller clubs are entering into League football where the demands are higher is a good thing for football overall. So many have come and gone.

Maybe they've got a 5 year plan and this promotion came a year too early.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Maybe they've got a 5 year plan and this promotion came a year too early.

Or maybe theyll just accept they will be relagated before the season has even commenced. As they have a self funding model. You never know, they might get in a couple of pub league players to strengthen the team. 

Edited by City fan
Check

22 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Harrogate 2 Ipswich Town 0 has a nice ring to it, season after next !

You think Ipswich will stay up?

22 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Salford obviously had a ****-ton of money behind them (and not far from me, indeed I did two degrees at the university there)

What an odd thing to shoehorn into the conversation

Big city fan living in Harrogate, when not watching the city I go to watch harrogate from time to time! Really enjoyed it this year, bit more old fashioned tackling, excellent antidote for our dismal form, hard to believe if the cards turn in the wrong way, city could be playing harrogate, in 2021!! ( no chance😥😥!!)